Dear Michael Bidwill ( A Must Read )

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a huge concern going into next season....

Is he saying that he didn't work out at all for over 9 weeks? I remember the hit Clay Matthews put on him (Kolb was chased down from behind and sacked. The hit was between the shoulder blades and very legal).

Although any concussion is serious, both hits on him seemed like normal football plays. What will happen when he really takes a monster shot?

If the Cards plan on keeping him long-term, they better build a custom helmet for his head. Cause the hits can only get worse IMO.

yeah... these are all BIG RED flags. Taking 3 months to basically get over a concussion is pretty scary, especially because it wasn't like he took some monsterous shot.

i don't know much about his actual physical toughness (and i question his mental toughness), but if there's anything that can't be debated it's that his body is pretty damn frail.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would consider this a monster hit:

I was in the building for both of those hits..... And I thought he was a tough SOB for the crush job he took when he hit Fitz on the bomb.

I'm not questioning his toughness personally.... But the time it takes him to recover from injury raises a few questions.

I am not sure I am willing to pay 8 or 9 million to answer those questions. When we could have the same "roll of the dice" proposition with PM.

Skelton waits in the wings either way.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
True-----the choice to come here or not is Peyton Manning's. That said, it is incumbent upon our front office and ownership to make that decision as easy as it possibly can for Manning to make. THAT is one phase of our (game) that this team just does not do well at.

With neither Coach Whiz nor GM Graves closing the door on the Peyton Manning rumors today at the Scouting Combine you have to think the Cardinals are planning on going after QB Peyton Manning. Both could of ended the madness today but instead both left the door open to "upgrade the position".

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Agree 100% and believe signing Manning will "pay for itself" in numerous ways, i.e. team popularity, marketing, and the all important Lombardi trophy! Not to mention FA signings by making the tam more desirable to them!

Is everyone forgetting that Peyton has had FOUR neck surgeries in twelve months, including fusions and his arm strength is way down? Who in there right mind will pay him $25 mill a year if he foolishly comes back to play NFL football. I hope Peyton is a lot smarter than that.

I for one would not want to see Peyton laying on the field in a heap after a big hit to the head. Not in our stadium. Not in anyone's stadium. Perhaps, the greatest QB to ever step on a field should become his own Doctor in this case.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There have been Colt players who on record have said they've watched him throw at the end of the regular season. Not in secret locations, but at practice.

It is probably more about his neck holding up under big hits than it is about arm strength. Your neck problem will put you in a wheelchair. A weak arm will put you in the broadcasting booth.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is probably more about his neck holding up under big hits than it is about arm strength. Your neck problem will put you in a wheelchair. A weak arm will put you in the broadcasting booth.

1. It's four procedures not operations. The best info is, in fact, three actual operations.

2. Doctors have stated that he is no more likely to injure his neck than any other player who suits up on Sunday. The neck is healed.

3. Most recent report says nerves are re-generating in his triceps.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. It's four procedures not operations. The best info is, in fact, three actual operations.

2. Doctors have stated that he is no more likely to injure his neck than any other player who suits up on Sunday. The neck is healed.

3. Most recent report says nerves are re-generating in his triceps.

Well, that's absurd. Do you really think that opinions from Medical Professionals should carry anywhere near the weight of anecdotal evidence? I knew a guy that had multiple surgeries on his neck and he ended up in a wheelchair. That's good enough for me.

Steve

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, that's absurd. Do you really think that opinions from Medical Professionals should carry anywhere near the weight of anecdotal evidence? I knew a guy that had multiple surgeries on his neck and he ended up in a wheelchair. That's good enough for me.

Steve

Please add ;) for John's sake.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Agree 100% and believe signing Manning will "pay for itself" in numerous ways, i.e. team popularity, marketing, and the all important Lombardi trophy! Not to mention FA signings by making the tam more desirable to them!

One Lombardi Trophy in the hands of the Cardinals organization & fans makes any risk with Manning WORTH IT!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Manning is such a risk. I really hope when it doesn't pan out and ya'll go apesh*t and Kolb (or even Skelton) light it up and take us to more playoffs, that you chumps will eat crow like real men instead of acting like you predicted we should develop our current QB's. Eat crow b*tches.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manning is such a risk. I really hope when it doesn't pan out and ya'll go apesh*t and Kolb (or even Skelton) light it up and take us to more playoffs, that you chumps will eat crow like real men instead of acting like you predicted we should develop our current QB's. Eat crow b*tches.

I think Manning's a risk. I think Kolb's a risk. I don't know how to measure which risk is greater but only one of those two guys has shown the ability to win games consistently. I'm still in Skelton's corner but in the end, I could care less which guy QB's us into the playoffs. BTW, what's with the attitude? You seem to be getting more belligerent with each post. When I get cranky like that I just increase my fiber.

Steve

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Manning's a risk. I think Kolb's a risk. I don't know how to measure which risk is greater but only one of those two guys has shown the ability to win games consistently. I'm still in Skelton's corner but in the end, I could care less which guy QB's us into the playoffs. BTW, what's with the attitude? You seem to be getting more belligerent with each post. When I get cranky like that I just increase my fiber.

Steve

Manning may be a risk, and Kolb may be a risk, but the fact is, by the time Manning gets himself together again he's going to be 37 years old. I'm 42, and even though I'm not an athlete, I know stuff doesn't work right when you're 37. I'll still hedge my bets on the younger guy playing QB.

I don't get more belligerent man. I'm kind of always that way. I don't get upset or offended or get my feelings hurt when people rip on me, and believe me, they do alot, it's just kind of me being me. I can be all nice and sweet and sh*t if you want, if it would make you feel better.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
One Lombardi Trophy in the hands of the Cardinals organization & fans makes any risk with Manning WORTH IT!

Landing a 37yr old, who's right now injured QB guarantees nothing...even Peyton Manning! The hardest path to the Lombardi Trophy is thru the NFC IMO. How many SB's did the great Dano Marino even make after his 2nd year?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landing a 37yr old, who's right now injured QB guarantees nothing...even Peyton Manning! The hardest path to the Lombardi Trophy is thru the NFC IMO. How many SB's did the great Dano Marino even make after his 2nd year?

I think the fact that we've just lived through two seasons of pretty horrific Quarterbacking has us all a little desperate. There's no question that Manning comes with issues but given our recent past and the concerns that accompany Kolb and Skelton it's no surprise that many of us are fantasizing about Peyton. Assuming we can bring him in on an incentive laden contract I just don't really see all that much downside given our current situation.

Steve

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think the fact that we've just lived through two seasons of pretty horrific Quarterbacking has us all a little desperate. There's no question that Manning comes with issues but given our recent past and the concerns that accompany Kolb and Skelton it's no surprise that many of us are fantasizing about Peyton. Assuming we can bring him in on an incentive laden contract I just don't really see all that much downside given our current situation.

Steve

The logic of bring him in & trying to get better makes perfect sense Steve. I just don't feel like RG & Wiz will put their necks on the line unless Manning has shown he's close to being ready to play. A 7-2 finish & them saying they think they can win with Kolb or Skelton.

We will SOON see how interested they are in Manning...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The logic of bring him in & trying to get better makes perfect sense Steve. I just don't feel like RG & Wiz will put their necks on the line unless Manning has shown he's close to being ready to play. A 7-2 finish & them saying they think they can win with Kolb or Skelton.

We will SOON see how interested they are in Manning...

I agree with this but full medical clearance along with Polian's comments that 6 weeks ago Peyton was throwing with velocity and accuracy out to the 28 yard area puts some of these concerns to rest, IMO.

The way we played out the season might make management confident with the direction we are going but I don't see how they could be comfortable with Kolb's concussion risks. I think we most likely go into the season with Skelton as the starter but I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Manning or another possible starter but I have to believe that Kolb is done here.

Steve

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I agree with this but full medical clearance along with Polian's comments that 6 weeks ago Peyton was throwing with velocity and accuracy out to the 28 yard area puts some of these concerns to rest, IMO.

The way we played out the season might make management confident with the direction we are going but I don't see how they could be comfortable with Kolb's concussion risks. I think we most likely go into the season with Skelton as the starter but I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Manning or another possible starter but I have to believe that Kolb is done here.

Steve

I think when all the smoke clears we will learn that Larry Fitzgeralds dinner with Peyton during Superbowl week got this whole thing really started. Remember Larry's little brother had tweeted that week something to the fact that "wheres theres smoke theres probably fire".

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05