Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It is wild that we're in Week 3 and we're highlighting Replacement Level Zaven Collins. I guess we're having to find old game footage from when we wore the blacks, but I imagine you can count on one hand how many fans are coming out to watch 25 make a really good edge seal on second and four.

Those unis just look so college.

I don't have a problem with the blacks except for them looking like Vick-era Falcons kits:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem is trusting either way 100% of the time. The eyeball test and analytics should be used together to help verify or rule out.
It's just a no win scenario because it is all outcome based. No one gets credit for converting when the analytics say you should go for it, but if you ignore the analytics and don't go for it, or even go for it based on the analytics get gon't convert, you get called on it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's just a no win scenario because it is all outcome based. No one gets credit for converting when the analytics say you should go for it, but if you ignore the analytics and don't go for it, or even go for it based on the analytics get gon't convert, you get called on it.
I'm excited that analytics have enabled a more aggressive style of play. That's good. No one wants more punting and field goals.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is wild that we're in Week 3 and we're highlighting Replacement Level Zaven Collins. I guess we're having to find old game footage from when we wore the blacks, but I imagine you can count on one hand how many fans are coming out to watch 25 make a really good edge seal on second and four.

I don't have a problem with the blacks except for them looking like Vick-era Falcons kits:

I don't like the dark on dark

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't fancy us in this one.

I feel like we're the Lions 18 months ago and our D line vs their O line is a mismatch. Kyler is wild card, if he plays like Sunday anything can happen. And Goff has been off form.

But overall I fancy the Lions to edge it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is ready to say we are better than Detroit. BUT, based on the first two games this season? We have the number 2 offense and Detroit is #16. It's a new season, every season is different.

That said, I do doubt our defense will do enough to win this game.
While somewhat true, 2 games is not signifanct data set. And the lions players are, for the most, more established. I doubt you’d find many knowledgeable football fans or analysts that would disagree with my assessments position by position.

Also, I believe someone here did say our offense was better. Hence my response in the first place.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We are number 2 in scoring offense despite our rag-tag team of receivers. Detroit is on the bottom half. We have put it altogether despite Detroit having better players at skilled positions, thats what im getting at.
Through two games, I cannot argue with that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know the Detroit roster, but when you mention TE, you compare one player from each team. We have three good TE's who have different skill sets, so I'm going with Arizona, though admitting only knowing about one Lion TE.
That’s just it, you’re arguing from a place admitted limited knowledge. I’m sure that lions fans don’t know who higgins or tip or either. Maybe their 2 and 3 are as good, or better, than our no name guys at the position. I can only grade upon what I know. LaPorta to mcbride. And while it’s close, LaPorta was historically fantastic as a rookie.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s just it, you’re arguing from a place admitted limited knowledge. I’m sure that lions fans don’t know who higgins or tip or either. Maybe their 2 and 3 are as good, or better, than our no name guys at the position. I can only grade upon what I know. LaPorta to mcbride. And while it’s close, LaPorta was historically fantastic as a rookie.
I would just like to remind everybody that before the season started I said a couple of times that Tee Higgins was going to be the second best player with the last name of Higgins in the NFL this year. So far, so good! :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05