Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh come on.

Rams got a HoF QB and a HoF coach.
Even being beat up doesn't account for losing by 31...and the game wasn't even the close because several of our guys sat out half the 4th quarter.

Anyone ever put an asterisk next to any of our losses because...*HoF WR retired, or *HoF QB retired, or *4 of 5 starting linemen are on IR...??
No. It was simply, the Rams kicked the Cardinals ass... or the Niners did, or Minnesota...or whatever...
No point in over thinking it. It's not honest.
The Cardinals kicked the crap out of the Rams this time.
That's truth. That's honest.
I don’t place an asterisk next to it. That’s your placing words in my mouth. But I do understand the facts that go into wins and losses. If anything is “dishonest”, it’s your desire to ignore said facts b

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t place an asterisk next to it. That’s your placing words in my mouth. But I do understand the facts that go into wins and losses. If anything is “dishonest”, it’s your desire to ignore said facts b
Lots of facts and situations go into wins and losses.

You compete against the guy that lines up across from you.
The Rams fielded the best team they could and we spanked them.

Wanting your opponent at full strength so you can beat them at their best is a nice attitude. Very competitive but ego driven... I thought that way a lot most of my life.
But now??
Hell, screw that. If every team we play between now and a Lombardi has to hire 5 linemen and a 50 year old QB off their couch in order to put a team on the field...I'm all for it...and I'll be rocking my super bowl champion tee shirt with no shame

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lots of facts and situations go into wins and losses.

You compete against the guy that lines up across from you.
The Rams fielded the best team they could and we spanked them.

Wanting your opponent at full strength so you can beat them at their best is a nice attitude. Very competitive but ego driven... I thought that way a lot most of my life.
But now??
Hell, screw that. If every team we play between now and a Lombardi has to hire 5 linemen and a 50 year old QB off their couch in order to put a team on the field...I'm all for it...and I'll be rocking my super bowl champion tee shirt with no shame
You’re missing my point. I don’t care who lines up against us. I want to win. But when analyzing our strengths and weaknesses I am not going to ignore what our challenges, or lack thereof, have been in making my assessment.

If we beat the three worst teams in the league and our next opponent beat the three best teams in the league, we are both 3-0, id be inclined to believe they might be favored.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You’re missing my point. I don’t care who lines up against us. I want to win. But when analyzing our strengths and weaknesses I am not going to ignore what our challenges, or lack thereof, have been in making my assessment.

If we beat the three worst teams in the league and our next opponent beat the three best teams in the league, we are both 3-0, id be inclined to believe they might be favored.
Agree.

My hope for the lions game lies with the Buffalo bills. We played them to the wire in a game with 35 mph winds..
They then proceeded to destroy Miami a week later.. Miami who is highly talented and supposed to be a solid playoff contender.
Those events combined with the fact we didn't Cardinal against an under powered Rams team lead me to believe as a whole this redbirds team is better than expected.
Detroit...and Goff...have had our number for a long time...losing this game is a time honored tradition.

But I think(feel) we are establishing new traditions.
Of course that all means squat if we don't have a good plan for Hutch...he is the only thing between us and another 40 point game imo

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a big game but I won’t go as far as calling it a defining moment.
It’s an awfully long season. 2-1 would make us all feel fuzzy and warm but it doesn’t define nothing but our fandom.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this game get national attention? Or are we largely flying under the radar?
It's dwarfed in coverage by Bal-Dal. Roughly equal to LA-SF. At least we don't have Mark Sanchez this time.