Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics Series

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
At this point, I want to see KG get a ring. Of all of the stars in the playoffs without a ring, he deserves one the most.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The Celtics played well and didd a great job on the boards. But after the Cav series, I'm not going to draw any conclusions until someone wins a road game.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The funny thing about that elbow is that Garnett is so much taller, it did not seem to make much contact.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, this is a matchup of my two least favorite teams in all of the NBA. I'm cheering for meteor.

(nickel royalty to abomb)

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By the way, this is a matchup of my two least favorite teams in all of the NBA. I'm cheering for meteor.

(nickel royalty to abomb)

Same here. You're talking about the west finals right?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rasheed Wallace is the most overrated star in the NBA. 12 ppg and 6 rpg and somehow he's an all star?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I was able to watch one quarter, and it was so boring I turned it off.

I just want to know who won, I can't actually make myself watch it. So boring. :bigyawn:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rasheed Wallace is the most overrated star in the NBA. 12 ppg and 6 rpg and somehow he's an all star?
I think his lack of consistent effort is whats frustrating.
He's incredible when motivated. He can do just about anything on the court. Post up,shoot from anywhere,pass,rebound,block shot's, defend and lead.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Sheed Wallace is a big enough three point threat that he can force opponents to come out to guard him, which opens the floor a lot since he's too big for wings to cover him. But at 35.8% for three, he's very inconsistant. He's much better with the baseline jumpr than with his back to the basket.

Sheed plays pretty well on defense. The Pistons ranked 3rd in opponent's shooting percentage with him at center. It was not reflected tonight, but he's generally pretty good as a defender.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When your center can shoot 35% from the arc and score in the paint you're in decent shape. The fact that he usually only get's up for the big games and big names is frustrating. I missed tonights game. Hoping to catch the replay on the dish.

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
I was able to watch one quarter, and it was so boring I turned it off.

I just want to know who won, I can't actually make myself watch it. So boring. :bigyawn:

Well I watched most of the game, and it probably will be just as boring as the lakers/spurs series. KG way outplayed rasheed, hustled more and was quicker, made better decisions. KG's defense was outstanding, a serious presence on the floor. When pistons players did penetrate KG was there to cover alot. Rasheed looked like hes been eating too many pizzas, he looked a little fat, slow. Rondo was a stud on defense, damn, the suns could have had him for just about nothing(!#?). He has very long arms that he uses well in the passing lanes, and is a tough guy to get a shot over at his size. Billups doesnt look well, but stuckey is a nice talent, love that guy. Stuckey can be a really good player in the NBA someday. Pierce is apparently Princes' kryptonite, prince just isnt strong enough to guard PP. Ray allen looked old on offense, but he hustled around on D quite a bit for his age. Ray stuck to Rip pretty well. McDyess looked good, strong, smart and with a decent 15-17 footer. He's come along way since he destroyed his knee.

Yeah it was a boring game compared to the SSOL suns, but at least there was no flopping, grabbing and holding to speak of.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Celtics had better get a few games up while Detroit is rusty, because they can't win on the road! Still expect Detroit to take this series, the C's have been less than impressive in any round!!!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
How unfair is that? Detroit is likely headed to another NBA Finals, while they have a rookie whom the announcers have already dubbed "Dwyane Wade Lite" in Rodney Stuckey.

But hey. We gots cash. :bang:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How unfair is that? Detroit is likely headed to another NBA Finals, while they have a rookie whom the announcers have already dubbed "Dwyane Wade Lite" in Rodney Stuckey.

But hey. We gots cash. :bang:
dont worry, the celtics have rhondo. oops. another one slipped away.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Boston is in real trouble now.

They have to win on the road, something they haven't been able to do all post season, and they need to do it in Detroit of all places.

This was a huge win for Detroit. They took a huge step toward a return to the NBA finals tonight.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, Celtics are in trouble gonna be hard to win in Detroit, that and these guys SUCK on the road in the playoffs! Don't really care tired of all the Boston love, yeah your team has a bunch of great players they had better be good especially in the freakin east!!!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO Detroit is the better defensive team to the man.
That and they've been here(Eastern Finals)many times and appear to be unrattled when the offense stalls at times(as opposed to the CELTICS who seem to panic when their shots aren't falling.)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics team is full of little ******* like Ray Allen. Over-rated. And KG..never met a shot in crunch time that he would take. And Pierce...damn it if I kinda like him, his histronics on the court make me very angry. Straight *******.

I dislike the Pistons just a little bit less.

I take joy in every Celtics loss...deep personal joy. Pistons..meh, I don't care if they win or lose unless they play the Lakers. But the C's? I revel in their losses.

It is unhealthy. I should probably seek therapy.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Celtics team is full of little ******* like Ray Allen. Over-rated. And KG..never met a shot in crunch time that he would take. And Pierce...damn it if I kinda like him, his histronics on the court make me very angry. Straight *******.

I dislike the Pistons just a little bit less.

I take joy in every Celtics loss...deep personal joy. Pistons..meh, I don't care if they win or lose unless they play the Lakers. But the C's? I revel in their losses.

It is unhealthy. I should probably seek therapy.
Yeah the more i've had a chance to watch them this post-season i dislike the "big-three" and the hype associated with it. I've got to blame ESPN for alot of that but still.
I am a Pistons fan though because they are similar to the SPURS in a couple ways.....defense,business-like,no B.S.
The difference between the two teams for me is that the Pistons don't look to flop at every opportunity and look to their bench to bring in washed up,P.O.S. cheap shot artist's to gain an advantage when they feel the threat of losing a series.
If i'm the Lakers....i'm keeping my eyes open and my head on a swivel in games 3 & 4.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05