Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics Series

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't claim Amare as a loss that year, as he wasn't there at all and yet you still had a great season. KT, ok, but you pushed to the 2 seed without any help from Amare. So you played .500 ball down the stretch. The Lakers that year played .500 ball all year. Boy, I wish I had heard all this "near miracle" and such back then, instead of all the "you suck, Lakers" that was dropped all over. If you don't remember, Suns fans expected to roll the Lakers like creampuffs...since you beat us 3-1 in the regular season (or was it 4-0?).

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
But then what Lakers fan would know any of this? That PJ and Kobe were beaten by an injury ravaged Suns team (lost 2 starters at the 4,5 for the year) with no size or depth up front, the smallest team in the playoffs.

Yeah, PHX beat a team that started Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. It's a miracle the Suns had the heart to beat that team in 7 games! :sarcasm:

Jeez, man, talk about revisionist history.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yeah, PHX beat a team that started Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. It's a miracle the Suns had the heart to beat that team in 7 games! :sarcasm:

Jeez, man, talk about revisionist history.

I guess kobe, lamar, devean, luke, turiaf, bynum, Mihm, Kwame smush and sasha werent good enough for PJ to win against Nash marion, diaw, Bell, TT, and barbosa. I guess marion and diaw were too tough inside(real beasts, frenchie and shawn) for that laker group to defend the 3 point line and prevent TT, Raja from bombing away. That was the only way that suns team could win, from the perimeter, and yet ... PJ didnt do what POPs would have done, defend the 3 pter.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Returning to the actual supposed topic of this thread, the Pistons are up 22-17 on the Celtics after 1 quarter. The Celtics surprisingly are close despite shooting only 20% (3/15) from the field and having 5 turnovers in contrast to the Pistons 43% shooting and 1 turnover.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The Pistons shut down the Celtics offense and shot over 50%.

Proving? I have no idea. I think Sanders is a better coach than Rivers, but both teams seem to making major adjustments from game to game.

I'm curious as to how much impact Terry Porter is having on the Piston's preparation.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I still have the feeling that Celtics will win this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05