Dexter Jackson and James Hodges agreed in principle!!!

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
even if they are...... we need Dline help.
not that those two guys wouldn't help....... I think a lot of Alton Moore, because I watched him a lot at Auburn, but I don't think he is the help we need.... but you never know, all the McCown praise, the Cardinals might believe the same.....?????

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
JimmyO...That is not cool bro.

Don't knock Jimmy O.......I thank him for coming in to help set us straight if need be. That ESPN link is interesting though

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just glad SOMEBODY signed, I was getting worried that not a single player would come.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
Don't knock Jimmy O.......I thank him for coming in to help set us straight if need be. That ESPN link is interesting though

I'm not knocking.....but if he knows something spell it out....

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Dexter was all set to go to Pittsburgh, but you have to credit the Cardinals for showing the desire to get better as a team," said Jackson's agent, Peter Schaffer. "The Cardinals stepped up and impressed Dexter with what they are trying to do as an organization."

At least someone thinks we have the desire to win. :D

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JimmyO...That is not cool bro.

Until its signed on the dotted line - Jimmy O is completely right.

Remember David Wells had a handshake deal with the Diamondbacks.

When it is official, I'm Sure J.O. will post the release here.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I'm not knocking.....but if he knows something spell it out....

He very well may have his hands tied by the Org. to not say anything until the press release comes out. I dont mind him not saying exactly what is going on but for us to read between the lines so to speak

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll supply the fish but I don't know where we are going to get the lock and canal from.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
"Dexter was all set to go to Pittsburgh, but you have to credit the Cardinals for showing the desire to get better as a team," said Jackson's agent, Peter Schaffer. "The Cardinals stepped up and impressed Dexter with what they are trying to do as an organization."

At least someone thinks we have the desire to win. :D

Yea!! We DUPED SOMEONE!!!! Yea...I mean...Yea.... (Just joking...):D

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
I'll supply the fish but I don't know where we are going to get the lock and canal from.

IS this how rhubarb works?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Also, while this is progress (I personally think that D.Jax is a good fit, since I think we're switching to a Cover 2), this doesn't really mean anything.

One FB is very much like another. If we end up signing Hodges and pay him more than $1.25 mil per year, we're overpaying massively.

We still don't have a pass rush or a QB or a proven free safety (Did anyone know D.Jax's name before the Super Bowl? No. Simeon was the MVP of the Super Bowl.). He could very well end up being the next Larry Brown.

ESPN.com just posted the contract terms. The funniest line in the story is this:

Yeah, like rolling up the Brinks truck to stop the hemmoraging by the fan base.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, like rolling up the Brinks truck to stop the hemmoraging by the fan base.

If we overpay then we overpay. And yes. It is exciting to finally get that monkey off your back. Jackson is a good signing. However, I agree with you. OUR PRIMARY NEEDS STILL EXIST. A QB and pass rusher. Maybe Blake pretty soon. Holliday and Okefor next.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This sounds completely cedible to me. Its all over the tickers with dollar amounts so i believe this deal is done. Even though we have 2 guys im still dissapointed that noone that no dline help has been signed yet. In other news dana stubblefield was signed by the raiders, which means adams is done as a raider.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picture John Cleese slapping Michael Palin with large fish and knocking him into the canal.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Just picture John Cleese slapping Michael Palin with large fish and knocking him into the canal.

??? :trout:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think they are both good signing's. Dexter Jackson is a good ballhawking FS that is at his best in a zone defense and that is what we play. Plus he is young and just coming into his prime(5th year). James Hodgins is listed at 6-1 270 and is a very good blocker best suited to a power running game. If our line isn't a power running style line I don't know what is. He is also young and in his 5th year. They are not Colvin or Holiday but is a nice start.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snakester
I think they are both good signing's. Dexter Jackson is a good ballhawking FS that is at his best in a zone defense and that is what we play. Plus he is young and just coming into his prime(5th year). James Hodgins is listed at 6-1 270 and is a very good blocker best suited to a power running game. If our line isn't a power running style line I don't know what is. He is also young and in his 5th year. They are not Colvin or Holiday but is a nice start.

I'm with you, dude.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snakester
They are not Colvin or Holiday but is a nice start.

I agree that they're not Colvin, but to me this is the same as signing Holliday. Who is Vonnie Holliday?

Again, D.Jax is an all right acquisition, but let's not let up on hammering on management for not fixing their primary problems: QB and pass rush.

Anyone who says they were high on D. Jax before the Super Bowl, or even during, is a damn liar. He'll be an all right player here, but he's kind of like Starks: Good player, thinks he's the best in the league at his position.