Prado (3B)
Hill (2B)
Goldschmidt (1B)
Kubel (LF)
Montero (C)
Ross (RF)
Gregorius (SS)
Pitcher

If Prado can come around that will be a dangerous lineup. Question is, though, what happens to Parra who is playing very well?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Eaton (Center)
Prado (3B)
Hill (2B)
Goldschmidt (1B)
Kubel (LF)
Montero (C)
Ross (RF)
Gregorius (SS)
Pitcher

If Prado can come around that will be a dangerous lineup. Question is, though, what happens to Parra who is playing very well?

Good question. We can platoon the OFs but I would still like to ride the hot hand (Parra).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parra everyday over Ross. Shouldn't even be a discussion on it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Good question. We can platoon the OFs but I would still like to ride the hot hand (Parra).
Parra is doing a hell of a job batting leadoff. But I don't like him hitting his first two into the air for outs tonight or being moved out of leadoff.

-- Why can't Gibby leave well enough alone?

-- Why can't Parra swing for line drives even when he is moved down in the batting order?

Isn't winning more important?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to back homers from Kubel and Chavez. Tie game!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prado with a homer! 4-3 dbacks!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And also why would you just let Ziegler just keep throwing when he can't throw a strike.

And then he totally fails and now the pitching switch. Just horrible mismanagement.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please send Marte down. He's clearly not ready to be up here. What a useless at bat.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bullpen is falling apart, now Ziegler, who had been pitching so well, caught the bug that the rest of the pen has.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gibson lost this game. Why he had Zeigler in there pitching to left-handed hitters does not make sense. Zeigler is much better at pitching to righties.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was ugly..... and it's really looking strong that we've got the same Kennedy as last year... :sad:

OP
OP
Avondale Red Rage

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
I agree he should have brought Sipp in to face Belt (not sure of head to head) numbers. I have a feeling though that with all the close games some of the bullpen needed a breather and Ziegler either got out of it or was taking one for the team as Sipp was pitching the 9th anyway. Collmentor, Reynolds, Bell, Hernandez, & Putz will be getting their share of work if Cahill and McCarthy stay true to current form the next couple of nights.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Gibson lost this game. Why he had Zeigler in there pitching to left-handed hitters does not make sense. Zeigler is much better at pitching to righties.

Hard to argue with this... Sipp is certainly no sure thing as well and I gotta believe Gibby was gun shy in bringing him in given his crappy performances this year, coupled with Zeigler being the most consistent out of the pen...
Wouldn't hurt as well if we can start hitting with RISP... Need more offense desperately...

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tonight Trevor "5th Inning" Cahill takes the mound against Madison "ERA Sub 2" Bumgarner. DBacks are 8-6 at home, and the Giants are 6-8 away. After a strong series against the Rockies, we need to bounce back and take the series.

Cahill needs to find his groove tonight, and give the bullpen some needed rest. The division isn't won in April, but it sure helps to beat division rivals early.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I hope our temporary return to "Live by the home run swing, die by the home run swing" last night was a one-time occurrence.

Parra, dropped out of the leadoff spot, then having an uncharacteristic 0-5 with two hit in the air and two strikeouts (I didn't see his 5th at-bat). He became a different player at bat.

If it ain't broke . . . mess with it. Unnecessary micro-managing!

That's not a good sign for when Adam Eaton returns to CF and leadoff and Parra bats elsewhere and rotates different positions as backup.

Jason Kubel makes a difference when he is in the lineup, especially as our only LH power hitter. Eaton is a legitimate leadoff hitter. That leaves Cody Ross and Parra for the outfield. That's a tough call.

As an aside, Cody Ross is one of those rare baseball players who throws left and bats right.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, Pennington and Marte are in the lineup tonight to support Cahill...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05