Diamondbacks vs. Giants thread April 29 - May 1

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Towers put together this bullpen and he said it's the strength of the team. He is responsible for this mess and I would fire him if I was the owner.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heath Bell can't get anyone out either. Just put Reynolds in as the closer.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a freaking letdown, bullpen. Pull your head out of your asses!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Towers put together this bullpen and he said it's the strength of the team. He is responsible for this mess and I would fire him if I was the owner.

Really?? How many saves did JJ have last season?? And Hernandez had a solid year as well. There was reason to believe those two wouldn't be a solid combo again...
Reynolds has been terrific, as had Zeigler. You might want to tap the brakes a bit dude...

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This bullpen is a HUGE embarrassment. Outside of Reynolds and Ziegler, they aren't worth a pinch of sour owl crap. They can't throw strikes, and when they occasionally do, it's right in the batter's wheelhouse. Get out of town, clowns. If you're going to continue horribly embarrassing yourself, do it on the road, for gawd's sake.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This bullpen is a HUGE embarrassment. Outside of Reynolds and Ziegler, they aren't worth a pinch of sour owl crap. They can't throw strikes, and when they occasionally do, it's right in the batter's wheelhouse. Get out of town, clowns. If you're going to continue horribly embarrassing yourself, do it on the road, for gawd's sake.

They should take the bus to San Diego due to their play the last three games.

OP
OP
Avondale Red Rage

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
another tough loss. Here's an idea while the bullpen struggles - score more runs. In all reality, I'll take blame for this series as I got impatient and started the series thread. Back to you Coyoteshockeyfan....

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another tough loss. Here's an idea while the bullpen struggles - score more runs. In all reality, I'll take blame for this series as I got impatient and started the series thread. Back to you Coyoteshockeyfan....

6 runs ain't bad..... Unless they other guys score 9 runs. The way it's going, we'd need to score 23 runs per game to be relatively sure of a win.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
They mentioned my comment on the Dbacks post game show

They are playing outstanding even with the players they have on the DL.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Three Stooges were supposed to be our 7, 8, 9 lock down but they've just turned out to be a colossal joke.

I'm really worried this could get bad. Bad bullpens can totally demoralize a team.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still have't written the pen off yet... I mean, it's May... That being said April has been a month to forget, downright UGLY to be honest. If things don't get better, we're kinda screwed, looking at the numbers of the pitchers on the Aces, things aren't looking too good there, either.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
As horrible as it has been so far, they're only a few games back and it's barely May. I'll take it with all of the injuries.

That said, the pen needs to get their sh*t together!

Bell has been pretty decent. (Aside from a few rough outings.)

Putz has been a disaster. Hernandez as well.

You HAVE to think that these guys will figure it out again after being so good last year. Although I give Putz less of a chance to do so. I think he may be fighting an injury. Or maybe age is finally catching up.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only player on the DL we are really missing is Hill. It doesn't help that our bug trade acquisition is leading the league in outs made. Comments about all those "quality at bats" 82?

Last edited:

snowthedirtbub

Veteran
Reaction score
Hernandez blows the game and then calls out the fans,

David Hernandez ‏@DHern_30 10h
@DHuddy41 the fans may not have our backs be we have each others. Ride together die together. #BadBoyz #4 #Life #Boo

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
The only player on the DL we are really missing is Hill. It doesn't help that our bug trade acquisition is leading the league in outs made. Comments about all those "quality at bats" 82?

I'm assuming you meant big trade acquisition? Do you mean Prado?

That's the last guy I'm worried about.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BadBoyz 4 Life????

Seriously? Shut up and pitch David.

Idiot.

What a joke, is me mad because he was booed? What on earth makes him think we don't have the right to bo the team we pay money to go see? This is OUR team, if we don't like the product, better beleive we're going to voice our opinion about it.

Get your ERA under 4 bud, maybe then we'll cheer you. Welcome to my **** list Hernandez. (not like it matters to him, but he was one of my favs; no longer)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

LOL... Yes, he's been disappointing thru one month for sure. However, with the exception of Corbin and Miley, our starters have been totally inconsisent to sucky. Montero hasn't shown up yet and has been the biggest disappointment of all.
Kubel continues to underwhelm. Pennington and Wilson are sub-par at best... although they both play great defensively.
Hinske is a total waste.
And there's are bullpen of misfits...

But yes, Prado is performing far below his historical averages in this first month of the season...

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL... Yes, he's been disappointing thru one month for sure. However, with the exception of Corbin and Miley, our starters have been totally inconsisent to sucky. Montero hasn't shown up yet and has been the biggest disappointment of all.
Kubel continues to underwhelm. Pennington and Wilson are sub-par at best... although they both play great defensively.
Hinske is a total waste.
And there's are bullpen of misfits...

But yes, Prado is performing far below his historical averages in this first month of the season...

So basically everyone sucks or is middling at best?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm assuming you meant big trade acquisition? Do you mean Prado?

That's the last guy I'm worried about.

I would hope Goldy is really the last guy you're worried about and that Prado is a concern. Unless you accept paying $7M to a guy barely putting up a 600 OPS.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So basically everyone sucks or is middling at best?

Uh... no. Man that's not like you to so irresponsibly generalize and take a statement so out of context...

Parra has been brilliant.
Pollack has been more than serviceable.
Goldy has been solid - though it would be great if he could cut down on the K's.
Chavez has been very good.
Corbin and Miley have been extremely good.
Reynolds and Zeigler have been consistently good.
Heath Bell has been showing signs, yet needs to be better.
Collmenter has been very good.

So, no... "everyone" most certainly does not "suck"...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think the addition of Didi and Eaton will make this a much different team. I don't want to rely on the long ball. This team will have a different look when these guys are both in the line up and maybe we can scratch and claw our way to some runs instead of relying on HRs.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the addition of Didi and Eaton will make this a much different team. I don't want to rely on the long ball. This team will have a different look when these guys are both in the line up and maybe we can scratch and claw our way to some runs instead of relying on HRs.

A team built on "scratching and clawing" runs isn't going to score many. So by default you must rely in your pitching. Our SP although doing well are not exceptional at going deep into games so the BP must take on a lot of the load in that good pitching dept. as well. Since crap rolls down hill the fan base yells kill the BP for being less than perfect at their jobs. Somehow the offense gets a free pass because well, runs aren't important or something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05