Diamondbacks vs Padres series thread

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Prado just needs a change of scenery. Can't get it done here, right fellas?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that he is already feeling the pressure... He's killing us. But, thru 8 innings we only have 4 hits, so the entire team is simply not getting it done... We are last in the NL hitting with runners in scoring position. Takes more than Prado to achieve that feat...

We are last in NL w/RISP and 2 outs, not just RISP. We are 6th w/RISP which means we do pretty well when there aren't 2 outs. Well except for "Dos Caro Amigos".

Take away Prado and Montero and ARI is hitting .292 w/RISP. At least Montero is taking BB though.

Last edited:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope, can't do it. None of his brothers plays in the Major Leagues. ;)

I'd love to hear some old man wisdom from you about his horrible suckage and what character flaw you have discovered about him from your TV. You are the king of such things after all.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nope, can't do it. None of his brothers plays in the Major Leagues. ;)

Neither does Chris Johnson's brother (if he has one), yet he's filled Prado's spot in ATL just fine.

Meanwhile, we still have a sieve in third base; something we've been bitching about since after Mark Reynolds first couple of seasons.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Neither does Chris Johnson's brother (if he has one), yet he's filled Prado's spot in ATL just fine.

Meanwhile, we still have a sieve in third base; something we've been bitching about since after Mark Reynolds first couple of seasons.

Prado will move back to 3rd once Hill returns, and defensively, that will be Wayne than good enough...
Prado is a lifetime .290 hitter. I would think that sooner or later, he will get this figured out... I hope!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Prado will move back to 3rd once Hill returns, and defensively, that will be Wayne than good enough...
Prado is a lifetime .290 hitter. I would think that sooner or later, he will get this figured out... I hope!

Let's hope he starts bringing in runs when the opportunity presents itself.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we'd saved only half the games that there were blown saves in, we'd be in 1st place by 2 games. While we gotta score runs, it doesn't matter if you keep blowing the games (10 blown saves at this point.... GAAAAHHHHH!!!!)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We lead the NL in both save opp and in BP leveraged situations. That means we've given our BP more chances to blow it and less room for error than any other team.

For an extreme comparison think of the difference between having a save up three runs pitching 1 inning vs a save with the bases loaded, no outs and up by 1 in the 9th.

The amount of work our BP has had so far and the stress of that work can easily turn a middling BP into a pile of crap BP. The other two parts need to pick up the slack but we aren't built for that to happen too often. I think Gibson and Nagy are doing their best to manage a crappy situation.

Compare our BP numbers to the LAD and you can see how the types of relief situations can make a better performing BP have a much worse SV%

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We lead the NL in both save opp and in BP leveraged situations. That means we've given our BP more chances to blow it and less room for error than any other team.

For an extreme comparison think of the difference between having a save up three runs pitching 1 inning vs a save with the bases loaded, no outs and up by 1 in the 9th.

The amount of work our BP has had so far and the stress of that work can easily turn a middling BP into a pile of crap BP. The other two parts need to pick up the slack but we aren't built for that to happen too often. I think Gibson and Nagy are doing their best to manage a crappy situation.

Yep... We simply leave NO margin for error when we go to the pen. So, the only answer is that we either trade for some power (Upton?), or, we trade for the sandman (Mariano)! :D
Or, we can continue to cover our eyes and hold our breath each time Gibby decides to yank a starter... :sad:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Compare our BP numbers to the LAD and you can see how the types of relief situations can make a better performing BP have a much worse SV%

I absolutely understand your point..... HOWEVER: 10 blown saves in one month? Really? Your point is why I only suggested 5 turnarounds instead of 10. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05