San Diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 09/27/24-09/29/24

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Torrey strikes again. Martinez would face one LH batter and then two RH, but makes the switch and Puk craps the bed. Not sure where the desire is on this team right now

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That blown game against the Brewers left a mental scar on this team. Everyone has completely turtled.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That blown game against the Brewers left a mental scar on this team. Everyone has completely turtled.

It was before that. They have pissed away so many leads. That was just the final loss of confidence

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then it's a good thing they (likely) won't make the playoffs. They were opposite of this mentality last year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be the Suns vs Dallas… which was so painful I think it’s still clouding your perspective.

While the closer analogy would be Suns / Bucks...

Even then I didn't see a whole team just roll over.

The closest thing I can think to this is the 2021 Cardinals, where the team absolutely quit on the coach

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just have to laugh. Padres team that just wants to come out and knock our ***** in the dirt with nothing to play for and this is the performance we get....no balls or identity this year from this team. Bummer.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just have to laugh. Padres team that just wants to come out and knock our ***** in the dirt with nothing to play for and this is the performance we get....no balls or identity this year from this team. Bummer.

They had an identity early and that led to an epic run. Then we just got away from it.

This team got worse the healthier it got.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only player I saw play every play / inning like it was his last was Carroll. Even my boy Geno got a little lackadaisical

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake