Different road approach.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking just how the heck we can turn this road dilema around. We've tried just about everything including staying on the east coast for 2 weeks and nothing seems to work.

But when you look back at the success we've had even when losing is when we open things up and attack. That being said we never do that until we are 10 to 14 points down.

I'd love to see us come out with 4 wr and jump right into a no huddle attack. Hit the Panthers before they know what hit em'. Don't give them a chance to change personel. Keep pressure on their defense. I don't mean to come out and throw bombs although somewhere in that opening drive I throw a jump ball to Fitz.

We've tried everything else. Let's try coming out swinging!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need the strongest mojo only a witch doctor can provide:

Attachments

• 300px-Shona_witch_doctor_(Zimbabwe).jpg
    300px-Shona_witch_doctor_(Zimbabwe).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 167

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I Agree....

The Panthers are well-coached and are very good defensively BUT to not come out & attack is just playing into their hands. IF they're better this particular Sunday then they deserve the WIN but let's stay true to our strengths. I do understand the idea of setting up plays for later in the game and the chess-match, BUT simply stated, when teams are pressured they make mistakes. There's alot to be said for getting the early lead and that comes from attacking right from the start. Kurt is a rhythm passer and in the the 1st-half of the Dallas game we were just out-of-sync. It seemed we were placing too much emphasis on establishing the running game. I know you can't pass every play but run-run-pass on 3rd and long-doesn't get it done. One thing I REALLY liked about the Coryell years is that we came out firing. The down didn't matter! We were ALWAYS in attack-mode! Let's hope we are this Sunday! GO CARDS!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Let's see what a jolt of confidence does for the team.

If the weather is good maybe those two things combined and we reverse our road woes.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Lets just hope they don't think they are so great that they don't even have to show up and play the game.

I have too much faith in Wisenhunt to think he will allow that to happen after the bye week, on the road, against a good team.

They should be sufficiently motivated for those reasons exactly in fact.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals EVER get to play a "late game" on the East Coast???
Or do all East Coast games start at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time???

I noticed Dallas gets to play a game on the East Coast at 4:00 later this year. Must be nice for them.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
West coast teams going east are 0-12 so far this year. Crazy. Hopefully the Cards can put one in the win column this Sunday.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
West coast teams going east are 0-12 so far this year. Crazy. Hopefully the Cards can put one in the win column this Sunday.
0-12! THat says something for jet lag. Hopefully we're doing something to combat it. Does anyone know if the team does anything to "reset" themselves to east coast time the week prior to traveleing?
I would think that we would start practices a half hour erlier each day to dial into the time change.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0-12! THat says something for jet lag. Hopefully we're doing something to combat it. Does anyone know if the team does anything to "reset" themselves to east coast time the week prior to traveleing?
I would think that we would start practices a half hour erlier each day to dial into the time change.

We tried staying out there the entire week. That didn't help either.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any good west coast teams? Does that include Arizona?

Oakland, Seattle, San Fran?

San Diego is okay, but I think 0-12 might be a little deceiving.

or not

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

or not

We are included. Is Denver?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is funny to me that I keep thinking KC is on the west coast.

Yes. Kinda like that UPS commercial where the guy has to point to China and pulls down the map in frustration.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

or not

I think I saw on NFL Network that West Coast teams only won 33% of those types of games over the last 10 years. There have certainly been some good West Coast teams in that stretch of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05