Disappointing

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Gannon and his “defense” are gonna have to hold this one. Kliffy came in and out-schemed and quite frankly embarrassed him with a rookie QB en-route to hanging 42 on that ass. Washington’s offense dominated the game in every imaginable way.

That raises a HUGE red flag for me.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I wonder if they tell themselves that we were just a BJ Ojulari and Darius Robinson injury away from being a good defense. We all knew this would be a below average defense but this is something worse than that.

The tough part to swallow is I know most of us thought this offense would be good and it sadly is not.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The team that could only kick field goals two games ago against others came in and could only score TD's against us.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I listened to Wolf and Pascht (however it's spelled) on the internet while watching the "game". For some reason, I enjoy the combination of the 2 much more than the TV announcers. They have a commercial on there stating something roughly remembered as "San Tan Ford - WE are the Cardinals". Not that I'm in the market, but that would be the last place I'd go.
Today's game was pitiful. Yes, I'm doing my best not to curse today.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if they tell themselves that we were just a BJ Ojulari and Darius Robinson injury away from being a good defense. We all knew this would be a below average defense but this is something worse than that.

The tough part to swallow is I know most of us thought this offense would be good and it sadly is not.
Why we havent even attempted to replace BJ is mindblowing and thats on Bidwill.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler, Monti, Gannon, Petzing, etc, list goes on & on, but they get the majority of the blame.

Honeymoon is over & a lot of questions just got raised.

Tunnel looks real dark at the end right now.
We lost by 28 points today, the largest margin of defeat in the Kyler Murray era. Kliff never lost a game by this many points.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
In the game thread we called out individual players, when it's all said and done this entire team played like garbage and the coaching was just plain stupid, the whole team should be embarrassed , go home and not out to any restaurant and think about the game

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inexcusable effort
Last year people said "but they played hard". Not so today. Like I said in the game thread they didn't look ready coming out of the tunnel. I can't say exactly what was wrong then, they just looked more like they were jogging out for preseason than a must win regular season game.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
A thorough a$$ whooping that sends this franchise AGAIN back to square one. Kudos to the Commanders & a complete embarrassing defeat. I feel like I’ve been in this position with this franchise like 30 times. It’s exhausting.
Well any Washington (Redskins) or whatever that football team is called have a long history of doing this same exact thing to the birds at least back to the George Allen, Don Coryell days so its not surprising

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… it sucks knowing the season is over when it isn’t even OCTOBER and the team already started with 3 of their first 4 AT HOME.
This is really sad

We get kicked in the groin

Again

Take this and you'll like it!

You must be registered for see images attach

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the game thread we called out individual players, when it's all said and done this entire team played like garbage and the coaching was just plain stupid, the whole team should be embarrassed , go home and not out to any restaurant and think about the game

That's what I saw. Other than the kickers everybody was bad. I guess if you put a gun to my head I would say Conner had the best game but he boofed a couple of plays as well.

The lines were just manhandled.

White and Wilson Jr consistently made bad reads and then arm tackled.

The secondary? What a complete dumpster fire. It's like they hadn't played together. Communication was awful. Maybe the worst game of Jaylen Thompson's career. IDK how many times two guys went to cover one WR leaving someone WIDE open underneath for easy throws and conversions. But it was way too many.

The WRs ran sloppy routes. Everything was rounded off, no sharp cuts. Washington played physical press coverage and nobody whipped their guy with technique.

Kyler was not good after drive 1. Missed a couple of throws. And then seemed to lose reading the coverage presnap and knowing where his best matchup was going to be. Also, Washington never seemed to be the least bit confused by what we were running.

Petzing.... Ugh. The freaking pass on 3rd and 1 in the first half. Then, next time in that situation, we run the ball on 3rd and 1 and get the first. Same drive, 4th and 1 and six inches, we drop back pass and get sacked. If you supposedly are hanging your hat on being a physical run game, then do it dammit. Those plays tell the offensive line and Conner you don't believe in them.

IDK, I have seen a lot of really bad Cardinals football in 30+ years. But that has to be in the top 10, maybe even 5, worst performances by a Cards team I have ever witnessed.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's what I saw. Other than the kickers everybody was bad. I guess if you put a gun to my head I would say Conner had the best game but he boofed a couple of plays as well.

The lines were just manhandled.

White and Wilson Jr consistently made bad reads and then arm tackled.

The secondary? What a complete dumpster fire. It's like they hadn't played together. Communication was awful. Maybe the worst game of Jaylen Thompson's career. IDK how many times two guys went to cover one WR leaving someone WIDE open underneath for easy throws and conversions. But it was way too many.

The WRs ran sloppy routes. Everything was rounded off, no sharp cuts. Washington played physical press coverage and nobody whipped their guy with technique.

Kyler was not good after drive 1. Missed a couple of throws. And then seemed to lose reading the coverage presnap and knowing where his best matchup was going to be. Also, Washington never seemed to be the least bit confused by what we were running.

Petzing.... Ugh. The freaking pass on 3rd and 1 in the first half. Then, next time in that situation, we run the ball on 3rd and 1 and get the first. Same drive, 4th and 1 and six inches, we drop back pass and get sacked. If you supposedly are hanging your hat on being a physical run game, then do it dammit. Those plays tell the offensive line and Conner you don't believe in them.

IDK, I have seen a lot of really bad Cardinals football in 30+ years. But that has to be in the top 10, maybe even 5, worst performances by a Cards team I have ever witnessed.

That about sums it up

Nice commentary

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake