Do the Lakers scare you

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
They are starting to scare the hell out of me. The can consistently beat the top teams in the NBA, they are well coached, and play good defense. Not to mention the have arguably the best player in the league who can take over games at the end. I hope we don't see them in the playoffs this year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not scared. I am only scared of the Suns beating themselves.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are scared of the bottom feeder teams. It's maddening. :bang:

I want a Suns/Lakers WCF. I don't know if my heart could take it, however.

Shazam

Reaction score
Let's see how the Lakers do against the best teams when they play them for the second and third times. I'm not so sure that teams took the Lakers seriously enough because they we're mediocre for 2 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how their chemistry is once Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown come back. Don't forget that 15 of the Lakers first 20 games were at home.

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Let's see how the Lakers do against the best teams when they play them for the second and third times. I'm not so sure that teams took the Lakers seriously enough because they we're mediocre for 2 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how their chemistry is once Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown come back. Don't forget that 15 of the Lakers first 20 games were at home.

Yes but beating the Spurs, Suns, Jazz and Mavericks is impressive regardless of what floor it was on. If were able to do that I would be much more confident about our team's chances of going all the way.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

The Lakers beat Utah, San Antonio and Dallas the second time they played this season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Second times? Well, 2nd times we are 3-0 against Dallas and the Spurs and the Jazz.

And I'm not so sure that NBA teams and coaches are that stupid.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Do the Lakers scare me?

Only on my birthday, at Colorado hotels, or when discussing past accomplishments.

Seriously though, they are a scary team. They've got some good talent and you can never rule out a player with Kobe's talent. He can single handedly carry the team to a victory if the rest of the guys aren't up to par. But this season more than ever Kobe has shown he is willing to play in a team concept when necessary. Plus they have the greatest coach in history IMO.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
While any team can beat another team on a given night... No, I do not worry about the Lakers in a best of seven series if we are healthy.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Lakers are a top team and overlooking them is foolish. I made a similiar error last year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Lakers are a good team. They are NOT a championship contender, however.

That said, no team "scares" me against the Suns, not even Dallas. I look forward to great games between the two teams--but I still believe we are the better and more talented team.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
im looking forward to the lakers beating dallas so we can have the best record in the nba

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I worry most about the Mavericks, not because of Dirk because he's their franchise, but because of the number of players they have that can penetrate to the basket, e.g., Josh Howard, Devin Harris, Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse to name a few.

As much as the Suns need another big man, I think they may need another player to matchup with these players because the Mavericks are not afraid to go small like Phoenix... and they simply have more ammunition. I can see these type players getting Phoenix in foul trouble.

Is there another John Salmons type player out there that can be had in a trade?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm only scared of ourselves. I don't believe another team can beat us in a seven game series when healthy. We are in cruise mode right now and are having a hard time getting up for games. I have noticed when we play a game on national tv we seem to notch it up. There are teams in the league that bring the best out of us. Yes, we will lose some games but this team has been together for a couple of years (except Amare) and they continue to improve.

fordronken

Reaction score
Honestly, I think there are three teams that concern me in a seven game series. The Mavs, the Spurs and the Lakers. Obviously, the Mavs are by far the biggest threat of those three and if the Spurs don't get more atheletic through a trade, they have much less of a chance. But Phil Jackson coached teams play incredibly smart playoff basketball. They kind of remind me of the Patriots. The players don't have very much talent, but they tend to be in the right spots on the floor at the right time. That comes from the coach. And of course, having Kobe Bryant will always make you a threat in a close game.

The one main thing the Suns have going for them against the Lakers is, if the Suns play at their best, or close to it, the Lakers can't win. The Lakers can beat the Suns by taking them out of their comfort zone. If the game gets free and loose, the Suns can crush them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Rockets last night showed for awhile how to beat the Suns. Ironically, if the opponent packs the paint and makes Phoenix an outside shooting team, the Suns get out of rhythm. The Suns are best when they are in rhythm working the ball inside out or getting the ball out on the fastbreak.

Luckily, in the second half of the Houston game the Suns decided to challenge the Rockets inside. Also, is it me or do the Suns play some of their best defense in a zone?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers have the some matchup problem with the Suns as last year. They have to maintain supreme confidence in a slow-paced game, and Kobe doesn't enjoy being chained to a scheme like that. They like to run a bit now, but they can't yet run with the Suns -- not enough horses.

The Lakers could certainly make life miserable for the Suns, but I don't think they have enough half-court execution to do what they'd need to do to beat the Suns in a playoff series.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
The Lakers do worry me. You have to give them their due respect.... Their playing great ball without IMO their most important player, Odom. That being said, if we take care of business no one is beating us come playoff time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan