Do the Suns want the Mavs to face the Warriors???

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
Nash/Amare/Marion played 26/26/27 minutes in a 5 points loss.
Do the suns want the Mavs to play the Warriors in PO?

mribnik

Reaction score
I personally don't think it matters either way. Golden State may be able to win 2 home games against the Mavs, but that's it. I'd be surprised if that series went more than 5 games.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think it matters either way. Golden State may be able to win 2 home games against the Mavs, but that's it. I'd be surprised if that series went more than 5 games.

I agree but how sweet would it be if they took em to 7. GS seems to have the Mavs ticket.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree but how sweet would it be if they took em to 7. GS seems to have the Mavs ticket.
I think the series wouldn't go farther than 5 games. I hope that's who the mavs get.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I think after last season's series vs. the Lakers the Suns won't be trying to plan anything with the seedings other then how they do.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think after last season's series vs. the Lakers the Suns won't be trying to plan anything with the seedings other then how they do.
I agree. The west is a tough conference. It seems like all season long the consensus has been that the mavs/suns will be the WCF matchup. but at this point you can't say that will be the case for sure.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The Suns have been consistent lately, -- consistently bad it is. The reason is some lack of purpose and thus concentration. The starting unit lets the opponents offense run wild while not able to outrun them on its own. It's about time that DA rests the starters as much as possible, since it would only change the game outcome for the better as in today's game.

island_dude

Reaction score
Doesn't look like the Suns want any part of the Warriros after last night either. Seriously though, the Mavs or Suns would have no problem with the Warriors in the playoffs. It's just an entirely different animal than the regular season, and I'm betting the Warriors will fold like a cheap lawn chair if they make the playoffs.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash/Amare/Marion played 26/26/27 minutes in a 5 points loss.
Do the suns want the Mavs to play the Warriors in PO?

The warriors were up by 25 when dantoni benched the starters. They came back because the bench decided to play defense and made the game closer. It was the right idea to keep those bench guys in because its how they played that kept the game close.

I dnt think GS will be in the playoffs and if they are going to be in the playoffs they wont last more than 5 games.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The warriors were up by 25 when dantoni benched the starters. They came back because the bench decided to play defense and made the game closer. It was the right idea to keep those bench guys in because its how they played that kept the game close.

I dnt think GS will be in the playoffs and if they are going to be in the playoffs they wont last more than 5 games.
I don't know what to think about g.s. They play like they did against mavs/suns and then they lose 2 or 3 in a row. they lost a big lead to the lakers the other day. They also lost to the current bona fide 8th seed clippers just a few days back. so it very well may be the clippers who get the 8th seed.
As far as the mavs and suns go...I don't think they should panic when it comes down to a 7 game series with g.s. You saw how poorly golden state played in that 4th qtr. despite playing against the reserves.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I would like to see the Mavericks play either GSW or Denver. Although I think they would come out on top either way, I'd like to see them run for 4 or 5 straight games. The fast style of play gives them the most problems, but that's not saying much. The hope is that they'll get a little more tired playing one of those teams.

I'd also like to see them play Utah in the second round. The Jazz are capable of stretching a series out a couple of games. They've also blown out the Mavs this year.

The Suns best chance at winning the WCF (provided they get there) is to hope they close out their opponents in 4 or 5 games, while Dallas takes 6 or 7 games to win their series. Of course, this is much easier said than done. I highly doubt the Suns could close out the Spurs in less than 6 or 7 themselves, if they can at all in a playoff series with both teams healthy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I would like to see the Mavericks play either GSW or Denver. Although I think they would come out on top either way, I'd like to see them run for 4 or 5 straight games. The fast style of play gives them the most problems, but that's not saying much. The hope is that they'll get a little more tired playing one of those teams.

I'd also like to see them play Utah in the second round. The Jazz are capable of stretching a series out a couple of games. They've also blown out the Mavs this year.

The Suns best chance at winning the WCF (provided they get there) is to hope they close out their opponents in 4 or 5 games, while Dallas takes 6 or 7 games to win their series. Of course, this is much easier said than done. I highly doubt the Suns could close out the Spurs in less than 6 or 7 themselves, if they can at all in a playoff series with both teams healthy.
Yes, but in the playoffs i think dallas will dictate the tempo with both of those teams. the team that i fear the most outside of the spurs and the suns is the rockets. Dallas just seems to have all kinds of trouble with that team. I think that series could go 6-7 in the second round. Utah i know gave dallas some trouble early in the season. I don't really know what that matchup would be like. Either way that would be tough for the mavs as well.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
The thing i like about the rockets playing the mavs is that the rockets can play fast and half court basketball. Half court can be run through yao and fast break can be run through tmac, its been that way all year long. I think that kind of versatility will be a good matchup for the mavs

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The thing i like about the rockets playing the mavs is that the rockets can play fast and half court basketball. Half court can be run through yao and fast break can be run through tmac, its been that way all year long. I think that kind of versatility will be a good matchup for the mavs
the rockets make it very difficult for the mavs. Offensively they are streaky. With Yao and McGrady it's very difficult to defend those guys. You have to hope McGrady doesn't catch fire from the perimeter. Like nowitzki does, t-mac is capable of nailing jumpers in your grill from anywhere on the court. Their supporting cast will be the difference. They also play very well defensively against dallas. Overall i think the mavs can speed it up on the rockets. I think the mavs are better in transition than that of the spurs and the rockets.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i agree that the mavs are better in transition, but houston can still handle it to an extent. i think defensively it will be a struggle, as there are players on both sides (dirk,yao,tmac,howard) that are very tough to cover.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
i agree that the mavs are better in transition, but houston can still handle it to an extent. i think defensively it will be a struggle, as there are players on both sides (dirk,yao,tmac,howard) that are very tough to cover.
yeah it will be a half court type game. If the mavs protect the b-ball they shouldn't have much trouble with houston in transition. The mavs could also try and **** the tempo a little more rather than settling for a constant half court drag out. that was how they beat the spurs last year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
its fun to imagine that the Warriors could knock off the Mavs...if it happens (and we somehow get by the Spurs) jackpot!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
its fun to imagine that the Warriors could knock off the Mavs...if it happens (and we somehow get by the Spurs) jackpot!
same for the mavs if the spurs and suns both lose before they make it to the WCF. Highly unlikely.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
You're suggesting that the WCF against either a hot GSW team or Jazz/Rockets would be a breeze. It's those types of situations that give the Suns the most problems. I'd almost rather face the Mavericks, at least you know that focus and motivation wouldn't be an issue.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
same for the mavs if the spurs and suns both lose before they make it to the WCF. Highly unlikely.

yeah, its gonna be dallas/phx or dallas/sa sparing a collapse by one of those 3 teams or a surge by one of the lower seeded teams.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
yeah, its gonna be dallas/phx or dallas/sa sparing a collapse by one of those 3 teams or a surge by one of the lower seeded teams.
either way. The teams that get to the top of the west will have earned their way. the WCF will not be a letdown especially given the way the nba fixed the playoff seeding system.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
either way. The teams that get to the top of the west will have earned their way. the WCF will not be a letdown especially given the way the nba fixed the playoff seeding system.

about now id feel safer with the old system, because wed have number 2 in the bag

Lorenzo

Reaction score
about now id feel safer with the old system, because wed have number 2 in the bag
and i would be pissed. i don't think i can take another series like that with the spurs in the second round. and then have to watch the mavs play the suns with amare. that may be too much.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05