Do you guys agree with Haley?

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
when he told Warner " Dont try to be a hero"?? I read this thing at the Cardinals website. I guess it happened during the heated exchange between them in the NO game.

I think thats the last thing Warner was trying to be. He was trying desperately to make some plays and win. Our D is so bad that it almost requires the offense to score on every possession because the opponents were scoring on every single one. we can blame Kurt all we want for the INTs in the SEA and NO game, but the opponent quarterbacks were completing 85% of their passes against our D.

He has been a huge HERO before (SB win and MVPs) but for Haley to call him to be "not a hero" was a wrong thing. The poor guy was desperate to win because he knows the number of starts he is going to get in this league is very less and he wants to play in the playoffs one last time.

Do you guys agree with me that Haley was out of line with his comments or do you think Kurt tried to be hero sometimes this year??

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Haley was not out of line. Kurt has a tendency to force throws or not take the underneath stuff when it's open, and that has lead to some bad turnovers.

Besides, it doesn't matter what Kurt did with the Rams, as those stats don't help the Cardinals now.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Depends on the context, I guess. Warner has had a habit this season of forcing throws into coverage. Maybe that is what Haley was referring to.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I agree with Haley.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with Haley. Kurt tries to do too much and "be a hero" and that's when he makes the crucial mistakes. INTs into double coverage, etc.

Haley also said on the radio that after that yelling fest, Kurt led the team 86 yards for a TD....he said people read too much into it and that he's going to get in their face and he doesn't mind if they return the favor...he wants passion.

OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
huh

Would the cards have ANY chance to win if we have a QB whose job is to just protect the ball?? like Mr. Kyle Orton did for the Bears?? do we have a good enough to team to win like that??

Heck, the QB three for 400 some yards against SF and we still lost.. we dont have a running game,a secondary or a kicker. So, I guess anyone who tries to make some plays would be accused as trying to be a hero.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Would the cards have ANY chance to win if we have a QB whose job is to just protect the ball?? like Mr. Kyle Orton did for the Bears?? do we have a good enough to team to win like that??

Heck, the QB three for 400 some yards against SF and we still lost.. we dont have a running game,a secondary or a kicker. So, I guess anyone who tries to make some plays would be accused as trying to be a hero.

Sure... But how many turnovers did Kurt have that day? And I'm not saying the D and Rackers don't suck.

OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
hmmm

One INT and one fumble that led to a TD.

Infact, NO had two TOs that led to 14 points too.. but their team was soo much better that the won easily. Also, Brees had 85% completion and their back up RB had more than 100 Yards.

The only QB who makes lots of plays and No INTs this year is Mr.Brady. but he plays behind the best O Line that it looks like he has 5 mins to make every pass this year..

Sure... But how many turnovers did Kurt have that day? And I'm not saying the D and Rackers don't suck.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

more importantly. How many did he have in the game after... ZERO. (last game)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a HUGE difference in trying to do too much and being a caretaker QB.

Haley just wants Kurt to play within himself, and not to take the major risks. Like trying to make something out of nothing on first down. He actually said this on the radio this morning, that sometimes he has to remind Kurt "it's 1st down, early second q...play smart."

"Don't try to be a hero" doesn't mean "don't throw it downfield." It means "think twice before throwing it to the guy with three guys around him..yeah, I know you *can* make the throw, but its far too risky."

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was after the play where he held the ball too long and got hit and fumbled. The flip side of that is that he has also made several big plays this year doing the exact some thing. He's a high risk player, no doubt about it.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
agree 100%. when kurt makes the easy throws and doesn't turn the ball over...we win.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't agree with the timing if it happened during the infamouse shouting match. In my opinion, Warner knows he made a mistake and is probably pissed that he did. Haley piling on when he gets to the sideline with a condescending remark doesn't seem appropriate. Instead of asking what happened or what did you see or what was your read or whatever, he accuses him of trying to be a hero? That does not sound like a good working relationship.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
One INT and one fumble that led to a TD.

Infact, NO had two TOs that led to 14 points too.. but their team was soo much better that the won easily. Also, Brees had 85% completion and their back up RB had more than 100 Yards.

The only QB who makes lots of plays and No INTs this year is Mr.Brady. but he plays behind the best O Line that it looks like he has 5 mins to make every pass this year..

So had he not made those turnovers, the score would have been different. That's the point! Our defense can't hang, so the QB has to be perfect or near it. We can't afford any turnovers.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
In the context of the game, the Cardinals were only down 21-14 at that point. In THAT context I agree with Todd. I don't agree that Kurt and the Cardinals shouldn't be aggressive at times and take calculated risks.

I love Kurt's hanging in there and trying to redeem every single play. Unfortunately that occasionally leads to disastrous results. If and when the ground game improves, the downfield stuff should be there for Kurt and/or Matt.

In short, Todd is right and Kurt is right. Be aggressive, but don't be foolish and throw into the teeth of coverage when it's not there. There are worse things than punting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I could say the same about Grossman is is a turnover machine at times. We can't win that way either.
There is a happy medium. Nobody is going to crank on Warner if he's throwing an interception because we are 17 pts. down in the 4th quarter. However MOST of us have a problem when we are up in the game or within 1 score and he's forcing the ball into a small window.