Do you have a question about the Cardinals? Ask Dave Pasch Here!

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations Dave,

I’m a Diehard Packer fan that lives in Arizona that also follows the Cardinals.

In today’s paper it said “McGinnis thinks his team's mental health is sound enough that it can bounce back against Green Bay this week.”

There will be over 30,000 of us Packer fans chanting “Go Pack Go” at Sun Devil Stadium Sunday. I think it helps fire up the Packers, but do you think that will fire up the Cardinals in an angry sort of way too, or will it have a demoralizing effect, or won‘t it really effect them at all?

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
Dave,

I read somewhere that Coach Mac said that the Cards are going to go with a true 3-4 look more often from here on out. With today's signing of D. Ransom, will that change? Personally, I think we need to take advantage of our speed at LB.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
At the end of the year, ask Graves what duties of being a GM have been the hardest, as well as what lessons has he learned since taking the job.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
There will be over 30,000 of us Packer fans chanting “Go Pack Go” at Sun Devil Stadium Sunday.

I think the 25K Cardinals fans chanting, "Go Back Home" at the end had more fun, but I could be wrong.

Mr. Bidwill sends his thanks for supporting his franchise.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Hi Dave. The defensive line played better in game three but still is not getting much pressure on the QB. Do you see the Card's using more five and six man rushes this week to try and get more pressure?

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snakester
Hi Dave. The defensive line played better in game three but still is not getting much pressure on the QB. Do you see the Card's using more five and six man rushes this week to try and get more pressure?

Snakester,

I would expect more blitzing this week against the Rams. They allowed 11 sacks the first two weeks of the season, and the Cards had success blitzing them last year, when Ray Thompson had 2 sacks in 1 game against them. It's hard to blitz Brett Favre, because if it gets blocked, it's usually a touchdown. Gordon is inexperienced, and so is the fullback, so it might be harder for them to pick up blitzes.

Dave

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metal Militia
Dave,

I read somewhere that Coach Mac said that the Cards are going to go with a true 3-4 look more often from here on out. With today's signing of D. Ransom, will that change? Personally, I think we need to take advantage of our speed at LB.

I don't know of our linebackers are big enough to play a true 3-4 every down, but out of necessity, I think you will see some of it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been saying to Jo it not just the running etc they will miss MF (or us love Emmit) for, it's the blitx pickup & blocking

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

Is there any excuse at all for the failure to adapt tp the defense St. Lou was throwing at us? How's the team feeling today?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
I've been saying to Jo it not just the running etc they will miss MF (or us love Emmit) for, it's the blitx pickup & blocking

What?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dave - The Dallas offense matches up with us in a fashion similar to that of St. Louis. What changes do Mac and Marmie have in mind to stop the power sweep left, improve pass coverage and give the passer less time back there?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
What?
\
translation:

The Rams will miss Marshall Faulk for his blocking during blitzes just as much as his running. Similarly, we love Emmiit not onl;y for his running, but his blitz pick-up.

Sadly, they didn't miss Marshall's blitz pickup.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
\
translation:

The Rams will miss Marshall Faulk for his blocking during blitzes just as much as his running. Similarly, we love Emmiit not onl;y for his running, but his blitz pick-up.

Hey that's pretty good jkf! I was totally stumped but now I see. You should work for the pentagon or something.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
Hey that's pretty good jkf! I was totally stumped but now I see. You should work for the pentagon or something.

shhhhhhhh....there is already an investigation going on to determine who already broke one of my co-workers....errrrr....an agents cover.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
\
translation:

Thats because our blitzes aren't designed to shoot the gaps. Our blitzers seem to get cought up in traffic. They hardley ever get thru cleanly.

Az240z

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why don't we just line up seven or eight on the line of scrimmage and attack? That's waht the Rams did, that's what the great Bears defense did. If we give up the big play so what its not as if we stopping anyone now.

az240z

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Dave, are you still here? Is this thing still on? [taps the microphone] .... [screech feedback]

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Dave, are you still here? Is this thing still on? [taps the microphone] .... [screech feedback]
LoL .. Dave took off and doesnt even want to talk about his team anymore.

If Dave pails, I pail!

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score

I've been pretty busy, but I do try to check the website now and then. I'm happy to answer any questions you have, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of answers for what has gone on the last couple of weeks. You guys are pretty perceptive, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what's been happening. I will say this--there are 11 games to go, and crazier things have happened in this league. There's still time to turn it around, and I know you guys will stay with us!! Hope to see you all Saturday morning at Chandler Christian Church at 8 am.

Dave Pasch

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would it be rude to ask Mac what his plans are for next year? Is he interested in another head coaching job in college or a def coord job in the nfl?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by D Pasch
I will say this--there are 11 games to go, and crazier things have happened in this league. There's still time to turn it around, and I know you guys will stay with us!!
Dave Pasch

I BELIEVE!!!