Do you like Manning?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Do you like Manning

Originally posted by Assface

Krang... here's a Rivers question for you. I've seen mentioned a couple of time that he doesn't have a great arm. What sort of arm strength does he have? Who in the NFL would you compare him to? It doesn't sound like he has a Favre-ish arm but I hope he isn't on par with Plummer or Garcia.

I would say it's adequate. He won't throw any long 70 yard strikes but he could probably throw 50 yards easily. He would be suited for a ball control offense that relies mainly on accuracy.

In terms of leadership, I haven't seen many college QBs that have his type of maturity and poise. Look at his numbers against quality competition this year:

FSU- 28/38, 422 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints

Virginia- 29/34 (85%!), 410 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints

Ohio State- 36/52 (69.2%), 315 yards, 4 TDs, 2 ints

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the kid from Tulane play?As for the best D in the land,it's wearing Scarlet and Gray even though i was very impressed by LSU's defense this past Saturday. My problem with Rivers is that I like a QB that actually throws the ball downfield.Most of his passes are the short,quick variety.I'm not syaing he can't throw it downfield but their offense is the spread and based on the quick timing routes so you can't really tell.Those type of college QB's usually don't pan out in the NFL. I do like their RB Mclendon alot though.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rams4evah
Trade us back the Hammer for Warner. He'd fit in well in Arizona. We will even throw in his wife for free.
Ok, but you have to keep his wife drunk at the bar till he retires.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Re: Hey Snake

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
What time is that game Saturday buddy?

You know I'll be glued to the telly from about noon until 3 (maybe less if Mich blows us out)....it's gonna be tough up there and if Carr loses for the 3rd time in a row to OSU he's history.

It will be at 3:30 our time on a CBS station.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Do you like Manning

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I would say it's adequate. He won't throw any long 70 yard strikes but he could probably throw 50 yards easily. He would be suited for a ball control offense that relies mainly on accuracy.

In terms of leadership, I haven't seen many college QBs that have his type of maturity and poise. Look at his numbers against quality competition this year:

FSU- 28/38, 422 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints

Virginia- 29/34 (85%!), 410 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints

Ohio State- 36/52 (69.2%), 315 yards, 4 TDs, 2 ints

It is his leadership, maturity and poise that impresses. I mean this kid is so grounded. Krang says his arm is adequate and that is probably as good an adjective as any. The keys to me is he is smart with the ball and accurate...oh and the kid is a winner hands down.

He isn't going to remind anyone of Favre with strength of arm but I like the kid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
I do like their RB Mclendon alot though.

IMO, T.A. McClendon is much better than the overhyped Clarrett. He set the national record for most TDs in a high school career, then went to NC State and rushed for over a thousand yards and like 16 TDs.

He is short stocky power runner, but injuries are a concern. If he can stay relatively healthy, he looks like a first rounder.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Do you like Manning

Originally posted by AZCB34
It is his leadership, maturity and poise that impresses. I mean this kid is so grounded. Krang says his arm is adequate and that is probably as good an adjective as any. The keys to me is he is smart with the ball and accurate...oh and the kid is a winner hands down.

He isn't going to remind anyone of Favre with strength of arm but I like the kid.

That's exactly what I think of him. He has more poise than any college QB I've ever seen. It's too bad that NC State's defense sucks this year, because they would be National Championship quality if they had a good defense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
IMO, T.A. McClendon is much better than the overhyped Clarrett. He set the national record for most TDs in a high school career, then went to NC State and rushed for over a thousand yards and like 16 TDs.

He is short stocky power runner, but injuries are a concern. If he can stay relatively healthy, he looks like a first rounder.

Personally, I think Stephen Jackson and Cadillac Williams will be the best RB's in this year's draft. People will be scared by Williams' knee injury last year. But, I believe he's another Jamal Lewis just waiting to happen. Remember, Lewis blew an ACL in college too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Personally, I think Stephen Jackson and Cadillac Williams will be the best RB's in this year's draft. People will be scared by Williams' knee injury last year. But, I believe he's another Jamal Lewis just waiting to happen. Remember, Lewis blew an ACL in college too.

I love Stephen Jackson best player most of the country hasn't seen.

Williams is really good I'm not sure he's as big and fast as Lewis but the first guy just never gets Williams down, he's got that spin like Shipp has he always gets yards.

Jackson is more like Corey Dillon, a big, fast RB who has some swerve and some power.

If Williams were 10 pounds bigger he'd be a top 10 pick because he's so good at making you miss, breaking tackles, and then finishing off the run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan

But McClendon is only a sophomore, so I'm not even thinking of him for this draft.

I agree, Stephen Jackson and Carnell "Cadillac" Williams are very good backs. As far as drafting a back, I've learned my lesson, go with the best from the SEC (when we drafted Jones, we should've drafted Alexander).

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those of us in PHX, the LSU/Ol' Miss game will be on Saturday, Channel 5 at 130p.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Has anyone seen the kid from Tulane play?

I've watched a few of their games. Losman would be my pick for a QB for the Cards since he can be had in the middle of the first round and has very, very good mechanics. He looks like an all-around leader on the field and he shows poise and has a great touch on his passes. Unfortunately, Tulane is a piss-poor team with no defense so watching their games is painful.

I'd say something about OSU's defense but that game against my alma mater last weekend shut me right up. :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05