Dockett and Dansby...all right, NOW I'm p-d o!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
All right, now I'm REALLY mad. I've been quiet lately, mainly because I have mixed emotions (not sure how I feel about the PK thing, I'm happy we got Fitz but not at that kind of a deal, etc). But now, I'm REALLY mad.

I've wanted to lash out about having these holdouts...SECOND and THIRD ROUND holdouts, for God's sake, but I haven't...I've held my tongue...it hasn't been too long, I'd tell myself. No longer. I'm fed up. And I know why I finally lost it.

I'm surfing KFFL and I find that Green still thinks Dockett is the starter, EVEN THOUGH he's missing the time! Uh, HUH!?!?!? Exsqueeze me!?!?!? The kid should, at this time, be buried at the bottom of the depth chart, as should Dansby. You aren't in camp, you aren't the man. I'd say the same for Fitz, but his holdout was pretty small, almost not even a holdout. And sure, if Dockett's play, ONCE HE REPORTS TO TRAINING CAMP, is good enough, then he can be elevated to a starter once more.

At this point, what incentive are we giving Dockett to hurry up and get a deal done? Why aren't the agents and Howdy-Doody talking? What the hell is going on? Is the sky falling? Maybe not yet, but the ceiling's looking a bit low right now.

Thank you for listening to my crazed rant...I will now sign off with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Stout said:
All right, now I'm REALLY mad. I've been quiet lately, mainly because I have mixed emotions (not sure how I feel about the PK thing, I'm happy we got Fitz but not at that kind of a deal, etc). But now, I'm REALLY mad.

I've wanted to lash out about having these holdouts...SECOND and THIRD ROUND holdouts, for God's sake, but I haven't...I've held my tongue...it hasn't been too long, I'd tell myself. No longer. I'm fed up. And I know why I finally lost it.

I'm surfing KFFL and I find that Green still thinks Dockett is the starter, EVEN THOUGH he's missing the time! Uh, HUH!?!?!? Exsqueeze me!?!?!? The kid should, at this time, be buried at the bottom of the depth chart, as should Dansby. You aren't in camp, you aren't the man. I'd say the same for Fitz, but his holdout was pretty small, almost not even a holdout. And sure, if Dockett's play, ONCE HE REPORTS TO TRAINING CAMP, is good enough, then he can be elevated to a starter once more.

At this point, what incentive are we giving Dockett to hurry up and get a deal done? Why aren't the agents and Howdy-Doody talking? What the hell is going on? Is the sky falling? Maybe not yet, but the ceiling's looking a bit low right now.

Thank you for listening to my crazed rant...I will now sign off with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this what you learned in your stage fighting class???

:D

spanky1

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
MJ said he won't be worried unless both are still not in camp by next week.

So MJ won't be worried........that's a relief! (Note: sarcasam)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like the agents are making unreasonable requests.

I mean we got Fitz into camp ok, so it seems unlikely the Cardinals are the hold up. Why would they be reasonable with the 1st rounder and unreasonable with the 2/3 rounders.

Last year they were reasonable with everybody.

seesred

Reaction score
Nothing personal but MJ doesn't play football or coach. The more camp they miss the greater the chance they will lose impact on the field. Of never met a great player who didn't practice great. Rookies no next to nothing about the speed of this game. They must be there to get started understanding the pro game of football where there are 40 guys who all can play, not just the feww who showed up on Saturdays.These guys need to be here now.

GBR

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this internet lingo stuff. What's p-d o?

;)

:subtleBIM:

spanky1

Reaction score
Curious.......are there any other 3rd rounders yet to be signed? Dockett is setting himself up for a fall.

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Rod Graves makes it sound like we're waiting for a response from these two.

Dansby and Dockett's agents are killing them. What, are they holding these players out for that extra 30-40 grand?

Face it, only the top 10 draft picks make the big dough coming out of college. The rest EARN their big payday on the gridiron. The fact that Denny named Dockett the starter already, should have been an incentive for him to be here, working on his next contract, the contract that he makes his millions on, if he gets in camp and learns his job.

Holding out second and third round draft picks is just plain stupid.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just some perspective

From ESPN.com:

Cincinnati Bengals
1. RB Chris Perry (Michigan/No. 26 selection overall): Unsigned
2a. CB Keiwan Ratliff (Florida/No. 49 overall): Unsigned

Cleveland Browns
1. TE Kellen Winslow (Miami/No. 6 selection overall): Unsigned
2. FS Sean Jones (Georgia/No. 59 overall): Unsigned
4. QB Luke McCown (Louisiana Tech/No. 106 overall): Unsigned
5. DT Amon Gordon (Stanford/No. 161 overall): Unsigned
7. RB Adimchinobe Echemandu (California/No. 208 overall): Unsigned

Indianapolis Colts
2. SS Bob Sanders (Iowa/No. 44 selection overall): Unsigned

Jacksonville Jaguars
1. WR Reggie Williams (Washington/No. 9 selection overall): Unsigned

Kansas City Chiefs
7. OT Kevin Sampson (Syracuse/No. 231 overall): Unsigned

Miami Dolphins
4. CB Will Poole (Southern California/No. 102 overall): Unsigned

5. LB/SS Tony Bua (Arkansas/No. 160 overall): Unsigned

6. C Rex Hadnot (Houston/No. 174 overall): Unsigned

7a. OG Tony Pape (Michigan/No. 221 overall): Unsigned

7b. LB Derrick Pope (Alabama/No. 222 overall): Unsigned

New England Patriots
1b. TE Ben Watson (Georgia/No. 32 overall): Unsigned

Oakland Raiders
2. C Jake Grove (Virginia Tech/No. 45 overall): Unsigned

3. SS Stuart Schweigert (Purdue/No. 67 overall): Unsigned

6b. LB Cody Spencer (North Texas/No. 182 overall): Unsigned

7b. LB Andre Sommersell (Colorado State/No. 255 overall): Unsigned

Tennessee Titans
2c. DE Antwan Odom (Alabama/No. 57 overall): Unsigned

Dallas Cowboys
2a. RB Julius Jones (Notre Dame/No. 43 selection overall): Unsigned
2b. OT Jacob Rogers (Southern California/No. 52 overall): Unsigned

3. OG Stephen Peterman (LSU/No. 83 overall): Unsigned

4. CB Bruce Thornton (Georgia/No. 121 overall): Unsigned

Green Bay Packers
1. CB Ahmad Carroll (Arkansas/No. 25 selection overall): Signed

3a. CB Joey Thomas (Montana State/No. 70 overall): Unsigned

3b. DT Donnell Washington (Clemson/No. 72 overall): Unsigned

6. DT Corey Williams (Arkansas State/No. 179 overall): Unsigned

7. C Scott Weis (Tennessee/No. 251 overall): Unsigned

New Orleans Saints
1. DE Will Smith (Ohio State/No. 18 selection overall): Unsigned

2a. WR Devery Henderson (LSU/No. 50 overall): Unsigned

2b. LB Courtney Watson (Notre Dame/No. 60 overall): Unsigned

5a. DT Rodney Leisle (UCLA/No. 139 overall): Unsigned

7. LB Colby Bockwoldt (Brigham Young/No. 240 overall): Unsigned

Philadelphia Eagles
3. FS/CB Matt Ware (UCLA/No. 89 overall): Unsigned

4a. FS J.R. Reed (South Florida/No. 129 overall): Unsigned

4b. OG Troy Darilek (Texas-El Paso/No. 131 overall): Unsigned

Seattle Seahawks
1. DT Marcus Tubbs (Texas/No. 23 selection overall): Unsigned

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. LB Marquis Cooper (Washington/No. 79 overall): Unsigned

4. FS Will Allen (Ohio State/No. 111 overall): Unsigned

5. OG Jeb Terry (North Carolina/No. 146 overall): Unsigned

6. TE Nate Lawrie (Yale/No. 181 overall): Unsigned

7a. WR Mark Jones (Tennessee/No. 206 overall): Unsigned

7b. FB Casey Cramer (Dartmouth/No. 228 overall): Unsigned

That's a lot of players. It's not like the Cards are all alone on this one. Camp just started. Let's get our fingers off the "panic" button.

spanky1

Reaction score
k9;

This list is way out of date. Off the top of my head Carroll; Reggie Washington, Sean Jiones, Will Smith are all sighned.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
From ESPN.com:

That's a lot of players. It's not like the Cards are all alone on this one. Camp just started. Let's get our fingers off the "panic" button.
:shocker:

I've never seen that many late round hold outs before. That's just crazy. These kids are really hurting their careers by missing training camp.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
k9;

This list is way out of date. Off the top of my head Carroll; Reggie Washington, Sean Jiones, Will Smith are all sighned.

:shrug:

The list was apparently updated yesterday. It had Phillip Rivers listed as being "signed", and Nick Lechey as being "unsigned." Even if the list is only 50% correct, it's still a long list. It's not like the Cards are the only team with some loose ends to tie up in the "Rookie Signing" department.

spanky1

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
:shrug:

The list was apparently updated yesterday. It had Phillip Rivers listed as being "signed", and Nick Lechey as being "unsigned." Even if the list is only 50% correct, it's still a long list. It's not like the Cards are the only team with some loose ends to tie up in the "Rookie Signing" department.

Hear hear

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the past, before last year, I'd beleive the Cards were in the wrong and were lowballing. With Green and Graves both saying the offers are competitive, I believe that is the case. With the way they stepped it up on the first round picks the last two years I think they've proven they will give fair deals. And, the Postons and Rosenhaus are notorious agents.

Green clearly fired a shot across Dansby's bow today. I bet he got his attention.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
In response to those blaming the agents, I offer you this:

If YOU were the agent of a guy drafted in a lower round, and saw the team sign higher draft picks to larger-than-ordinary contracts, would YOU be the one to accept the status quo, or would YOU want to get your guy a bigger contract too? IMO, Graves has taken a hard stance against these two guys, and won't talk of more than slotting, and the agents are pointing to Fitz's contract and crying foul. Not a good scenario.

Is it our fault, if this is the case? IF it is the case, then yes. I'm elated that we signed Fitz, but I worry about the impact it will have on the other two guys.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm new to this internet lingo stuff. What's p-d o?

;)

:subtleBIM:

Ah, I wondered if anyone would notice. I get pi$$ed off when I see po-ed, because that would literally be pi$$ offed...p-d o is a little more representative, to me... :D

Same thing with TGIF Day...wow, it's Thank Goodness It's Friday...er, Day Lol

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
The Postons are reportedly taking the "Winslow was rated equal to the guys 1-3 and it was only due to need picks ahead of him that he lasted till his spot, therefore, he deserves something higher than #4 slotted money" approach with the Browns--

it wouldnt surprise me if they are applying the same thinking to Dansby.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
In response to those blaming the agents, I offer you this:

If YOU were the agent of a guy drafted in a lower round, and saw the team sign higher draft picks to larger-than-ordinary contracts, would YOU be the one to accept the status quo, or would YOU want to get your guy a bigger contract too? IMO, Graves has taken a hard stance against these two guys, and won't talk of more than slotting, and the agents are pointing to Fitz's contract and crying foul. Not a good scenario.

Is it our fault, if this is the case? IF it is the case, then yes. I'm elated that we signed Fitz, but I worry about the impact it will have on the other two guys.

There is nothing wrong with your point. It is a valid point of view.

The Cardinals, however, have done bells-and-whistles to juice the slot numbers for first round picks the last two years and a few times before that (Davis, Wads). The Cards have never done that for any of the later picks, to my knowledge. I understand the agents wanting the Cards to set new precedents with their guys. I understand them wanting the most possible money for their clients. I also believe the Cards should not break that precedent.

I think a slot contract is fair, not foul. If they hold the line this year with the Postons and Rosenhaus, some of the toughest in the business, then basically any agent who comes along in rounds 2-7 from now on knows the deal. If they fold to these guys, then they open up a can of worms that will certainly screw the cap up for marginal players. Because, let's say they break for Dockett. We draft a guy in rd. 4 next year who was a great value. Why would they not hold out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05