Dockett

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a beast today....

Dockett was severely disappointing today. he certainly cant be qualified as a beast...

I just rewatched the entire game. He blew a sure sack when he had a full wrap up of Wilson. He blew another important tackle of Lynch. I get that those guys are elusive and tough to bring down. but when you are DD with multiple PB's, that salary and reputation?? you gotta make the play! He gets a thumbs down from me today!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a nice stop on Lynch at the 4 on Seattle's last first down play! Whew!

...dave

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dockett was severely disappointing today. he certainly cant be qualified as a beast...

I just rewatched the entire game. He blew a sure sack when he had a full wrap up of Wilson. He blew another important tackle of Lynch. I get that those guys are elusive and tough to bring down. but when you are DD with multiple PB's, that salary and reputation?? you gotta make the play! He gets a thumbs down from me today!

Dockett was a beast yesterday.. He was containing Wilson.. Freeing up others to penetrate. 5 total tackles..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I will say this...watch the run of Lynch inside the 5 when the 4th timeout occurred...if DD doesn't make that tackle we lose as he basically walks into the end zone for a TD.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dockett was a beast yesterday.. He was containing Wilson.. Freeing up others to penetrate. 5 total tackles..

I will say this...watch the run of Lynch inside the 5 when the 4th timeout occurred...if DD doesn't make that tackle we lose as he basically walks into the end zone for a TD.

Anything you say about DD gee is null and void you like him to much ;)

Bucky you mean he made a tackle he should of made? Well halleluja!

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He could hardly stand up between plays on that last drive. Didn't know if he was injured or just that spent. Dan Williams looked less winded. Where do you get stats like total snaps played in a game?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

You are focusing too much on the plays he didn't make today and not enough on the plays he did make. He created good penetration all game and didn't give Wilson time to stand in the pocket on several plays, and held his assignment and made a play after it broke down on a few others (Whiz alluded to it in his post-game radio interview --- if Dockett would have come running in after a play broke down chances are Wilson could have broken it for a huge game -- instead, he held his position/gap and held him to a modest gain). I'd bet if you go back and watch the tape with a coaches eye, you'll see he did exactly the right thing and was right where he was supposed to be on almost every play. You do that enough time in this league, the plays will be made.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I thought Dockett was all over the place. Lynch makes everyone miss tackle.

Reaction score
He blew a sure sack when he had a full wrap up of Wilson.
You are going to see a whole lot more of QB's escaping should be sacks due to the way they are going to not only enforce penalties for hits on QB's but more importantly fines.

Can't hit 'em high, can't hit 'em low, so just grab 'em and hope to hang on. - Knute Rockne

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anything you say about DD gee is null and void you like him to much ;)

Bucky you mean he made a tackle he should of made? Well halleluja!

I wonder if Ravens fans bag on Ray Lewis when he stuffs guys inside the 5 yard line?

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You doubters do understand that he's not supposed to be the electrifying playmaker anymore in this D, right? Dockett has done a great job in his less-individual-stat-friendly position. Still busts his ass, still is a great leader, teammate, and person. I thought he played very well. Still had room for improvement, but overall played pretty damn good

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You doubters do understand that he's not supposed to be the electrifying playmaker anymore in this D, right? Dockett has done a great job in his less-individual-stat-friendly position. Still busts his ass, still is a great leader, teammate, and person. I thought he played very well. Still had room for improvement, but overall played pretty damn good

:iwin:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Our linebackers suddenly look great and are making a bunch of tackles. I wonder why? Oh I know. Dockett, Big Dan, and Calais and their subs are disrupting at the line of scrimmage freeing up those LBs to make plays. And for once we actually have LBs who can take advantage of that kind of front line mayhem.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nobodys doubting anything. Im just stating facts! DD blatantly missed a surefire sack when he had his arms around a kid that is 5'10" 200lbs... DD is 6'4 295 and built like a freaking tank. Regardless of what his new "job" is he was in a position to make a huge play and failed miserably! A guy of his rep, size, Pro Bowls and paycheck should NEVER blow such an easy play. Nor should he not tackle Mr. Skittles when he has him fully wrapped up! No more or less.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Ravens fans bag on Ray Lewis when he stuffs guys inside the 5 yard line?

Darnell didn't STUFF anyone. He made a shoe string tackle ;)

Thank god he did because he was whiffing like a girl earlier in the game!

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobodys doubting anything. Im just stating facts! DD blatantly missed a surefire sack when he had his arms around a kid that is 5'10" 200lbs... DD is 6'4 295 and built like a freaking tank. Regardless of what his new "job" is he was in a position to make a huge play and failed miserably! A guy of his rep, size, Pro Bowls and paycheck should NEVER blow such an easy play. Nor should he not tackle Mr. Skittles when he has him fully wrapped up! No more or less.
that kid is supposed to be pretty tough. I don't remember Dockett's blown sack, but as I said, he's not even supposed to be able to get there anymore, he occupies the line. The fact that he even got there and rushed the QB is an accomplishment in itself

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Darnell didn't STUFF anyone. He made a shoe string tackle ;)

Thank god he did because he was whiffing like a girl earlier in the game!

That is without a doubt the most ridiculous post you've ever made on ASFN. Whiffing like a girl? Like you could have made those tackles? You'd have been blown 15 yards off the los on every play. Give me a break.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is without a doubt the most ridiculous post you've ever made on ASFN. Whiffing like a girl? Like you could have made those tackles? You'd have been blown 15 yards off the los on every play. Give me a break.

Yup when he has Russell Freaking Wilson in a damn near full bear hug completely wrapped up and lets him get away? Yea He is tackling like a girl! ;)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Tell him Texan! I beginning to think DD is the only person in the history of the NFL to miss a tackle. :D

DD played nowhere near as bad as Shane is saying IMO, but I've exaggerated before in my life once.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Tell him Texan! I beginning to think DD is the only person in the history of the NFL to miss a tackle. :D

DD played nowhere near as bad as Shane is saying IMO, but I've exaggerated before in my life once.

Texans never exaggerate. We just state the facts.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd think Shane would love Dockett.. After all Dockett is opening it up for his man crush Washington to do his thing..

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Hey check it out. Once again Shane is wrong. :)

Dockett was a beast.

Sorry you don't know football. Maybe at camp you should have been watching the field instead of throwing rocks at me! :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd think Shane would love Dockett.. After all Dockett is opening it up for his man crush Washington to do his thing..

I love DD. But when he fails Ill call him out just like I have Fitz at times and many others. HE had two big plays yesterday that he should have made. END OF STORY! ;)