Draft Day Trade Thread

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It is strange days when you have more faith in the Cards to make the right moves than the Suns.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Come on, are you kidding? For the right price, I don't see how anyone could be against it.

whats the right price? more than 3.1 million per year at least. what has he done to earn a penny more than that by hitting no pressure shots in portland.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
whats the right price? more than 3.1 million per year at least. what has he done to earn a penny more than that by hitting no pressure shots in portland.

You don't bring James freaking Jones in to hit "pressure shots". You bring him in to spread the defense and open the floor for Nash and Amare. We have plenty of guys that can make pressure shots.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
absolutley hilarious how everyone is jumping back on the james jones boat. no thanks!

Suns needs..............Skills James Jones has
3 point shooting...........check
Back up SF..................check
Perimeter Defense.......check
low salary..................check (possibly)

Whats the downside here?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought James Jones was a waste of space his last year in Phoenix, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. His performance in Portland changed my mind about him and I'd welcome him back.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You don't bring James freaking Jones in to hit "pressure shots". You bring him in to spread the defense and open the floor for Nash and Amare. We have plenty of guys that can make pressure shots.

it wasnt just pressure shots he couldnt hit, it was everything else... how do you go from shooting 38 and 37% on a spread offense like the suns where you get more open looks than there are stars in the sky, to 44% on a halfcourt team like the blazers.

i dunno maybe hes turned a corner.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

barbs for sasha and the 19? where's elindholm, i need to vomit again!

barbs for 11 and foster, eh. the 11 would be nice, but foster is just okay. i don't think he'll be that veteran presence that pushes us over the edge. and the thought of having two first round picks in this draft and only walking away with brandon rush and robin lopez disturbs me.

in essence, we would have traded joe johnson and leandro barbosa for diaw, foster, rush, lopez, and the ability to get out from underneath brian grant's contract? that just doesn't look like a good trade on any level.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
barbs for sasha and the 19? where's elindholm, i need to vomit again!

LOL, welcome to my new signature!

barbs for 11 and foster, eh. the 11 would be nice, but foster is just okay.

I'm into that deal. Foster is really pretty good when he's healthy; he would be more than an adequate backup to O'Neal, or even starter when O'Neal is hurt -- the same role he's been playing for the other O'Neal the last few years. If the Suns get a player they are convinced by at 11, that's a good deal for them.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I happen to agree. Foster is very serviceable; a very good rebounder. And with 11 and 15 the Suns could get Rush for sure, with the possibility of someone like Bayless falling to them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL, welcome to my new signature!

I'm into that deal. Foster is really pretty good when he's healthy; he would be more than an adequate backup to O'Neal, or even starter when O'Neal is hurt -- the same role he's been playing for the other O'Neal the last few years. If the Suns get a player they are convinced by at 11, that's a good deal for them.

does foster have any offensive game (6.4pts last year and 5pts for career)? i really don't remember him being an offensive threat at all. it worries me that two bigs will be able to camp in the paint and dare amare to come inside. he's also a terrible FT shooter (.611 career and .598 last year) and no blocks (.4)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
does foster have any offensive game (6.4pts last year and 5pts for career)? i really don't remember him being an offensive threat at all. it worries me that two bigs will be able to camp in the paint and dare amare to come inside. he's also a terrible FT shooter (.611 career and .598 last year) and no blocks (.4)

He gets most of his points through his hustle such as put backs. He's what you'd want in a backup but not a starter.

I'm just wondering if we are getting Foster, what's the point in getting Lopez who basically has the same game? If we are doing this to get Augusitine (and hopefully getting Rush at 15) then I'm all for it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He gets most of his points through his hustle such as put backs. He's what you'd want in a backup but not a starter.

I'm just wondering if we are getting Foster, what's the point in getting Lopez who basically has the same game? If we are doing this to get Augusitine (and hopefully getting Rush at 15) then I'm all for it

that's a little more interesting, though getting the undersized pg of the future scares me. you're basically locking in a bad mismatch on defense for your future game in and game out, automatically.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
I will be so pissed if we draft Lopez. Thats if he's our only first rounder. If we get another first round pick, then that wont be as terrible, but still horrible. No Lopez please.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I think that if you have a well-coached, team defensive concept that a small PG can be worked around. For instance, I'd consider both Tony Parker and Rondo small physically but because their teams play good team defense, it works.

I'm not saying I believe in Augustine, but I wouldn't let size be the deciding factor.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
that's a little more interesting, though getting the undersized pg of the future scares me. you're basically locking in a bad mismatch on defense for your future game in and game out, automatically.

True but aren't we already used to defensive mismatches at the PG position?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to Gambo and Ash on KTAR radio. They have come as close to saying the Suns will draft Robin Lopez as possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake