Dumb Coach Whiz!!! Stand up for once and be accountable!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Still this is a better team than it was last year, and I'm hopefull for next year.

I don't buy into that at all. This year's team is about the same as last year's team. Make the same mistakes etc. Just had an easier schedule and didn't have a rookie QB starting a good portion of the season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, you drive me crazy with your "glass if half-full" posts.

Reading your post, I almost want to go give Wiz a hug, and whisper in his ear that I support him. God bless you for your positive outlook. I mean that. You are a better man than I for sticking with the positive program. Good for you.

Myself, I'll pop another shot of Patron (my last one for the evening) and start looking forward to the draft. So, as I lift my glass, I hope the teams in our vicinity of wins and losses run the table and allow us a better slot in the draft.

Salud.

Uhm, I take it you haven't been reading my posts. I am anything but positive recently.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't buy into that at all. This year's team is about the same as last year's team. Make the same mistakes etc. Just had an easier schedule and didn't have a rookie QB starting a good portion of the season.

I won't argue the point Duckjake, but I'm still hopeful.

Edge still has one good year left in him. If we have a good off-season, I think we'll get after some teams next year.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Man, you have a right to state your opinion but uh? could ya' clean the language up just a little bit dude if you know what I mean :)

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where the hell is all this "dribble" ?

I have every game recorded, and I re-watch looking for all this dribble on our head coach's mouth, and on the field that people keep posting about, to no avail.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then. I stand corrected.

Now let's just move up in the draft and take McFadden.

I would cry tears of joy if that happened. I personally like (and liked)McFadden better than Adrian Peterson. Although All Day and Run DMC are both kind of boring nicknames.

No way in hell it happens though.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have to agree with the original post. This was a poorly coached team today and the staff made bad decision after bad decision. I know the Cards are playing shorthanded but Whiz definitely made some head scratching calls today.

I think I saw one of the really smart plays of the year in the Dallas game yesterday. Philly was leading by 4 points and had the ball with around 2 minutes and 30 seconds or so to go in the game. The Philly runner Westbrook broke through the line and made about a 30 yard run and stopped at the one yard line and took a knee to the ground. Had he scored it would have given Philly a 10 point lead (2 scores) with 2 minutes to go. My first reaction was Westbrook (the runner) had lost his mind. I had not stopped to think they could now run the clock out by taking four straight snaps and take a knee. The coach of Philly did not call that play as he looked astounded. Westbrook could not have known just how much time the play would take when he came out of the huddle so he likely would not have pre-planned it unless he counted on running 30 yards + in the open. He must have figured it out as he approached the goal line and had a look at the time clock. One might say by taking four snaps you were taking a big risk. More so than giving the ball to Dallas on a kickoff with a possible big play and then have time for an onside-kick??? I like the way Westbrook thought! He must have been thinking so that is good in itself at such a point in the game. Aside from all that Westbrook is one hell of a runner.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you are that bored to read the post and then post this moron reply....You have issues....It is called being a fan!!! And getting pissed when the same dribble is forced fed to us every week. It is reactions like yours that makes us 6-8 and the Same ol Cards....You and Whiz both shrug your stupid shoulders and go eat cake....If you or Whiz had any Heart...you would be MAD...Damn mad..and fix it!!!!! So unless you have some better response...don't read my posts!!

DRIVEL... DRIVEL... DRIVEL

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Runyan told him to do it before the play

I think I saw one of the really smart plays of the year in the Dallas game yesterday. Philly was leading by 4 points and had the ball with around 2 minutes and 30 seconds or so to go in the game. The Philly runner Westbrook broke through the line and made about a 30 yard run and stopped at the one yard line and took a knee to the ground. Had he scored it would have given Philly a 10 point lead (2 scores) with 2 minutes to go. [....]

The coach of Philly did not call that play as he looked astounded. Westbrook could not have known just how much time the play would take when he came out of the huddle so he likely would not have pre-planned it unless he counted on running 30 yards + in the open. He must have figured it out as he approached the goal line and had a look at the time clock. [....]

I like the way Westbrook thought! He must have been thinking so that is good in itself at such a point in the game. Aside from all that Westbrook is one hell of a runner.

Agreed, it was a smart and unselfish move. I've seen several other players in similar situations go in for the score. Apparently it was Jon Runyan who told him before the play that if he got to the 1-yard line he should take a knee:

You can debate the strategy - who could possibly calculate the odds of botching three kneel-downs and giving up a score vs. the odds of blowing an 11-point lead with 2 minutes to play? - but you cannot debate that Westbrook gave up a touchdown there and did it as an act of unselfishness.

What we found out later was that he had a little help in the decision-making from right tackle Jon Runyan.

"I just want to help this team win - and I got a stern talking-to by Jon Runyan right before that play," Westbrook said.

"He said, 'Listen, if you get down to the 1, take a knee.' I was like, 'Ahhh . . . ' He said, 'Take a knee, Westbrook, take a knee.' "

Then, during the play, Westbrook said: "I looked back and I saw all 6-7 or 6-8 of him running toward me saying, 'Get down.' So I got down . . . Runyan, he's our offensive leader out there. He's a coach. So he helped me out a little bit there."

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flea-flicker end-around call to Breaston was brilliant! Breaston had 3 blockers inside, with no Saint between him and the end zone and instead he chose to go wide, directly into the only tackler on that side of the field.

The coach draws it up, the players need to make it work.

Reaction score
LOL....why does it bother you...DON'T READ IT...Jesus you guys that bash us fans who get mad...Makes no sense!!!!! What do you do when the Cards play??? Clap and smile and say" Gosh darn....we sure will get him next time....Say Beav...had me another ICE Tea" ....This is the NFL...which means Not For Long...So Whiz doesn't have much time to fix this!
It's not what your saying, but the delivery that makes your posts annoying! We are all Cardinals fans and want to see the Cardinals win.

So I suggest that you alter your delivery and your posts will be much more well received and you a more respected poster.

Or you can continue to seem to be immature and petulant (not saying that you are, just commenting upon your writing style) in which case you likely won't be posting here for long.

Your choice.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The flea-flicker end-around call to Breaston was brilliant! Breaston had 3 blockers inside, with no Saint between him and the end zone and instead he chose to go wide, directly into the only tackler on that side of the field.

The coach draws it up, the players need to make it work.

Other teams spot players that do not have the smarts to cut it on the field and make changes. We seem to play them year in and year out. The fact that Barr was cut astounded me and was a good omen. My bet is we do not see a timely cut like that in 3 or 4 more years.

Not that I think Breaston should be cut. Good returner. But a coach who knows what he is doing doesnt put a player that cant run to the open on the field.

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not what your saying, but the delivery that makes your posts annoying! We are all Cardinals fans and want to see the Cardinals win.

So I suggest that you alter your delivery and your posts will be much more well received and you a more respected poster.

Or you can continue to seem to be immature and petulant (not saying that you are, just commenting upon your writing style) in which case you likely won't be posting here for long.

Your choice.

What are you talking about? It may be senseless anger sometimes but my DELIVERY is funny. You have your opinion, but to try and lump me in with a teenager is ridiculous. I have been a fan for over 30 years and I make perfect sense when you take it as a instaneous rant after ANOTHER blown game. If you would like to critique my posts, please show me your English Degree....Until then....I don't give a d*** what yout think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh and my posts may seem annoying to you....But they get people talking and thinking. Proof is you read it and posted (Annoyingly) but you posted. But if you also notice....Quite a few people have posted to a few of my threads.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What are you talking about? It may be senseless anger sometimes but my DELIVERY is funny. You have your opinion, but to try and lump me in with a teenager is ridiculous. I have been a fan for over 30 years and I make perfect sense when you take it as a instaneous rant after ANOTHER blown game. If you would like to critique my posts, please show me your English Degree....Until then....I don't give a Damn what yout think.

You may think it's funny, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) I doubt the majority of the board does. Try and control yourself and post without swearing. It isn't that difficult, and is an explicit request of the owner of the site. His house, his rules. If you really have been a fan for 30 years I am shocked you are still freaking out over this team losing. You should have been immune to it a long time ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You may think it's funny, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) I doubt the majority of the board does. Try and control yourself and post without swearing. It isn't that difficult, and is an explicit request of the owner of the site. His house, his rules. If you really have been a fan for 30 years I am shocked you are still freaking out over this team losing. You should have been immune to it a long time ago.

First off, I edited the orignal post and took out the swearing. 2nd, I get suckered in thinking that we will break out again and make the playoffs. In 1998 I wouldn't believe it and I really didn't get to cheer and enjoy it till the last game. We are so close and now we beat really good teams, and lose to the bad ones. In 98 we beat everyone who we should have, and lost to the good ones. Oh well. To each their own. I'll leave out the swearing, but I AM SURE you have heard worse. And you must not hang around THE GUYS during the game.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
First off, I edited the orignal post and took out the swearing. 2nd, I get suckered in thinking that we will break out again and make the playoffs. In 1998 I wouldn't believe it and I really didn't get to cheer and enjoy it till the last game. We are so close and now we beat really good teams, and lose to the bad ones. In 98 we beat everyone who we should have, and lost to the good ones. Oh well. To each their own. I'll leave out the swearing, but I AM SURE you have heard worse. And you must not hang around THE GUYS during the game.

You can come up with any reasons you want for not controlling yourself, act like an adult. Of course I've heard worse, but what is your point? Trash like that ruins message boards and is explicitly banned from the site. Learn to control yourself and respect the owner of the board, this isn't a locker room and there are kids that read the board.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
You can come up with any reasons you want for not controlling yourself, act like an adult. Of course I've heard worse, but what is your point? Trash like that ruins message boards and is explicitly banned from the site. Learn to control yourself and respect the owner of the board, this isn't a locker room and there are kids that read the board.

:yeahthat:

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Man...You know what...When you get the Medal for protecting our youth...I'll will RESPECT you more. I definately don't need your Martha Stewart Slap on my wrists because you don't like my post. I TOLD YOU I ERASED THE SWEARING and apologized. But you are ridiculous trying to come across as some Ward Cleaver or Head of your local church person and berate me again!?!. Dude you have issues, if you come to this board and ridicule every bad word, negative connotation. Nor do you have to act like I am the downfall of our children. I am Definately old enough not to be berated MORE than ONCE by you. Don't read my posts. Like I said I apologized once...You want any more....well....I will not print my reply!