Edge James to visit Saturday

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Jay Glazer of Espn reported on Bickley and MJs show that the Edge will visit the Cardinals on Saturday with his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Smokescreen??? Or big time interest??? Going to be a big weekend.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
James To Visit Cards on Saturday!

Per Jay Glazer, Edge is scheduled to meet with the Cards this weekend along with agent Drew Rosenhaus...

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
Jay Glazer: Cards have scheduled meeting with Edge

Listening to Jay Glazer on Jurecki's and Bickley's show. According to Glazer, the Cards have scheduled a meeting with Edge and Rosenhaus for Saturday. Really goes against what we've been hearing out of the Cards front office, so color me confused. Just passing on the info.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
sr7706 said:
Per Jay Glazer, Edge is scheduled to meet with the Cards this weekend along with agent Drew Rosenhaus...

:eek:

Those Rascally Cardinals. They have been telling us lies all lies.

I think they read this message board and saw things were getting a little boring so they cuased a fire storm with their comments just to get things heated in here for their amusement.

When they said the new expanded cap space also expanded are FA list they werent kidding.

Now dont let him leave town.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Hot News .... E. James Coming To Visit The Cards On Saturday

Per Jay Glazer on the Bickley and Jurecki show, Edgerrin James along with Drew Rosenhaus will visit with the Cardinals on Saturday. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is nothing new! Someone uses us as bargaining chip every year to fatten up their contract offers. SIGN HIM then I will be impressed.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the plans have changed now that with the new CBA deal in place, our "pie" has grown in size. Green said he would not do a blockbuster deal that took up all the cap space. But with all the addiitonal room, a player like James could be fit into the budget, with room still left over.

I hate to get my hopes up, but who knows?

The Shark

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Someone needs to combine these since everyone trys to start the same thread!

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
:eek:

Those Rascally Cardinals. They have been telling us lies all lies.

I think they read this message board and saw things were getting a little boring so they cuased a fire storm with their comments just to get things heated in here for their amusement.

When they said the new expanded cap space also expanded are FA list they werent kidding.

Now dont let him leave town.

i second that motion

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
This is nothing new! Someone uses us as bargaining chip every year to fatten up their contract offers. SIGN HIM then I will be impressed.

But they never make us their first visit.

It is usually visit team A get an offer from them then visit the Cards to get a better offer then go back to team A with new offer in hand.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amen Joe!

DO NOT let him leave town without a contract being a done deal!

I really think Edge would be perfect for the Cardinals. It would make Warner so much more effective to have him in the backfield.

Film at eleven....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
But they never make us their first visit.

It is usually visit team A get an offer from them then visit the Cards to get a better offer then go back to team A with new offer in hand.

Doesn't he already have an offer from the Colts? I agree though it is unusual for a guy to visit us this early in the process.

Maybe he thinks we have the money to give him a big offer that he can then shop elsewhere?

DKCards

Reaction score
Why wait till Saturday. I say bring him in Friday night.....

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Doesn't he already have an offer from the Colts? I agree though it is unusual for a guy to visit us this early in the process.

Maybe he thinks we have the money to give him a big offer that he can then shop elsewhere?
I think if your bringing him in you give him a Shaun Alexander type contract and serve notice that we will be the team to beat in the NFC WEST. We have the cap space so don't let the guy leave town.

Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
It would be agreat idea if we knew when he was going to meet at the Tempe complex that a bunch of us go down and let him know how much we would love to have him here in RED!

GBR

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not the kind of guy to like throwing a ton of "pie" around.....but boy oh boy, man I'd be really tempted to get in a bidding war over this guy.

I know he's got a history of knee problems, but dude keeps bouncing back strong. He seems perfect for our offense. Could easily carry 25 times a game, and the big thing is he can pick up the blitz....and can get some receptions out of the backfield.

Not going to get my hopes up this year though......just would be a HUGE HUGE signing. And the fact that he basically told us he'd like to come out here, and so early...........hold up, not going to get my hopes up.

:excited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yo, Edge - in case you're trolling the www to read what fans are saying -

Come to AZ. New stadium, warm weather and hungry fans who will accept you like family.

That plus the bling.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rats said:
I think if your bring him in you give him a Shaun Alexander type contract and serve notice that we will be the team to beat in the NFC WEST. We have the cap space so don't let the guy leave town.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I have no problem giving this guy Alexander money.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

No he doesnt have an offer from them.

The Colts still have to cut about 4 more Mill off of their cap by tonight even after their restructures.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
I think if your bringing him in you give him a Shaun Alexander type contract and serve notice that we will be the team to beat in the NFC WEST. We have the cap space so don't let the guy leave town.

Whats funny is even with SA contract, his total cap hit only went up 167,000 for this coming season. :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Whats funny is even with SA contract, his total cap hit only went up 167,000 for this coming season. :thumbup:

Either this was in the plan the whole time. Or now that they have 7.5 Mill more to spend signing Edge still wont mess with their original FA plan.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
:thumbup:
NEZCardsfan said:
:thumbup::thumbup:

I have no problem giving this guy Alexander money.
:thumbup: Exactly....the kind of splash we need going into the new stadium. The Cardinals should have no problem making a Alexander type offer to Edge. He is as good a fit for our type of offense as any RB on the market. If the Cardinals want to sell out the stadium this season...sign EDGE!!!

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well EDGE i beleive would unlike emmitt provide them with a solid starting RB, and that WOULD sell tickets!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05