Edge James to visit Saturday

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps the plans have changed now that with the new CBA deal in place, our "pie" has grown in size.
Correctimondo. Do the math:

1. We have more money.

2. We wanted to sign a bunch of "B" athletes.

3. But the supply of all athletes has shrunk.

4. Ergo there figures to be fewer "B" athletes and we still have more money to presumably sign one or more "A" athletes who've remained available.

Makes sense to me.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rats said:
:thumbup:
:thumbup: Exactly....the kind of splash we need going into the new stadium. The Cardinals should have no problem making a Alexander type offer to Edge. He is as good a fit for our type of offense as any RB on the market. If the Cardinals want to sell out the stadium this season...sign EDGE!!!

Even if they can't sign this guy......to me it is a huge message to the fans. How many times in the past did we seriously go after huge name FAs??

You could sign Edge....and still bring in Mitchell and Neal.......draft Mangold.....Loney can coach up BIG and Brown......maybe a reason to get excited again.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If James signs here I'll seriously think about growing dreads. Maybe even ripping my front teeth out and getting some gold fronts. :thumbup:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if edgejerrin james signed with the cardinals, the stadium would be sold out for a long time.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I heard Jay on the radio as well, I think it's important to note the Cards asked James to come out and "...to bring their agent with him." Implying they'd like to make an offer. We'll see...

seesred

Reaction score
Another good news story if we sign the Edge, our draft stratagy will change and we can upgrade with the number ten in many different ways other than using it on a RB.

GBR

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have to sell him! Boldin and Fitz Warner all should be there for some reason athletes respond well to having players recruit them so to speak GET HIM SIGNED and everything else this offseason go OL and I agree frees up the #10 spot to draft whoever we want.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
drew and the cardinals have good dealings don't they?

Boldin.

Also, I think Drew is going to come off the "shark" thing a little, he's got a lot of repairing to do to his reputation after the TO thing.

If we offer SA money......no reason that tomorrow night we aren't celebrating our first ever Franchise Back in AZ.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Rats said:
Jay Glazer of Espn reported on Bickley and MJs show that the Edge will visit the Cardinals on Saturday with his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Smokescreen??? Or big time interest??? Going to be a big weekend.
Yeah CARDINALS!!!! I am officially no longer pissed at the CARDS!!!:thewave:

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
ESPN just quoted the Colts owner as saying it's 50/50 that they'll be able to sign Edge to a new contract. He'll test the market first.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
nidan said:
Actaully admiting that maybe you were over reacting at first ??
NO, I was basing my anger on the reports coming out of G&G saying not to expect people like Edge to be sought by the them...

Now, I am happy because they reversed course.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Boldin.

If we offer SA money......no reason that tomorrow night we aren't celebrating our first ever Franchise Back in AZ.
This is the Celebration all of us want to be having this time of year....Then we want to celebrate a Super Bowl in the near future....Signings like this could make this happen.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here is just a little comparison about how bad our RB situation has been since coming to the Desert.

In 2002 Edge was coming off of an ACL injury........he still rushed for 989 yards.

Put that in perspective to our franchise:

1995-Hearst--1070 yards
1998-Murrell--1042
1993-Moore--1018
*2002-Edge--989*
2004-Smith--937

In his worst season....he's in our Top 5. Sign him.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they didn't change course, it seems far more likely this was thier plan all along.

Rod Graves doesn't strike me as the type to suddenly change course, I get the impression that he is the calm and steady type. If so then he was planning this all along. he just didn't tell us.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
nidan said:
Maybe they didn't change course, it seems far more likely this was thier plan all along.

Rod Graves doesn't strike me as the type to suddenly change course, I get the impression that he is the calm and steady type. If so then he was planning this all along. he just didn't tell us.

Seems far more likely that they did change course, Graves may not seem like a man that changes course but then again he has never had 7.5 mill. more bones to change his mind has he.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay a premium. Do whatever it takes to get a premier player in a Cardinals jersey.

A-Bomb

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardShark said:
ESPN just quoted the Colts owner as saying it's 50/50 that they'll be able to sign Edge to a new contract. He'll test the market first.

That to me that says the Colts told Edge to go find a deal and let them know what it is before he signs it. The Cards will just be a bargaining chip so that Edge can squeeze the most money possible from the Colts.

I'd be stoked if is was wrong!

Last edited:

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect would he had a plan for both contingencies.

This also assumes that he didn't intend to bring EJ in both plans, which we do not know to be a fact.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are just a bargaining chip, but if we don't play we can't win the hand.

Stranger things have happened.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nidan said:
Maybe we are just a bargaining chip, but if we don't play we can't win the hand.

Stranger things have happened.

Oh I agree 100%.

I'm glad to see we are at least bringing him in.