Edge James to visit Saturday

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The Cards are hosting free agent running back Edgerrin James and guard Milford Brown later today. The team is expected to push James hard to get him to sign a deal before he leaves town.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=60949

So Edge isnt even in town yet it would seem and the negotiating will go into Sunday as well.

The Cardinals struck quickly on the first day of free agency, bringing Clancy in for a visit along with Indianapolis running back Edgerrin James and Houston guard Milford Brown.

The visits of James and Brown are expected to extend into Sunday.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0311cards-ON.html

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Please say this is true!!! I just checked the Indy newspaper sight and do not see anything about this...

As a Warriors fan, I went through a buch of so called, "Reports" about the W's getting Artest and none of those were true...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
Please say this is true!!! I just checked the Indy newspaper sight and do not see anything about this...

As a Warriors fan, I went through a buch of so called, "Reports" about the W's getting Artest and none of those were true...

If its from FOX Sports radio then the news came from Jay Glazer (more than likely), whom also happened to be the first to report James was even coming here.

I think Glazer has inside sources with Rosenhaus' office that no one else does

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:

This is the main Board for the Colts and Pacers, this was the first Board to find out about Artest and the Peja trade, if thats worth anything

They have a good bye Edge Thread going to http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141569

Please let this be true

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per the Indy Star board James is signing http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141623...Per Fox Sports Radio...
Chill boys & girls. I just spent 2 hours listening to Fox Sports Radio after it was mentioned on this board that Fox Sports Radio had reported his signing. The only mention about James (at 6pm ET) was that he was "visiting Arizona."

Let's not jump the gun and put a hex on this.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
James Visit Creates Excitement

You must be registered for see images
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The Arizona Cardinals continued in their offseason activity Saturday as running back Edgerrin James visited the Cardinals Training Facility to meet with members of the Cardinals football operations and coaching staff.

“We’re excited about the opportunity to have Edgerrin come to us and entertain the possibility of being an Arizona Cardinal,” commented Vice President of Football Operations Rod Graves. “We feel we have a great deal to offer and he recognizes that by the mere fact he is here. We’re excited about the things he could bring to our program and hopefully we can get something accomplished with him.”

As an eight-year NFL veteran James has rushed for over 1,000 yards in six of his eight years in the league. In each of his past two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts James has rushed for over 1,500 yards.

“Edgerrin has established himself as one of the prolific running backs in the history of the game,” continued Graves. “A running back of that quality could certainly have a dramatic effect on our running game, which is something we set out to improve this offseason.”

As a two-year starter at the University of Miami, James was the only player in school history to record consecutive seasons of over 1,000 rushing yards. The Immokalee, Florida native went on to be the fourth overall draft pick in the 1999 NFL Draft by the Colts.

“He has been an important part in the Indianapolis’ success as far as his running ability and as far as his pass receiving abilities,” Graves stated. “We’re looking to add all of those dimensions to our offense and help us to improve in an area where we indicated that if we had the opportunity to improve our running game we would. Edgerrin would definitely help us do that.”

“I’m very excited. Who wouldn’t be?” added running backs coach Kirby Wilson. “Having a franchise running back considering you and your organization gives you hope and that is what we all have right now. We’ll wait and hope for the best.”
[/FONT]

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
az1965 said:
You must be registered for see images

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
Looks nice. Doesn't it?

Now lets put the pads and jerseys on boys...

AzWins23

Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals continued in their offseason activity Saturday as running back Edgerrin James visited the Cardinals Training Facility to meet with members of the Cardinals football operations and coaching staff.

“We’re excited about the opportunity to have Edgerrin come to us and entertain the possibility of being an Arizona Cardinal,” commented Vice President of Football Operations Rod Graves. “We feel we have a great deal to offer and he recognizes that by the mere fact he is here. We’re excited about the things he could bring to our program and hopefully we can get something accomplished with him.”

As an eight-year NFL veteran James has rushed for over 1,000 yards in six of his eight years in the league. In each of his past two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts James has rushed for over 1,500 yards.

“Edgerrin has established himself as one of the prolific running backs in the history of the game,” continued Graves. “A running back of that quality could certainly have a dramatic effect on our running game, which is something we set out to improve this offseason.”

As a two-year starter at the University of Miami, James was the only player in school history to record consecutive seasons of over 1,000 rushing yards. The Immokalee, Florida native went on to be the fourth overall draft pick in the 1999 NFL Draft by the Colts.

“He has been an important part in the Indianapolis’ success as far as his running ability and as far as his pass receiving abilities,” Graves stated. “We’re looking to add all of those dimensions to our offense and help us to improve in an area where we indicated that if we had the opportunity to improve our running game we would. Edgerrin would definitely help us do that.”

“I’m very excited. Who wouldn’t be?” added running backs coach Kirby Wilson. “Having a franchise running back considering you and your organization gives you hope and that is what we all have right now. We’ll wait and hope for the best.”

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't want to be a wet blanket........but if his signing isn't announced in the next 4 hours or so.......you gotta think Indy's chance of resigning him just shot through the roof.

:(

Of all the days to rain all day.......:rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05