Either the Rams or the Cardinals will be 0-2

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
I saw a stat a long time ago showning that most 0-2 teams never make it to the play-offs.

I think there will be a battle in Tempe this Sunday. High Scoring game- lots of passing. Martz will want to put up points, and you guys get to welcome Marmie's defense back to Phx.

Very important game for both teams.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
I saw a stat a long time ago showning that most 0-2 teams never make it to the play-offs.

I think there will be a battle in Tempe this Sunday. High Scoring game- lots of passing. Martz will want to put up points, and you guys get to welcome Marmie's defense back to Phx.

I do expect a dog fight. There's no way the Rams take us lightly after the whipping they took here last year.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Guess your post season dreams can turn to something else then.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
as a Cards fan i am nervous about this game.
I bet Rams fan is just as nervous - no smack talk?
wait - i need to go check the smack board....

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
andikrist said:
as a Cards fan i am nervous about this game.
I bet Rams fan is just as nervous - no smack talk?
wait - i need to go check the smack board....

I'm terrified.

If this OL doesnt come together, we're screwed...

Hopefully Step can come back and play C this week...

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I really hope we win, but I'm starting to think that it will take Denny a little longer than expected to turn the Cardinals into a winner. Whoever ends up 0-2 will have a long, uphill battle to get to .500, and I don't think our team is mature enough to do it. Sounds stupid, but a lot of this season depends on this single game.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:

Actually the 98 Cards team started out 0-2 and went to the playoffs...

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
The 93 Dallas Cowboys were 0-2, and then Emmitt Smith ended his hold out, they made a trip to Tempe in week 3, and they ended up winning the super bowl.

Of course, this Cardinals team has absolutey nothing on that 93 Dallas squad.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
Actually the 98 Cards team started out 0-2 and went to the playoffs...

We absolutely have to win this one. We only have 7 home games and the final 3 weeks all look like guaranteed losses.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
We absolutely have to win this one. We only have 7 home games and the final 3 weeks all look like guaranteed losses.

Remember: The Mexico game is a "home" game. :rolleyes:

:bang:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:

I think Chris Berman showed a stat last night that the only team last year to lose Week 1 and still make the playoffs was Indy.

Mike

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cards D can hold down the Rams and the Cards ST get worked into shape, I think the Cards will keep it close if not win it. The O has to be more productive without a doubt but the strength of the Cards is their D. The D must find a way to force Bulger to throw the ball alot since he has a propensity to make mistakes.

I am hopeful the Cards were embarassed by what happened Sunday in all 3 phases and are pissed about it enough to come out and knock the hell out of the Rams.

Should be an interesting game.

OP
OP
Rams4evah

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's my biased thoughts:

The Rams need to run early and eventually open up the passing game. By running early, the Rams can tire the Cards defense, which likes to run around, and will be running around in the heat. Also, we have a pretty big o-line, so they should be able to manuver the Cards front 4 where ever they'd like. Due to all the new faces on the Cards, I think the heat will hurt both teams. Macklin should also be the Rams #1 target when passing.

The Rams can play the run, but their passing defense is horrible. If the Cardinals continue with a short passing game, they'll lose. They should try to go deep, and let Boldin make some plays.

For the Cards to win, they have to go deep. This week also wouldn't be a good week to try to get a running game off of the ground- the run is the only thing this defense seems to be able to stop. Little won't be a big factor, so if the Rams are going to sack Warner, it will have to come from the LBs. With the weak CBs, it would be stupid for the Rams to biltz a safety.

Both teams will come in angry. Martz and the Rams didn't take the 49ers seriously and they paid for it. The Rams will be sharp.

The Cards should have good attendance, and the defense can really get Sun Devil Stadium rocking. THe Cards will need to score first, and score often to pull this one off.

It really comes down to which team plays for all four quarters. Both the Rams and Cards only showed up for half the game last week.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Here's my biased thoughts:

The Rams need to run early and eventually open up the passing game. By running early, the Rams can tire the Cards defense, which likes to run around, and will be running around in the heat. Also, we have a pretty big o-line, so they should be able to manuver the Cards front 4 where ever they'd like. Due to all the new faces on the Cards, I think the heat will hurt both teams. Macklin should also be the Rams #1 target when passing.

The Rams can play the run, but their passing defense is horrible. If the Cardinals continue with a short passing game, they'll lose. They should try to go deep, and let Boldin make some plays.

For the Cards to win, they have to go deep. This week also wouldn't be a good week to try to get a running game off of the ground- the run is the only thing this defense seems to be able to stop. Little won't be a big factor, so if the Rams are going to sack Warner, it will have to come from the LBs. With the weak CBs, it would be stupid for the Rams to biltz a safety.

Both teams will come in angry. Martz and the Rams didn't take the 49ers seriously and they paid for it. The Rams will be sharp.

The Cards should have good attendance, and the defense can really get Sun Devil Stadium rocking. THe Cards will need to score first, and score often to pull this one off.

It really comes down to which team plays for all four quarters. Both the Rams and Cards only showed up for half the game last week.

I really don't think the heat will be much of an issue...certainly not for the Cards. It is only due to be around 100 last I heard and for us, that is "nice" weather.

If Martz is smart (hasn't been proven consistently), he will give the Cards weak run D a strong dose of Jackson and Faulk until the Cards can prove they can actually stop them. You wouldn't think having backs with that talent would cause a HC to move away from the run but Martz is...unique.

The Cards couldn't run for squat against NYG so I would presume the Cards would throw alot against you guys anyways. Wny won't Little be a factor? He would be lining up against Oliver Ross who I think he could school all day long given what we witnessed out of Ross Sunday.

Cards always seem to play well at home and I am hoping the trend continues.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I really don't think the heat will be much of an issue...certainly not for the Cards. It is only due to be around 100 last I heard and for us, that is "nice" weather.

Historically is it really that much hotter the week of 9/11 compared to 9/18? We can't get a game to open the season but week 2 is fine. I don't get it - that logic always bugs me.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
Right. The Texans and Eagles both looked like world-beaters last week. :rolleyes:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Renz said:
Right. The Texans and Eagles both looked like world-beaters last week. :rolleyes:

I can't see us beating evan a mediocre AFC team on the road right now. And for a team that only scored 7 points, Philly looked extremely good to me in their loss to a very good defensive team in Atlanta. philly would have beaten us by 30 last week.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
Historically is it really that much hotter the week of 9/11 compared to 9/18? We can't get a game to open the season but week 2 is fine. I don't get it - that logic always bugs me.

For years, the first Cards home game was always a Sunday Night affair for their home opener (usually week 2) so the NFL made sure the heat wasn't an issue. I don't recall when that exactly changed but I think it evolved from ESPN not wanting the Cards on prime time (my ESPN conspiracy theory) any longer which essentially forced the leagues hand.

To answer your question though, the temp difference would be negligible

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Not only the Rams or Cards, but Seattle will likely be 0-2 also. I highly doubt they beat Atlanta. But at home our team always plays better, I think we will win Sun, but what do I know I thought we would have won in NY too.