Email Adonal Foyle to come to Phoenix!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hate to post it twice but I saw this after I created the first thread so I needed a new thread with a title that everyone will check out.

Adonal Foyle wants you to email him and tell him where you think he should sign.

[email protected]

Where Should Adonal Sign?
And now after 7 years in the NBA, I am a free agent - where should I go? Stay with the Warriors? Go to the East Coast - Boston, Miami, Milwaukee, Orlando - the possibilities are endless! E-mail me with your team choice, and I will post the top 5 picks on the site.

www.adonalfoyle.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think it is cool. He is a smart guy by all accounts.

And he is a good guy who does a lot for the community.

Awards
Mayor of San Francisco's Sports Hero Award, City of San Francisco
Official Spokesman for the Warriors "Tall Tales" Reading Program, Golden State Warriors
Social Change Agent, Greenlining Institute
NBA Community Assist Award, National Basketball Association
NBA Good Guys, Sporting News

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is a smart guy, but doing an e-mail on where he should sign is gay and unprofessional!

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Players appreciate when they are wanted. Obviously your email isn't going to be the ultimate factor in his decision but personally I think it is a very cool thing to do and nice to stay in touch with the fans unlike other players who don't have a personal website.

I appreciate that Foyle has that website for "his fans".

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Dave64 said:
He is a smart guy, but doing an e-mail on where he should sign is gay and unprofessional!

so gay?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I like Foyle, and always have.

I don't think he's a huge upgrade over Jahidi, but I'd take Foyle over a couple of the other candidates mentioned for the Suns' "MLE".

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, slinslin.

Foyle is much quicker than White and a better shot-blocker. He is about an inch taller and more agile.

And he is a great citizen -- someone who really can serve as a role model.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont deny that he is a good citizen, etc. That sutff is very good indeed. His numbers are what stinks! He has the number of a late second round pick, not a number 8 pick!

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Thanks for the link, slinslin.

Foyle is much quicker than White and a better shot-blocker. He is about an inch taller and more agile.

And he is a great citizen -- someone who really can serve as a role model.

I didn't say he was worse than Jahidi--and I think you're dismissing Jahidi's skills a little too casually here.

Foyle might wind up as a role player on the Suns, but he's still probably worth the MLE, just because demand for physical, athletic centers always exceeds supply.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dave64 said:
I dont deny that he is a good citizen, etc. That sutff is very good indeed. His numbers are what stinks! He has the number of a late second round pick, not a number 8 pick!

His numbers are good when you consider his minutes and that he was stuck behind Dampier most of the time.

He is not a scorer but he gives you rebounding , defense and is one of the best shot-blockers.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Someone should post that link to his website and survey on phxsuns.net as well. ;)

I would be ticked off if Foyle signs somewhere else for the MLE and we pay more than that to Okur.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I invited him to the board. It's very unlikely he'll show, but you never know. Curt Schilling posted here and also said that he visited a Red Sox fan board before deciding to go to Boston.

(Okay, everyone ... brace yourselves for a bunch of Adonal Foyle imposters now.)

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I invited him to the board. It's very unlikely he'll show, but you never know. Curt Schilling posted here and also said that he visited a Red Sox fan board before deciding to go to Boston.

(Okay, everyone ... brace yourselves for a bunch of Adonal Foyle imposters now.)

Maybe not a good idea with Dave64 around now. ;)

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is agreat guy and a communit service bonanza, which the Suns might like. He can blocks shots, grab a few boards, and play a little D. He is kind of small. Ostertag would probably suffice just as well, but Ostertag made 8,5M last season, so Foyle should be cheaper. His offensive numbers are nasty!

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We have Amare, Matrix, JJ, Nash, Barbosa, Zarko, Lampe.... all guys who are scorers or look to score.

Foyle is the hard working, defense playing center we need. And he is a good guy to have in the community and locker room. He is a Phoenix Suns kinda guy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The only problem with him is several teams are looking to sign him so his value is rising. Even Golden State is looking to lock him up because they think they are going to lose Dampier.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree. He does seem to be a Colangelo kind of guy. He just better not cost much because he has proven very little in his somewhat long career!

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
His season stats are deceiving anyway.

When he was back healthy and played in april he averaged 7.5ppg 9.1rpg 2.4bpg and the Warriors not surprisingly went on to close out the season on a high note.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dave64 said:
I agree. He does seem to be a Colangelo kind of guy. He just better not cost much because he has proven very little in his somewhat long career!

Ranked 7th in the NBA in bpg in 01/02
Ranked 6th in the NBA in bpg in 00/01
Ranked 15th in the NBA in bpg in 99/00

And he never got to play big minutes due to playing behind Dampier most of the time.

And he is still only 29.

He became the all-time NCAA shotblocking leader in just 3 seaons at Colgate breaking Alonzo Mourning's Georgetown record by 39.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It doesn't bother you that he can't get off the bench his whole career after being the 8th pick and playing for a crappy team! Come on dude!

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Um Erick Dampier was the 5th pick or so and teams are lining up to offer him something over 7M$ starting in the first year. Got it?

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dampier was a bum for five year, then pulled it out because he realized he was in a contract year. Foyle should have been able to rob more time from him years ago. He is a great guy, but a stiff as a player!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Foyle should have been able to rob more time from him years ago.

He averaged better than 21 minutes per game from 1999 to 2003. Since there are only 48 minutes at center to go around, those are good minutes when backing up a quality starter. And even when Dampier wasn't putting up last year's numbers, he was still an above-average starting center.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05