Emmit Shows His True Colors

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I always knew that Emmit has always been about Emmit but if he announces his retirement this afternoon at the Super Bowl it shows just how classless this guy really is.

The Eagles and Pats deserve all of the attention this week and to detract from the game just shows what alot of people had already known about this guy. Why do you think that Parcell's got rid of him, because he knew that Emmit had put himself ahead of the team.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
I always knew that Emmit has always been about Emmit but if he announces his retirement this afternoon at the Super Bowl it shows just how classless this guy really is.

The Eagles and Pats deserve all of the attention this week and to detract from the game just shows what alot of people had already known about this guy. Why do you think that Parcell's got rid of him, because he knew that Emmit had put himself ahead of the team.

:? ... he's from florida.. superbowl's in florida... national media's in florida. I have no problem with it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be more dissappointed in him if he announces he's returning to the team for another year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eagles and Pats are playing? What timing! Won't that take some of the focus off of our logo change? :shrug:

:|

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't do it on Sunday, I see no problem with it either.
It's a long week on the NFL's biggest stage so I'm sure NE and Phi can spare some time for the leagues all time leading rusher.

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The Eagles and Pats are playing? What timing! Won't that take some of the focus off of our logo change? :shrug:

:|
Beautiful

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, he could of announced it on Monday Night Football if he wanted to make a huge splash. Today is probably the most appropriate day for him to retire. Good luck and good-bye. Personally, I will never think of him as being a Card, just as I never think of Tony Dorsett being a Bronco.

The Shark

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Hey, he could of announced it on Monday Night Football if he wanted to make a huge splash. Today is probably the most appropriate day for him to retire. Good luck and good-bye. Personally, I will never think of him as being a Card, just as I never think of Tony Dorsett being a Bronco.

The Shark

Right, Dorsett was a Pittsburgh Panther, everyone knows that. I choose to ignore his pro career since I hate the Cowboys.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with RedFury on this. I was kind of wondering the same thing when all this talk surfaced. Why the hell don't you wait til the super bowls over. But hey as long as he doesn't come back to the Cards it's all good.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Fury said:

:rolleyes:

Darnell Dockett is looking at you with the same expression he's wearing in your avatar.

Emmitt is one of the most classy guys in the NFL.

blillyl

Reaction score
Heck, at least Emmit, Jerry Rice and Brett Favre didn't all call a combined press conference.

OP
OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Right, Dorsett was a Pittsburgh Panther, everyone knows that. I choose to ignore his pro career since I hate the Cowboys.

Ditto

OP
OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
:rolleyes:

Darnell Dockett is looking at you with the same expression he's wearing in your avatar.

No, that's the look that he is giving Emmit.

seesred

Reaction score
No big deal here. Smith was a great player. I hate the Cowpokes but don't take away anything from him. He played hard for us whenever he was called on. He belongs to the Cowboys he shoud retire that away. Eric Hill wanted to retire a Card and so they made that possible. There are many instances like this.

Good Luck and Goodbye Mr. Smith!

GBR

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Emmitt Smith is currently under contract with the Arizona Cardinals till March 1st no?

If that's true, we would need to cut him, then Dallas sign him, before he could retire this afternoon.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lex said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Emmitt Smith is currently under contract with the Arizona Cardinals till March 1st no?

If that's true, we would need to cut him, then Dallas sign him, before he could retire this afternoon.

all that could take 5 minutes

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:

Nope, contracts expire upon completion of the season.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Nope, contracts expire upon completion of the season.

I dont think so. they were talking about it in todays paper. technically he would be a FA and can't sign until free agency starts, but then again he is retiring so :shrug:

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
:biglaugh:
Hopewell High School Viking actually! A good friend of mine from college was the other halfback at Hopewell when TD played there. Needless to say my friend didn't see the ball very often...

Ironically, my friends nickname was OJ!

OP
OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Emmit wanted to retire as a Cowboy he should have retired two years ago. With what the Cards got out of Smith they could have picked up any undrafted FA RB and payed him league minimum.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
He'll announce his retirement today. Sign a one day contract with Dallas next month and retire. Big Deal.

Too bad, I thought for sure he'd want to go into the Hall as a Cardinal! :roll:

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
If Emmit wanted to retire as a Cowboy he should have retired two years ago. With what the Cards got out of Smith they could have picked up any undrafted FA RB and payed him league minimum.

Does that mean you think Jerry Rice should retire as a Seahawk? Should Tim Brown retire a Buc? That is a completely stupid comment!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
No big deal here. Smith was a great player. I hate the Cowpokes but don't take away anything from him. He played hard for us whenever he was called on. He belongs to the Cowboys he shoud retire that away. Eric Hill wanted to retire a Card and so they made that possible. There are many instances like this.

Good Luck and Goodbye Mr. Smith!

GBR

Couldn't agree more. And, I think Emmitt is a team player and not all about Emmitt. Even when he was sidelined with his injury, there he was holding the clipboard, taking notes and coaching guys on the sideline. When he didn't get the carry, he'd put a heck of a block on guys.

Personally, I don't think it's "me, me, me" for Emmitt and I don't see him announcing his retirement or anything else during this week as such. In fact, I'll be damn happy to stop hearing about TO, the Pats coach and the rest of the supporting casts.