ESPNewsHD

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linder, on April 13th (Sunday) sometime between 11:30am and 4pm you need to flip on CBS and watch part of the Masters. Augusta National in HD is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. Even if you don't watch it for the golf, you need to still take a look. If there is heaven on earth, it is Amen Corner at Augusta National.

*I play golf for a living so I am definitely partial, but I am fairly confident that if you watched for 5-10 min you would be AMAZED at the beauty.
I'm not promising anything. ;)

Maybe I can talk DCR into DVRing it & maybe I'll catch a few minutes when I can't fall asleep some night... :D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are right. The four majors are on NBC anyway.

If you havent watched the final day of a major in HD, you are missing out. Seriously.

Actually, NBC only gets the US Open. CBS gets The Masters and The PGA Championship and ABC gets The Bristish Open.

I do agree watching golf in HD is great. Watching any sporting event in HD is great.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golf on TV is the next-best thing to Bob Ross for hangovers. Very soothing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The greens and blues that you see while watching Golf in HD is stunning. I love playing golf, but it is harder to watch it. You'll pretty much never seen me watch it, if it isn't in HD anymore.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen it on Qwest but didnt look much, ill check it out tonight, would be nice.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, NBC only gets the US Open. CBS gets The Masters and The PGA Championship and ABC gets The Bristish Open.

I do agree watching golf in HD is great. Watching any sporting event in HD is great.

Check that. ESPN gets days 1 and 2 of the Masters. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check that. ESPN gets days 1 and 2 of the Masters. :)

Don't they also get the Par 3 challenge? That seems like it would be just as fun.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I'm not promising anything. ;)

Maybe I can talk DCR into DVRing it & maybe I'll catch a few minutes when I can't fall asleep some night... :D

I will let the cheap shot about the thing I love slide :)D), but just a reminder that the Masters is this week. Coverage starts Thursday, but try to catch some on either Saturday or Sunday on CBS. If Augusta National doesn't wow you, then II will post a heartfelt apology for wasting your time. But if it does, then you have to come back and state, "Golf is an amazing sport to watch in HD". I am not going to make you say its fun or anything....just that its amazing, cause at worst it will just amaze you how beautiful the course is. The colors will just blow your mind.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will let the cheap shot about the thing I love slide :)D), but just a reminder that the Masters is this week. Coverage starts Thursday, but try to catch some on either Saturday or Sunday on CBS. If Augusta National doesn't wow you, then II will post a heartfelt apology for wasting your time. But if it does, then you have to come back and state, "Golf is an amazing sport to watch in HD". I am not going to make you say its fun or anything....just that its amazing, cause at worst it will just amaze you how beautiful the course is. The colors will just blow your mind.
As long as we can get dreamcast to dvr it, we're all set. I don't have an HDTV. I don't mind saying was wrong (ha!) if I'm wrong. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. I just can't fathom golf being amazing to watch. I'm not as into the whole HD thing as some of you are. I like it, I think it's pretty cool (football especially) but all in all, I could do without it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as we can get dreamcast to dvr it, we're all set. I don't have an HDTV. I don't mind saying was wrong (ha!) if I'm wrong. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. I just can't fathom golf being amazing to watch. I'm not as into the whole HD thing as some of you are. I like it, I think it's pretty cool (football especially) but all in all, I could do without it.

:mulli:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ps: no espn on Qwest yet, the espnews format changed but the HD channel didnt come out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05