maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Ex-Raider sought in shooting at Siegfried, Roy home

Associated Press
Oct. 6, 2004 04:40 PM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]LAS VEGAS - Former Oakland Raiders kicker Cole Ford is being sought in a drive-by shooting last month at the home of entertainers Siegfried & Roy, police said Wednesday.

Ford, 31, whose three-year NFL career ended in 1997 after a poor season, was named in a felony warrant stemming from the Sept. 21 shooting, Sgt. Chris Jones said.

Police identified Ford as the owner of a white minivan from which shots were allegedly fired at the compound owned by former illusionists Siegfried Fischbacher and Roy Horn. No one was hurt, but police said shotgun pellets shattered windows and left a hole in a wall.[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Police have not said if the men were home at the time.

Jones said police considered Ford armed and dangerous, and said he might be living in a low-budget hotel or camping in southern Nevada or nearby states.

Ford faces six felony warrant charges of discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle and two felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

Initially, the case was labeled a hate crime after a witness told police the gunman shouted that the entertainers should get out of the country. Later police said it was not bias related.

Ford was drafted out of Southern California in 1995 by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but was released before that season began. He signed with the Raiders, and remained with them for three seasons before being cut in training camp before the 1998 season.

After making 89 percent of his field goals in 1995 and 77 percent in 1996, he was successful on just 59 percent of his attempts in 1997.

Horn and friends celebrated his 60th birthday Sunday at the home northwest of the Las Vegas Strip - a year to the day after a near-fatal mauling by a tiger left Horn partially paralyzed and forced the long-running Siegfried & Roy show to close.
[/font]

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Wow, I never even heard about this shooting. What is up with these disgruntled former players these days. I thought this was a joke while reading it. "Get out of our country immigrants". I can't believe he would seek these two guys out like this. I don't like them either but, A thought like this has never crossed my mind. It made me laugh to read it, but its a pretty lame thing to do. Have fun in Prison.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wierd - why a drive by of Siegfried and Roy??

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
What is sad is that he owns a mini-van and lives in a low budget hotel. Not that there is anything wrong with a mini-van, but that coupled with a low budget motel means that the Raiders don't pay very well.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Wierd - why a drive by of Siegfried and Roy??

Maybe he was mad he will never get to see their tiger act. I know I am bummed.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
This proves it.

Raiders Players and Fans are a buncha criminals. I knew it all along.
Cup they have always been thugs and criminals. Watch Cops on TV and mostly people they arrest are wearing Raiders and Cowpukes jersey :D :wave:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of telling immigrants to get out of the country, why doesn't anyone ever tell idiots like Ford to leave?

Last edited: