Faded/Outdated/Not Licensed Cards gear, what do you think

What do you guys think of faded/outdated/not licensed gear

• Total voters

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
You don't have to spend a bunch of money to be a good fan.

:thumbup:

Yup. I would never buy a jersey, and I would certainly NEVER pay the price for an authentic one. I just don't get it.

I don't post in the Cards forum that often, and I don't really buy Cards anything, but you would be hard pressed to find a more die-hard fan.

So to answer your question, it shouldn't matter.

My big pet peeve is what has already been pointed out: What the hell is anyone doing wearing a jersey/shirt/hat of a team that isn't playing at the game they are attending. Here's to you "Mr. Wear Any Old Jersey Wearer".

Idiots.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It seems like at every game, I can hear people laughing and pointing at a "eBay fake" or a "Wal Mart" special.

*BLEEP* those people.

I'd wear a $1 Cards shirt with bad stitching out in public with pride. That would be an awesome work shirt, btw.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
and hat sizes at 7 1/2. Some of us have huge heads. Even the d-backs don't carry over 7 1/2.

Hatland.com

It caters to fat heads like me.
7 5/8, and I prefer 7 3/4 sized hats.

Ugh. It doesn't look like they have much in stock, or anything too interesting right now. They usually go sports season to sports season but they usually keep up to date.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I don't think it matters what you wear....seriously are you gonna get pissed off at me for wearing an Eric Swann jersey?

You see. That is a cool. I would love an Eric Swann jersey....but it really doesn't count to get a "custom one" (it is not like yours which is an original). The original from when he played. That is cool.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Read some of the responses above. I think it matters.

I didn't add it to my poll question, but I flip out when I see Cowboys gear at Cards games. Don't know why.

You have that "problem" too?

Not that I would call it a problem as much as a natural reaction to seeing a Cowboy fan...especially in AZ at a home game....I don't even like the ones I here in Jersey.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't ever wear any of my older gear. I have some old jersey's of players long gone, and I just keep them for memory sake. Usually before each season, I buy 1 or 2 new jerseys of players that are currently on the team and I wear those. I don't really have anything against the older gear, but sometimes I think people think it's some type of "badge of honor." I guess I can see the point, but I know how long I have been a fan, I don't really feel the need to prove it.

I have also been guilty of laughing at people that wear the cheap WalMart knock offs, but I probably shouldn't do that. I mean so what? Some guy saved a few dollars and bought a cheaper version, does it really matter? As long as he's there to root on the Cardinals, I'm cool with it.

I don't have a problem per say with people wearing gear of the other team. If they're there to support the opponent, that's just part of life, my problem is when they act like they own the place. I don't have issue with fans that act like guests in our house. The one thing I DO have a HUGE problem with is retards that wear gear for a team that's not even playing. Those people make me want to tie them to my bumper and drag them up Glendale at 50mph. How ******** do you have to be? If you don't like either team, just don't go, or wear a regular T-Shirt or something.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have that "problem" too?

Not that I would call it a problem as much as a natural reaction to seeing a Cowboy fan...especially in AZ at a home game....I don't even like the ones I here in Jersey.

A pretty good friend of mine is a cowboys fan. I truly fear for his soul.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a free ticket to any Raven or Redskin home game I want. I usually go too. I casually root for the Ravens, because they are in the AFC, but I despise the Skins. I almost always wear Cards gear to those games. What the hell do I care what people think? I am a Cardinal fan loud and proud.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a free ticket to any Raven or Redskin home game I want. I usually go too. I casually root for the Ravens, because they are in the AFC, but I despise the Skins. I almost always wear Cards gear to those games. What the hell do I care what people think? I am a Cardinal fan loud and proud.
I think the rules go out the window when wearing Cards gear. When people ask you, "are you really a Cards fan" that means you can wear it whenever.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the rules go out the window when wearing Cards gear. When people ask you, "are you really a Cards fan" that means you can wear it whenever.

There might be some truth to that. If you wore a Patriots or Cowboys jersey, you might be called a bandwagon fan to someone who doesn't know you.

If you wear Cards gear to another game, it is likely to invoke sympathy, pity, or all out laughter. You are a brave man.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they look at me like a tourist since it is impossible to find Cards stuff anywhere around here (unless you wanted a replica Leinart jersey in '06).

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a guy who sits one section over from where I sit at UOP who always wears a Packer's jersey to the games.

One time we were both coming down the steps at the same time so I turned to him and said, "One of these times you're bound to be right!"

JTS

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually only wear my stuff for one or two seasons and then I give it to Goodwill. I figure that way, some youngster will wind up with a Cards jersey and it just might turn him into a Cards fan.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I have no problem with older gear...I proudly wear a red #30 with Stump Mithcell's name on the back to road games everywhere.

Then again I have no problem wearing a jersey of a team not playign to a game. I used to wear my Hartford Whalers jersey often to Washington Capitals games when I lived in NoVA a while back. It didn't matter that the team wasn't even in existence any longer. Everyone got fired up when they saw the Whale.

Long Live the Mighty Whale!!!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I agree that the old Hartford Whalers logo was very clever:

You must be registered for see images

It's amazing though, how many people can't see that there is both a 'W' and an 'H' in there...

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
i dont like fake stuff to be honest but hell as long as your are showing your a card then thats all that matters really. the problme with fakes is if i'm buy it its stuff i have never seen (ie off ebay etc so just dont like being ripped off)

its so hard getting stuff in England i take what i can get though sometimes. ie bought a Cards banner of ebay for my sports room and it was about £10 and then it cost me £25 to get it shipped over. its all good though, all good.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
I buy a new jersey every year, and each year I wear only players who are still with the team. The last three years have seen Boldin, Fitzgerald and James added to the collection. I think I'll go with Wilson this year.

But knockoffs on eBay are not cool with me. I don't mind if they look real, but some of them just look awful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05