Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 35 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I'm torn here. I dont really like either team. Neither team would really be able to give a fight to either PIT or NE.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
All PA Super Bowl!

I don't want to see that happen, but it might. Will depend on how Ben rebounds. I can tell you one thing ... don't want to see the Pats win again. Those Bostonians got their World Series. That's enough for now!

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I picked Atlanta, but only because I really can't stand the Iggles.

But I'm also completely sick of hearing the media fawn all over Michael Vick, so I won't be too bummed if Philly wins.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Atl....tough Defense and Mike Vick and Alge Crumpler.....ATL VS Pats in the Super Bowl.

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
I went with ATL because Philly seems primed for another pucker job. And, quite frankly, because I'd love to be able to watch Vick on a faster track in Jacksonville against the Pats defense.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
This is a tough call for 2 reasons:

1st) Atlanta has yet to be tested by a great defense, and I think the Philly D will give Vick all he can handle, and shut him and the offense down.

2nd) The monkey that sits on Peyton's shoulders about not winning "the big one" also sits on Reid's and McNabb's shoulders about not winning the NFC championship. Will this monkey be too hard to shake off???

Weather?? Atl won in GB, true, but not against a caliber D like Philly will show them.

Defenses win championships, so my call is Philly in a low scoring defensive ground struggle...

:shrug:

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
not winning "the big one" also sits on Reid's and McNabb's shoulders about not winning the NFC championship.

Good point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
This is a tough call for 2 reasons:

1st) Atlanta has yet to be tested by a great defense, and I think the Philly D will give Vick all he can handle, and shut him and the offense down.

2nd) The monkey that sits on Peyton's shoulders about not winning "the big one" also sits on Reid's and McNabb's shoulders about not winning the NFC championship. Will this monkey be too hard to shake off???

Weather?? Atl won in GB, true, but not against a caliber D like Philly will show them.

Defenses win championships, so my call is Philly in a low scoring defensive ground struggle...

:shrug:

Huh? Vick had to play Carolina and Tampa... twice. They went 3-1. They played San Diego's defense, which was pretty special, and won. This isn't a team that cake-walked through the season.

Philly's D is way, way overrated. They're going to get exposed this Sunday by a team that's committed to running the ball.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
in bad weather, the best running team usually wins. Atlanta all the way!

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Huh? Vick had to play Carolina and Tampa... twice. They went 3-1. They played San Diego's defense, which was pretty special, and won. This isn't a team that cake-walked through the season.

Philly's D is way, way overrated. They're going to get exposed this Sunday by a team that's committed to running the ball.

I see what you're saying. But I should've been more specific I see. What I meant to get out was Atl has yet to be truly tested in the post-season. With a first round bye, and a weak StL D, they kinda grazed on into the championship game. And yea, so did Philly against a weak Minny D.

Vick will get exposed this weekend by a team who can shut him down, and in a city where to say it will be hostile is an understatement!!!

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
I see what you're saying. But I should've been more specific I see. What I meant to get out was Atl has yet to be truly tested in the post-season. With a first round bye, and a weak StL D, they kinda grazed on into the championship game. And yea, so did Philly against a weak Minny D.

Vick will get exposed this weekend by a team who can shut him down, and in a city where to say it will be hostile is an understatement!!!

Falcons looked alot better in their playoff game than the eagles did, the eagles were fortunate that the Vikings beat themselves with dropped balls and messed up special teams plays. falcons have no pressure on them i expect they'll come out loose and fired up. while the philthy's will be tight and concentrating on not making mistakes.

the Eagles weakness is stopping the run which the falcons are pretty good at doing.

this game comes down to field posistion i believe which the falcons will more than likely win with their special teams, and defense. Eagles have a good defense their d-coord is really good and i expect him not to concentrate to much on stopping Vick. which is what kills most teams.

falcons 31 eagles 13

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i think the conditions (blizzard) favor the team that runs the ball. atlanta does that extremely well. and in the snow vick may make the eagles defense look slow (more difficult for a defender to change directions in adverse conditions than it is for an offensive player who knows the direction he's headed). also, atlanta's d is special again this year.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Philly leaves a safety deep for interceptions, puts 10 men within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, but leaves two fast linebackers free to chase down Vick. Atlanta puts up 200 yards rushing, 85 passing yards, and loses 28-6 because they can't score TD's in the red zone against the Eagle defense, and 110 of the rushing yards come on two plays.

Mike Vick sets the all time record for fewest passing yards by a starting "quarterback" in the history of the NFL playoffs.

OP
OP
WizardOfAz

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vick Won't Let Philadelphia Snow Stop Him

Speedy Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick does not plan to let a major snowstorm that could hit Philadelphia this weekend bog down his team in Sunday's playoff game with the Eagles.

"I don't think it'll be a factor," Vick told reporters in Atlanta. "Football is played in all types of conditions: rain, sleet, snow or whatever."

Obviously the mobile quarterback would prefer a sunny day to befuddle the Eagles, but he knows that is not going to happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050120/sp_nm/nfl_falcons_dc_1

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Eagles wins because they will use a part of the Cards play book, which was featured on NFL Matchup by Jaws (1/22/05) to illustrate how the Eagles could contain Vick.

That way the Cards will get another week of free press.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CaliCards said:
Eagles wins because they will use a part of the Cards play book, which was featured on NFL Matchup by Jaws (1/22/05) to illustrate how the Eagles could contain Vick.

That way the Cards will get another week of free press.

I saw that!

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Philly wins, but it just seams like they will never win the NFC. Kind of like Peyton will never beat the Pats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05