Falcons Fan Here

Reaction score
i was wondering what you think would be favorable match ups for your team, and how you guys feel about the game as a falcons fan it a rare that i see you guys play i think twice this year the cowboys game and the NE game. So i'm assuming both fanbases are pretty unfamilular with each other.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
That depends on how well the offensive line plays. If they can open holes, I'd expect our coaches to mix in plenty of runs with the pass. Obviously we want to get the ball to our top 3 WRs as much as possible tho.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i was wondering what you think would be favorable match ups for your team, and how you guys feel about the game as a falcons fan it a rare that i see you guys play i think twice this year the cowboys game and the NE game. So i'm assuming both fanbases are pretty unfamilular with each other.

You're going to see a lot more of the Cowboy's game than you did the NE game.
This game counts!

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
God may live in Atlanta but he winters in Arizona and we like it that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Word to the wise, tell your Atlanta players not to drink the water here, try to hold off after the game. It's the climate here, too much liquid will affect their play.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Most favorable match up is our receivers against your bd's. If James can run anywhere close to what he did the last game of season, you will be wondering what hit you. If he can't, well it might be the other way around.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I personally am not to worried about Matt Ryan and the passing game, but your running game scares the hell out of me. I will write a longer entry later.

seesred

Reaction score
Just watched Bogy in Maltese Falcon. In the movie the bird was fake! You guys have had a wonderfull year congrats. Your running game scares me as our team seams to play the run well and at times forgets what it knows. If your running game is working it will be a high score for both teams. I see the game in the 30-34 points a team range.

THe four major advatages we have are Warner (former super bowl MVP), Larry Fitz , Q, and Steve Breaston. If we can run at all look out for big time plays by our wide outs. DRC our rookie corner is going to be a great CB. He is playing very well and you might go to the other side where we have Hood. How he plays may determine the games outcome.

Special teams your kicker is special. Our new punter has done well and Rackers has had a great year. Our tackling however is another story. One never knows if we can stop a Jr. College team. This is a key area of concern to me.

All in all a very competitive game. Most likely very close final score. It's pick em for me. Have a happy New year to all!

GBR

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
THe four major advatages we have are Warner (former super bowl MVP), Larry Fitz , Q, and Steve Breaston.

You can see why spreading the field has been an addiction for the Cardinals.

Add in a much improved Urban (from being completely unreliable to surprisingly so) and Doucet starting to show up (peaks and valleys) and you've got a convincing case to go 5 WR more then wisdom dictates a team should do.

Still, the team would be well pressed to find balance.

I'm looking forward to this chess match.

Both teams will be tested.

Nitemare129

Registered
Reaction score
I personally am not to worried about Matt Ryan and the passing game, but your running game scares the hell out of me. I will write a longer entry later.

This is why I propose that the cards put 8 in the box. We know that they are going to want to run 1st. If we can take that away, make them a 1-dimensional passing team then we can win (I know we're a 1-dimensional passing team too, but there's a big difference.....well 3 of em. Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston).

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
God may not live in Atlanta but I bet he goes there for the Best Steak I have ever had. Just so happens that I also forgot the name of the place as well, but I would be able to find it again, its been three years since I had to go for business. Both are just a stones throw away from the Home Depot headquarters.

Anyways back to your football discussions.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All I know is ATL gave up over 400 yards to StL last week so we should be able to put up 800. Cards will win I have no doubt. ATL may get som enice running yards, but we will outscore them either way. I can't wait to see Kurt pick apart that defense. Cards 38 ATL 24.

Falcons 3652

Reaction score
You're going to see a lot more of the Cowboy's game than you did the NE game.
This game counts!

Except our special teams isnt going to meltdown like Dallas did. I would like to see Matt Ryan put up over 300 yards and 3 TDs like Romo did :)

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Except our special teams isnt going to meltdown like Dallas did. I would like to see Matt Ryan put up over 300 yards and 3 TDs like Romo did :)

Romo had a terrible game. He fumbled twice, once in the endzone, and he was saved by terrible officiating. If that game was called correctly it wouldn't have been close. The Falcons won't be the beneficiary of bogus calls, neither will the Cards. It will be fun but the Cards will victor.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Trust me, you don't want to see your rookie take the kind of punishment Romo took in that game.
The Cardinals broke him and he still hasn't recovered.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
This seems fitting somehow! :shrug:
You must be registered for see images

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Atlanta matches up well against the Cardinals O-line. Our O-line has a problem run blocking, but it is a good pass blocking line. However, if we cannot run block, you guys will mix in enough blitzes to keep Warner from being able to set up the long passes. I'm not sure if you have enough of a pass rush to keep us out of the middle passing game, which is what kills a lot of teams. This is because of the yards after the catch ability of Boldin and Fitz. IT also sets up our run game better.

Key player to watch for: Levi Brown. Our right tackle has given up 11 sacks this year. He's very young and he's improving, but Deuce next to him has been struggling as well. If Levi holds up, it will be a very good day for the cardinals, if he does not, we'll have to rely heavily on short passes, which we excel at... but it makes our offense too one dimensional.

If we have a minimal running game, and it looks like we're going back to Edge so I expect we will, the next match up for the Falcons becomes your secondary. I do not expect corner play to keep the ball out of our receivers hands. With good pressure though, you can keep the passes shorter, so it comes down to your safeties abilities to keep the YAC to a minimum. Milloy might be up to the task, but he can only be on one side of the field at a time. I would expect to see him doubling Fitz a lot.

Player to Watch: Boldin. If Milloy is doubling Fitz's side of the field, look for Warner to go for Boldin on the short routes (5-10 yards) and try to turn them into 10-20s. If you are doubling or at least spying on Boldin, look for the opposite on the other side of the field.

The other side of the field is a bit dicier for us. The good news is DRC (Dominique Rogers-Cromartie) (Spelling?) is quickly becoming a #1 corner for us. I'm not sure he's ready for single coverage with Roddy White. That is unfortunate, because it means Aaron Francisco will spend a good part of the game helping double White. It means Rod Hood better be able to go 1 on 1 with Jenkins. We'll need Adrian Wilson in the box to bring the extra pass rush and/or run blitz to keep Turner contained. We have done a very good job containing #1 running backs, even top tier backs all year as long as we keep coverage in the secondary tight. Against the Vikings we broke down and Jackson threw for 4 touch down passes and Peterson ran for a big day as did Taylor. However, everyone has an issue with the Vikings if they can throw for 4 TDs. Atlanta will see 7 or 8 in the box the entire game, they'll need to be able to short pass over it. Not everyone can as we can bring a lot of QB pressure when we stack... Wilson is incredible in the pass rush and Turner is the type of back that we tend to be able to stop.

Key player: Norwood. He's a powerful back, the type the Cardinals often have a problem with. Also: Matt Ryan... he's going to need to be able to make hot reads and get the ball out of his hands into his check down guy quickly. I wish he was looking a little less poised down the stretch, personally.

Cardinal player to watch: If we're getting to you, I think you are softer up the middle than you are on either edge. I'd still watch for a lot of edge pressure as that is how we like to blitz, but when the edge blitz comes we're going to need Gerald Hayes or Dockett or Dansby to find those gaps in the middle and go through the center to get straight at the QB/Turner.

Intangibles: The Cardinals have looked amazing this season in 11 or 12 games. We have looked awful this year in at least 4 contests (jets, eagles, vikings and patriots). It looked like the strutting from winning the division is over and we looked sharp against Seattle. If we can carry the home field strength I've seen in almost all of the home games in the last 2 years (minus the 49ers last year and the Vikings this year), we're a mean mean team to stop at home.

Good luck, but I'll be part of the homefield advantage, screaming my face off rooting for the Cardinals.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Tig Toad, very nice breakdown

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05