Fanspeak: On The Clock

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Rugby, you found draft dropping Darnold to 15 or was it a trade up?

Anyway back when I was doing the draft thing and writing for rivals, I compared the top dozen mock drafts. I gave points for the right pick, of course, but awarded them based on slot. If you got the first pick right that was a point. Put the right guy at 10 and you got 10 points. If you got the position that went at that pick, 10 points. After the top 5 if your player was taken within 3 picks of your slot, 5 points. I’m going from memory but I think that was it. I ignored trades. He doesn’t do a mock anymore, but Dave Te was first. Kiper did well as did Tony Pauline. I finished in the middle. Most of us simply think mocks are fun but do give you some idea of your team’s options.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Rugby, you found draft dropping Darnold to 15 or was it a trade up?

Actually, in most cases, if I am re-call correctly, Sam Darnold was available at 15, and Lamar Jackson was taken. A lot of variations of this simulator had the Jets taking Lamar Jackson, or the Browns.

I even had a situation where Jackson, and Darnold were taken, and yet, Rosen was available.

That is, of course, per the simulator so take it for what it is worth, which ain't much. :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Rugby but you never said who's board you used on your drafts.

I really do not think it matters. I just pick any variation of the simulator and run it.

None of these will be accurate, heck none of the Kiper, McShay, and Mayock mocks will be accurate, because Mock Drafts are never close to accurate.

Let's just say, I did something different every day, and this is what came out of the simulator.

If you look at the "Jedi Drafting" Mock, that, at least to me, is insane. The "majority" of draft stuff I have read or seen has every one of those players in the first two rounds of the draft, let alone getting all of them in a 7 round simulation.

I understand that someone may say, "Well CBS sports is a more reputable source then say Drafttek."

I do not agree. With the low level of accuracy of all mocks, saying one source is better, is really not making a point of any kind.

Personally, I think you have the small guy drafts, and the mainstream media drafts, and the mainstream drafts are a lot of copy-catting. A lot of sports "news" is just the mainstream echoing each other. At least the small guys go out on a limb.

Again, none of it really matters with when the most accurate drafts are less than 1% accurate to the actual draft.

In the end, if you do the same board, and same settings, you get more or less the same players. Switch it up, and you end up picking different players, and that brings more of a pool of players to talk about, and look into.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my screw a rookie QB we are building this team around the Defense!

15: R1P15
DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON

47: R2P15
CB MIKE HUGHES
CENTRAL FLORIDA

79: R3P15
EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI (FLA.)

97: R3P33
WR D.J. CHARK
LSU

134: R4P34
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

152: R5P15
TE RYAN IZZO
FLORIDA STATE

254: R7P36
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Try going through FA and then draft with Browns... Truly impossible for them not to be good in a couple years.... Unless Hue is still coaching them down

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here’s mine. If this were our draft I’d fall over dead from joy after the draft or after we hoisted the Lombardi Trophy in 3 seasons lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
use Fanspeak.

This morning Draft:
TRADE PARTNER: BALTIMORE RAVENS

SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 15

RECEIVED:

ROUND: 2 PICK: 20
ROUND: 3 PICK: 19

TRADE PARTNER: DENVER BRONCOS

SENT:

ROUND: 3 PICK: 33

RECEIVED:

ROUND: 3 PICK: 35
ROUND: 5 PICK: 5

Draft:

15: R1P15 - QB JOSH ALLE, WYOMING

52: R2P20 - G WILL HERNANDEZ, UTEP

79: R3P15 - CB MIKE HUGHES, UCF

83: R3P19 - WR D.J. CHARK, LSU

99: R3P35 - C FRANK RAGNOW, ARKANSAS

134: R4P3 - LB DARIUS LEONARD, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

142: R5P5 - RB KALEN BALLAGE, ARIZONA STATE

152: R5P15 - DL B.J. HILL, NORTH CAROLINA STATE

254: R7P36 - OT JOE NOTEBOOM, TCU

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fanspeak draft simulator is a fun game. Too bad the Cards will have few of those players available when they pick.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Fanspeak draft simulator is a fun game. Too bad the Cards will have few of those players available when they pick.

Says who ?

I ask, because I want to know who you have decided has "the list" that you are saying is the "correct list".

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got Baker too on mine....but it was tempting to take the Guard and try to trade back up into the draft to get Lamar.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is my "we dont need no stinkin QB" Mock...

Lots of options were available at 15 in this one... in the draft overall I tried to stay balanced and grab the highest value players...
Drafttek big board with Fanspeak team needs,...four rounds.

15: R1P15
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH...... This guy is a beast...an unseen combination of size and speed...we are gonna run a 4-3...this is our MLB

47: R2P15
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M.....Both McCoy and Bradford seem to prefer a WC style offense and this guy is made to order for that. The kid is a local product and is a ball player.

79: R3P15
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA.......not a huge center at 6'3" 295 and he needs to get a little stronger... but this dude is a full on technician at the center position.

97: R3P33
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN..... this kid blocks and catches passes... but his best trait is his work ethic and competitive nature.

134: R4P34
CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU.....a 6'3" 205 lb man corner that LIKES to hit people....yeah, he likes it, he looks for it... has some attitude issues and I wouldnt have made this pick with BA as coach,... but Wilks may be able to work with him....could also be moved to safety as he has a great combination of size, speed, and physicality

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat