Fantastic Four

Djaughe

Reaction score
Just as long as they don't turn the actors to look like these:

You must be registered for see images attach

Ugh....the old cast looks like they can do a musical version.....

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah I don't think they chose prime time actors in that one.... the monster looks kind of cool though :) although it is a plastic suit and probably looks cheesy in the movie...wish you could download it, would probably at least be worth a few laughs....

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
yeah I don't think they chose prime time actors in that one.... the monster looks kind of cool though :) although it is a plastic suit and probably looks cheesy in the movie...wish you could download it, would probably at least be worth a few laughs....
I've seen it. It's not terrible, in a home-movie sort of way.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Pariah said:
I've seen it. It's not terrible, in a home-movie sort of way.
Maybe if the movie came out in the early 80's it would have ranked up there with teenage mutant ninja turtles....but after seeing what new technology can do with the hulk - I want the Thing to look like how john byrne draws him....

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Maybe if the movie came out in the early 80's it would have ranked up there with teenage mutant ninja turtles....but after seeing what new technology can do with the hulk - I want the Thing to look like how john byrne draws him....

John Byrne kicks Arse!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
woo hoo!

Julian McMahon from Nip/Tuck is playing Dr. Doom. He kicks ass!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different writers have written doom differently over the years. Some of them have Doom wearing his mask because he's been badly burned and he's disfigured. Other writers have him with a tiny scar on his face, but in his psychotic vanity, he beleives he's hideous and can't stand the sight of his own face. I hope it's the latter in the movie; I always thought that was a neat little insight to his character.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also hope that he doesn;t end up looking as hokey as he does in the SHH picture. Somebody got tell the gaffer that Doom should ALWAYS be in at least a partial shadow.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I was channel surfing last night inwhich they showed the cast on entertainment tonight...looks like the Thing is gonna be in a suit...didn't look much different than the B version of the FF.

Probably what troubles me a little bit more is that the Thing looked about the same height (at best) w/ the cast....

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hope is that they're able to make the Thing look less like he's on a suit on film. I've seen pictures, too, and yeah...doesn't look good. But, I take heart in knowing that they must have spent a ton of $ doing screen tests and things, so they must have a plan. Right? RIGHT??

Djaughe

Reaction score
Pariah said:
My hope is that they're able to make the Thing look less like he's on a suit on film. I've seen pictures, too, and yeah...doesn't look good. But, I take heart in knowing that they must have spent a ton of $ doing screen tests and things, so they must have a plan. Right? RIGHT??
uhmmm....

Attachments

• thething.jpg
    thething.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 88

Djaughe

Reaction score
But hey...at least the Invisible woman looks like :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Djaughe

Reaction score
The cast....

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cinescape.com

SCOOP: Stretching the end of FANTASTIC FOUR

We've been hearing stories about a last-minute change of plans that happened with the FANTASTIC FOUR movie...

Dateline: Friday, December 24, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: Names withheld

As principal photography on 20th Century Fox's FANTASTIC FOUR winds down, we've been hearing stories about a last-minute change of plans that happened with the film -- and it's all due to another superhero movie called THE INCREDIBLES.

Two sources have now independently told us that the entire third act of FANTASTIC FOUR has undergone extensive changes as a result of Disney and Pixar's CGI family film THE INCREDIBLES. As it happens, we're told that once the creative FF team saw the stretching effects of the INCREDIBLES character Elastigirl, the final battle we're yet to see in FANTASTIC FOUR needed to be beefed up, especially what the character of Mister Fantastic was slated to do.

Here's what we're told: already burdened with a nine figure budget, and with five main characters all gifted with their own special powers (and thus their own expensive slate of special effects required to bring them to life), one of the ways to reduce the FANTASTIC FOUR expenses was to limit the time that Mister Fantastic would use his stretching abilities on the screen. However, once THE INCREDIBLES blasted on the scene, and audiences got a taste of what kind of things a human Mom could do with her super-stretching powers, the makers of FANTASTIC FOUR soon realized that they would have to push the envelope further. But how could they do that when the budget for FF was already well past $100 million dollars?

The answer turned out to be quite simple: 20th Century Fox stepped up to the plate and coughed up more dough. How much more is a matter of conjecture...but we've heard a check as big as $20 M may have been written by Fox just so FANTASTIC FOUR's Mister Fantastic could have more screen time to stretch across. Before you begin believinbg that FANTASTIC FOUR will be the mother of all stretching movies, that $20 M may not all go to just making Reed Richards stretch further than he was originally intended to do in the first place. After all, there's also the Human Torch, Invisible Woman, the Thing and Doctor Doom too...

It also turns out, in this post-INCREDIBLES landscape, that the third act of FANTASTIC FOUR had to undergo a major rewrite. We've heard stories of the writers and producers working overtime all through November and December as they thought about ways to ratchet up the film's final battles and the resolution. This has supposedly made for some frought moments as the script changed, almost daily -- and word has it, the changes made were to distance the FANTASTIC FOUR ending from that of THE INCREDIBLES.

Don't think just yet that all of this creative strife means the end result will be lacking; even while filming many productions undergo major changes to their storylines, sometimes requiring delays in filming as the script undergoes revisions. Entire sequences may be axed for any number of reasons while brand new scenes may be born as a result of adversity -- and if the film stands on its own, audiences will never know how many nights of sleep the cast, crew, director and producers lost. All final judgements on the merits of FANTASTIC FOUR will have to wait until opening day arrives.

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...$20 mil to see Mr. Fantastic stretch more?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic Four Teaser with Elektra
Source: 20th Century Fox
January 12, 2005

20th Century Fox will debut the teaser trailer for the studio's highly anticipated event motion picture Fantastic Four, on January 14th, at theater screens everywhere showing Elektra, which opens that date nationwide.

Only moviegoers attending Elektra showings will get this first look at Fox's epic incarnation of Marvel's first family of comic superheroes. Fantastic Four, the longest running comic book series in history, takes the movie world by storm beginning this Fourth of July weekend.

The teaser trailer will then be made available on the studio's official site for the movie during the next week.

The Fantastic Four are: Reed Richards / Mr. Fantastic (Ioan Gruffudd), who can elongate his body; Susan Storm / Invisible Woman (Jessica Alba), who not only can become invisible at will but can render other objects invisible; Johnny Storm / Human Torch (Chris Evans), who can shoot fire from his finger tips and bend flame; and Ben Grimm / The Thing (Michael Chiklis), a hideously misshapen monster with superhuman strength; together, they battle the evil Doctor Doom (Julian McMahon).

-------------------------------------------------

So are we going to see the Human Torch as he is in the comics or just a guy who can shoot fire from his fingers? :shrug:

:flameon:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
So are we going to see the Human Torch as he is in the comics or just a guy who can shoot fire from his fingers? :shrug:

:flameon:

What the hey? If true, the human torch becomes nothing more than Pyro of the X-Men.... :mad:

Brown_Blood

Seven.
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Lex Luthor isn't suppose to be a tough guy, he is suppose to be a scrawny brainy guy.

I must agree. Vin Diesel could play Lex Luthor about as well as Arnold played Mr. Freeze. Being bald just isn't enough.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the trailer and it looks good.... I think the Thing is going to be just fine and the short glimpses of the human torch looked pretty good, too. If the plot's halfway decent, this could be a helluva ride!!! :)

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Fantastic New Trailer

March 28, 2005 - The official film site and Apple have posted the new Fantastic Four trailer that debuted at ShoWest and was later screened for fans at Wizard World LA.

The new trailer provides the gist of the film's plot, covering the origin story/space flight that transforms the titular quartet and Victor Von Doom (Julian McMahon) into super-powered beings.

We see the heroes and Dr. Doom in action, with a particular emphasis on Johnny Storm (Chris Evans, in what appears to be a scene-stealing turn) heating things up as the Human Torch and Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing.

Fans will be happy to see The Thing utter "It's clobberin' time" right before he appears to punch Dr. Doom out of the side of a skyscraper. The pair then plummet down several stories, entangled and fighting with each other, before crashing through a neighboring rooftop.

There is some humor evident as well, thanks mostly to Johnny Storm's rock star-like antics as The Torch. At one point Johnny asks Ben, "Where are your ears?" There is also a humorous coda where a nurse takes Johnny's temperature and it's well over 200 degrees. "Wow, you're hot," she says, to which Johnny replies, "Why, thank you. So are you."

The trailer says the film promises "4 Times the Action. 4 Times the Adventure. 4 Times the Fantastic."

Fantastic Four opens July 8th.-- Stax
http://filmforce.ign.com/ff/articles/599/599464p1.html <Here is the article
http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com/ <here is where the trailer is my flash is outdated once again they change these things every couple months. Ill let you know what I think when I get it.

Trailer looked pretty good, kind of moved pretty fast though. It wasn't the one they talk about in this article though.

Last edited:

Djaughe

Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
....Trailer looked pretty good, kind of moved pretty fast though.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay - the Thing looks cool!