Fantastic Four

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Djaughe said:
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay - the Thing looks cool!
Dr. Doom gonna be the best vilian in the comic book genre, yet. The Thing didn't look as bad as I thought either.:thumbup:

Djaughe

Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Dr. Doom gonna be the best vilian in the comic book genre, yet. The Thing didn't look as bad as I thought either.:thumbup:

I also hope they show Dooms genuis (technology) and not go overboard on the "doom punches-hero punches back" part.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Game: 'Magic' Still Has Fantastic Moves
May 02, 2005

Earvin "Magic" Johnson used to be part of a fantastic five with the Los Angeles Lakers. Now he takes on the Fantastic Four in an NBA-20th Century Fox effort promoting the movie and the playoffs.

An integrated campaign, via Fox and NBA Entertainment, breaks this week anchored by a TV spot in which Johnson goes one-on-one with each of the four lead players: Michael Chiklis (Ben Grimm/The Thing), Jessica Alba (Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic) and Chris Evans (Johnny Story/The Human Torch). Magic dons his Lakers' uniform and is the super star he was during his multi-championship playing days. Each of the Fantastic Four use their super powers, via special effects, to try to shut Magic down: The Human Torch tries to scorch him, The Invisible Woman disappears, etc. Ultimately, Chiklis utters the NBA tag, "I love this game." The spot will run through the playoffs on TNT, ABC, ESPN and NBA-TV.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The Game: 'Magic' Still Has Fantastic Moves
May 02, 2005

Earvin "Magic" Johnson used to be part of a fantastic five with the Los Angeles Lakers. Now he takes on the Fantastic Four in an NBA-20th Century Fox effort promoting the movie and the playoffs.

An integrated campaign, via Fox and NBA Entertainment, breaks this week anchored by a TV spot in which Johnson goes one-on-one with each of the four lead players: Michael Chiklis (Ben Grimm/The Thing), Jessica Alba (Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic) and Chris Evans (Johnny Story/The Human Torch). Magic dons his Lakers' uniform and is the super star he was during his multi-championship playing days. Each of the Fantastic Four use their super powers, via special effects, to try to shut Magic down: The Human Torch tries to scorch him, The Invisible Woman disappears, etc. Ultimately, Chiklis utters the NBA tag, "I love this game." The spot will run through the playoffs on TNT, ABC, ESPN and NBA-TV.

:|

Djaughe

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
This movie is gonna rock!

Yeah but the commerical with magic johnson seems so....so...lame.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Yeah but the commerical with magic johnson seems so....so...lame.

Magic Johnson lost his appeal once he broke the 400 lbs barrier... Have you seen him? He looks like a walking stationary store

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Saw this today with my son. We both agreed it sucked. It was just a precursor to Fantastic Four 2, which the end left no doubt is going to be made. Better to rent it than pay to see it now. :lame:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Saw this today with my son. We both agreed it sucked. It was just a precursor to Fantastic Four 2, which the end left no doubt is going to be made. Better to rent it than pay to see it now. :lame:

I hear they signed on for a total of 3 movies. I was a little apprehensive after seeing the trailers, looked like it might have stronger special effects than actual story.

I will still probably see it just not in a hurry.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:

I kinda felt the same way when I heard Jessica Alba was going to get some speaking parts in the movie. She's one of those classic "better seen not heard" types IMO.

I haven't seen the movie, but her lines in the trailer were just terrible and those alone made me not want to see it.

Besides, Batman Begins, Spiderman 2, and Xmen 2 really rose the bar IMO for superhero movies. I knew this one wouldn't be up to par.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
friggen lame. I haven't felt this ripped off since I paid $7.50 to see Jesus get whipped for 3 hours

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
friggen lame. I haven't felt this ripped off since I paid $7.50 to see Jesus get whipped for 3 hours

If you paid $7.50 to see THAT movie, YOU should be the one to get whipped!!!! ;)

My wife and I enjoyed this movie a lot. It wasn't Gandhi..... just good comic book fun. I look forward to the sequel(s) FX were really good, they captured the constant mini-war between Ben and Johnny quite well and Doom was appropriately creepy.

I started reading this comic back in '61 when it started and it's always been my favorite.

I enjoyed it that the critics panned it, yet it did over $100 million in the first 2 weeks.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
It was good, but to my surprise there wasn't a lot of action in this. It took them almost the entire movie to figure out their powers. Then their only real fight scene is the climactic scene against Doom. Mr. Fanstastic didn't really show his powers much. You're better off seeing the Incredibles if you want to see how it should have been done.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I thought it was pretty entertaining, I wasn’t expecting oscar material. My 6 year-old thought it was awesome. Whatever happened to the nurse though? One minute Johnny Storm said he was going to marry her and then you never see her again.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I just watched it. I thought it was pretty entertaining, I wasn’t expecting oscar material. My 6 year-old thought it was awesome. Whatever happened to the nurse though? One minute Johnny Storm said he was going to marry her and then you never see her again.
I think that relationship went down in flames, even though he's still hot for her.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Decent. Not entirely the waste of time I had heard it was. The sequel should be better.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did the actors actually read the script before they agreed to appear in this?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking No. They saw "superhero movie" and said, "I'm IN! How could I go wrong?"

i'm thinking it was more like this: HOW much money are you gonna pay me to be in this steaming pile of crap? In!