Fassel?

BigRed

Cardinals for Life
Reaction score
what is happening with Fassel? Any chance he could end up here as the OC?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigRed
Any chance he could end up here as the OC?

None at all. I've heard rumblings that Fassel might join Brian Billick as offensive coordinator of the Ravens. That's actually an intriguing hire.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Green wants someone who knows his system to run his offense. Besides, even if Fassel doesn't get a job this year, surely he will be high on the list again next year. Do we really want the turmoil of a new OC again next year, and would he really want to be the OC for the Cardinals AGAIN?

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to see if Fassel would come here as an OC , at least for a year.. if he can turn this offesense around, then his stock will go up next season for other coaching opput. Our offense isnt to far away from being dominate... add his knowlegde and experince, could turn into a great season.. the only thing wrong is I think Fassel and Green would butt heads on offensive schemes and play calling... its a bummer.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Look, Fassel will not be taking an assistant position for us or anyone else, period. He has no reason to, he is still considered a good head coach, and he's still getting paid by the Giants regardless of wether or not he gets a job this year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He must of did terrible in all of his interviews!
Reports out of the NYC dailies today suggest that Fassel interviewed suffering from a viral infection.

OP
OP
BigRed

BigRed

Cardinals for Life
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
Look, Fassel will not be taking an assistant position for us or anyone else, period. He has no reason to, he is still considered a good head coach, and he's still getting paid by the Giants regardless of wether or not he gets a job this year.
Except he said he has a desire to coach this year.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigRed
what is happening with Fassel? Any chance he could end up here as the OC?

I really thought he was a hot commodity. Something must be wrong with his interviews as he may not end up as a head coach. He said he was going to go through the whole process before making a decision. Maybe this was a wrong tact as the buyers were all in a hurry and not going to wait around.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From Walter's story it seems like Fassel got a bit of the "Kordell Stewart," "Martay Jenkins" syndrome.

Boys can't be too cocky or ask too much 'round here in da desert ya know!

I give props to Rod Graves and Bill Bidwill for their integrity and not begging and giving in to Fassel's demands.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Dennis Green's first words to Bill Bidwill were, "I want to coach the Arizona Cardinals", and then he proceeded to wow them. He knew all abou the team, the season, the players, and had lots of ideas on what to do.

By contrast, Fassel wanted a nice dinner, knew nothing about the team or the players, had just come from a flattering time with Dan Snyder (who jetted across the country to talk to Fassel ahead of the Cards), and was looking forward to being interviewed by at least two more teams.

I think by the time Fassel realized there's a lot more to the process than getting asked to interview, he'd turned off a few -- and the rest figured he can't be that good.