Favorite show no longer on TV.

rsegov11

Reaction score
i miss friends. i have 3 seasons so far. im hoping to get the rest as gifts

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Firefly were returned with all the original characters, does anyone think it could break a 6 share (or about the borderline rating for any new series)? My friends at NBC think it would still be a bottom feeder because not enough people "get it." But it would kill in DVD sales, like Family Guy, making it likely worth whomever picked it up.

Nonetheless, that ship has sailed. Whedon isn't even interested anymore.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Firefly were returned with all the original characters, does anyone think it could break a 6 share (or about the borderline rating for any new series)? My friends at NBC think it would still be a bottom feeder because not enough people "get it." But it would kill in DVD sales, like Family Guy, making it likely worth whomever picked it up.

No it wouldn't, but it wouldn't because people don't "get it". It would be because there would be NO CHANCE that it would get a prime slot on the schedule. That's the problem with virtually all shows like that, Lost maybe being the only exception.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All in the Family
Seinfeld
Tour of Duty
Merry Melodies
Looney Tunes
Animaniacs

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The key to a show like that making it, would be to get it on a network that doesn't expect those types of ratings. You put it on the major networks it's going to fail like so many other shows.

For example had the Sci-fi channel picked up that show, I bet it would make it no problem. In fact, there were rumors that the Sci-Fi channel wanted the show but had no budget for it because of BSG and SGSG1.

Last edited:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I loved the first season of BSG...but to think we got those final seasons instead of more Firefly is just criminal.

I think Firefly COULD make it on a major network BUT it would have to be given the time to hook the audience in. No pushing it's time slot and air dates all over the place and showing Adam Sandler re-runs in it's place (not to mention airing the episodes out of order).

But like you said, probably a moot point...the ship has sailed.

On a positive note, I'm enjoying seeing Cap'n Tight Pants on Castle. (Which I'm sure means it's already canceled).

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Married with children
The Christopher Titus Show
Alf

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these have been mentioned but I'd go for Wiseguy, Get Smart, Buffy TVS, Angel, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, It's Your Move, Jericho, Roswell, Buffalo Bill, Space: Above and Beyond, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. and Police Squad.

Steve

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hells Bells, I just miss having something to watch on network television.

If you look up television schedules in the 60's-70's there was stuff to watch practically every night. Now it is a wasteland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05