Favorite Target?

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
I know that this topic would be best suited for training camp or before the start of the season, but, with what we know now,............Who do you think will be Jeff Blakes favorite target this year?

This may have been better as a poll question but I am sooooo cyber-constipated that I would have screwed this up like a near sighted flea on a stuffed dog!

I think that we will be not only very surprised but also very pleased because I think that his favorite target will be his third option. This is something we haven't seen in the recent past. Whether it's the TE or a RB , whom ever that may be, at least it won't be the first or second option who's surrounded by 2-3 defenders!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Freddie Jones is a good answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say McAddley. He showed good talent for a rookie receiver, let alone a fifth rounder. I think he can start for us, perhaps.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as it is not the weak side linebacker that has a clear route to the touchdown, I will happy.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
As long as it is not the weak side linebacker that has a clear route to the touchdown, I will happy.

I second that!!!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
as long as its not he other team!

Then well have a descent chance! :thumbup:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Freddie Jones is a good answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say McAddley. He showed good talent for a rookie receiver, let alone a fifth rounder. I think he can start for us, perhaps.

Good call. I also think McAddley will emerge as our number one guy. He impressed with when he was thrown into duty last year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There can be only one answer to your query...Mr. Anquan Boldin.
Which one? (You know there were 4 identical quadruplets all named Anquan Boldin - that's what makes him so awesome).

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
There can be only one answer to your query...Mr. Anquan Boldin.

Agreed. Bolden may not have the best yards per catch next year but he will have the most receptions!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Funny

By the way Renz your comment in the Madden thread had me in stitches. That is a great picture of Boldin too.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed at all the hype everyone's giving Boldin. He's done exactly nothing, and he's a rookie WR to boot. He's impressed in a few minicamps. That won't count unless he's doing it during the season too.

I mean, look, I'm a Penn State homer through and through, and I'M not crowing all over Johnson. Sure, I think he'll be good (may make an earlier contribution on PR duty) but neither he nor Boldin will probably lead the team in receptions year one.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Funny

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
By the way Renz your comment in the Madden thread had me in stitches. That is a great picture of Boldin too.
Thanks. I get off a good one every now and then. I agree about the picture too. I tried to use it as my avatar, but it looked too small by the time I got it down to 80 x 80.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed at all the hype everyone's giving Boldin. He's done exactly nothing, and he's a rookie WR to boot.

Stout,
They're just having fun. The Boldin thread ("I hear a lot about...") is the funniest thing that I've read here in a long time.

Last edited:

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
Kevin Kasper and his died blond hair is the future of the cardinal recieving corps!

hahahaha just kidding folks id have to go with Boldin or Jones
but i think Bryant Johnson will emerge as our best WR in the next few years

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed at all the hype everyone's giving Boldin. He's done exactly nothing, and he's a rookie WR to boot. He's impressed in a few minicamps. That won't count unless he's doing it during the season too.

I mean, look, I'm a Penn State homer through and through, and I'M not crowing all over Johnson. Sure, I think he'll be good (may make an earlier contribution on PR duty) but neither he nor Boldin will probably lead the team in receptions year one.

Geesh, are we wound a little tight today?:wave:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see no reason why Boldin or Bryant can't be the leading reciever on this team. Remember that there currently isn't a single WR garenteed a starting spot. My guess is that either Boldin or Bryant will be one of the starters this year. It's not that far fetched. We just don't have any other proven veterans.

If I were to make a guess Freddie Jones will be Blakes favorite target. However I believe that Boldin will be a close second. Of all the recievers on this team I think that Boldin has the most Potential to be a Pro-Bowl player. The question is how quickly can he learn the system. I think he will be able to pick it up very fast. What most people don't realize is that Boldin is intelligent. The guy scored a 31 on the Wonderlic test. Compare that to charles Rodgers who scored a 10 or Andre Johnson who scored a 14.

Sack Daddy

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
I see no reason why Boldin or Bryant can't be the leading reciever on this team. Remember that there currently isn't a single WR garenteed a starting spot. My guess is that either Boldin or Bryant will be one of the starters this year. It's not that far fetched. We just don't have any other proven veterans.

If I were to make a guess Freddie Jones will be Blakes favorite target. However I believe that Boldin will be a close second. Of all the recievers on this team I think that Boldin has the most Potential to be a Pro-Bowl player. The question is how quickly can he learn the system. I think he will be able to pick it up very fast. What most people don't realize is that Boldin is intelligent. The guy scored a 31 on the Wonderlic test. Compare that to charles Rodgers who scored a 10 or Andre Johnson who scored a 14.
Damn that boy sing good. Boldin was a member of Sexual Chocolate wasn't he? And he's smart to boot.:D

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
What most people don't realize is that Boldin is intelligent. The guy scored a 31 on the Wonderlic test.

See, I had heard a rumor but I didn't think that it was true. Anquan Boldin tutored Albert Einstein in math when Einstein was doing poorly in his younger years.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
Gilmore. I have visions of play-action, 40+ yard touchdown strikes dancing through my head.

Mdamien, I'll be shocked if Gilmore is not the favorite target of Jeff Blake. Gilmore runs the best patterns, is the fastest guy on the team and is Sullivan's guy.

One thing I've learned from making camp reports is that nothing we report has any effect on people's biases.

If someone thinks Bryant Johnson is a sure starter, nothing will change that person's mind except personal visual proof.

Furthermore, I've been going to camp for 7 years and this is the most gifted group of WRS we've had in those 7 years. They are collectively taller, stronger, and faster than any previous group.

And Anquan Boldin IS that good. There is nothing wrong with Bryant Johnson, in fact, he shows a lot of upside. But Boldin is special in that he has already developed a special skill of playing tough in traffic.

Think of it this way - Jason McAddley had a great rookie year but his job is in jeopardy. Kevin Kasper? On the bubble because Bryant Johnson may already have taken away his return job.

Frank Sanders? He was smart to leave because Anquan Boldin is a bigger, tougher, hungrier Sanders.