first offensive play

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
first offensive play will be a bomb down the left sideline. it will not be caught but will really open up the running game and a cards win.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
The first play will be a throw from Anquan Boldin to Bryant Johnson for a TD. This opens the running game and leads the cards to a win. This play is looked back upon as the Cards' first step towards greatness (and a dynasty).

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hand off to Michael Pittman for no gain.

Oh wait, this year?

Hand off to Emmitt Smith for a 15 yard gain.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
The first play will be a throw from Anquan Boldin to Bryant Johnson for a TD. This opens the running game and leads the cards to a win. This play is looked back upon as the Cards' first step towards greatness (and a dynasty).

an interesting thought to say the least!

I wonder if other teams like dallas, pittsburg and san fran look back to specific plays as "the beginning".

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Playaction pass attempt..pressured by the D-Line...pass to Larry Foster for 12 yards..and roughing the passer on Robert Porcher...additional 15 yards...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up the middle to Smith - 1 yard gain.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
An overthrown pass over the middle to Freddie Jones that is intercepted.............Wait! Plummers in Denver. I'll say a 4 yard gain by Emmitt Smith.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They know were going to use #22 on the first play. They pull 8 into the box. #22 for a 2 yard gain.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sullivan knows they'll be expecting a run, so he calls a slant pass to Foster over the middle. Pass is completed and Foster gets a first down.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith up the middle for 3 yards.

Second play: Smith up the middle for 3

Third play: Blake to Boldin for 12 yards on a slant from left to right

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As many times as the Cards went deep against Dallas in the first
preseason game, I say Sully will call a long one. It will be a tone-
setter.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Handoff to Emmitt off the right guard for a 1-2 yard gain. It's what we do.

Unless, of course, Sullivan can prove he actually has changed the offense. PLEASE, SULLY, prove me wrong!

As a side note, if I have to watch us freakin' TELEGRAPH the play by sending the FB in motion slowly and freakin' stutter-step in place before we run to that EXACT spot, I will personally fly to the desert (no need to interrupt the game) and carve out the coaching staff's hearts with a spoon!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
As a side note, if I have to watch us freakin' TELEGRAPH the play by sending the FB in motion slowly and freakin' stutter-step in place before we run to that EXACT spot, I will personally fly to the desert (no need to interrupt the game) and carve out the coaching staff's hearts with a spoon!

I will join you!

:D

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First play will be the fb streak on the Play Action. Result? We will just have to see.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout

No kidding. Does that not drive you crazy or what?

My guess first play? Fake the handoff to 22 left side, quick hit 85 short out/curl to the right.

Regardless of the play, money says we are near the right hash mark. Our returners are still green and they tend to favor the side they carry the ball on. Mark it down - play action left.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say we throw to Freddie for a 17 yard completion!

"Blake under center. Cardinals in a I-formation with Emmitt Smith and Hogdkins. Blake fakes the hand-off, Blake back to pass...Freddie Jones over the middle catches it at the 29 yard line...gets up to the Cardinal 37...First down Cardinals! That's what I'm talking about!"