Fitzgerald confident in receiving core

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I'm really excited about our receiving core," Fitzgerald told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf on Friday. "I think we're going to be a force to be reckoned with when things open up."

With Michael Floyd in the mix, the 13th overall pick in this year's draft, Fitzgerald is hopeful that the number of double coverages he faces will be reduced.

"Once he's able to start making plays consistently we'll start seeing some of the coverage shifting and I'm going to be able to see some single coverage on important downs and distances," Fitzgerald said.

When asked about Floyd's ability on the field, Fitzgerald didn't shy away from complimenting the rookie.

"He's a playmaker. When the ball is in the air he finds a way to come down with it, and he makes contested plays," Fitzgerald said. "He's big and he's physical, so I know he's going to help Ryan [Williams], Beanie [Wells] and our run game."

Another stand out from mini-camp has been Andre Roberts, a third year player who saw an increase in playing time last season.

"I'd say a 1,000 yard season is well within his reach. He's really coming into his own. He's worked extremely hard over the last few years," Fitzgerald said.
http://arizonasports.com/40/1555213/Fitzgerald-confident-in-receiving-core

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The potential is there. Add in an improved Housler(hopefully) and we have it on paper.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Larry you will never see single coverage on an important down of any distance for the rest of your career. Unless the DC is really bad.

Interesting to note he mentioned Ryan Williams before Beanie Wells when talking about our run game.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
"I'm really excited about our receiving core," Fitzgerald told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf on Friday. "I think we're going to be a force to be reckoned with when things open up."

well what else was he going to say?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He says that every year.

Even last year when everyone knew he was unhappy with his lack of a #2, he still said he was confident in his receivers with Roberts and Early.

Love the guy, but take what he says with a grain of salt, hes the ultimate nice guy/non-complainer.