from slam online

wager323

Reaction score
Now he can do that in Phoenix, which is apparently dismantling to save money. Why else do you trade your best player? I guess they figured that they weren't going to catch the Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Mavericks or Kings anytime soon, so why bother? Now they can cut Charlie Ward and not have to pay him, let McDyess walk after this season and only owe money to Eisley. Gugliotta's deal also runs out this summer, so there's another $11 million off the books. So they save money and claim they're going to try and sign some good young free agents, although no one's going to want to sign with them and not have a chance of getting past the first round of the playoffs. Even if it's Kobe. What, Jahidi White is going to stop Shaq?

Why is this happening in Phoenix? Depends who you talk to. The Suns will probably claim they wanted to dump salary and make their team better all-around and prepare for the future. But I talked to a few NBA insiders today who say otherwise. I heard that not only are the Suns losing money left and right and cutting salary just because they can't afford what they're paying now, but one person even speculated that this might be the Colangelo's getting ready to sell the team. Sorry, phxsuns.net.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Colangelo wouldn't sell, they stand to get a nice amount of money from teams who have to pay the luxury tax.

I honestly think they want to make a run at another marquee player....trouble is they trade everybody away as soon as things go south.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wager323
i really hate jc...im gonna be a knick fan now

might follow the suns just for amare

Yeah, I guess we should expect the Phoenix Suns to just go ahead and lose $15-25 million while fielding a team that doesn't stand a chance of making it past the first round either. I honestly would be surprised if they are able and willing to get Kobe Bryant next summer, but I've got news for these idiots at slam.com. A team with Kobe Bryant in place of Marbury and Hardaway to go long with another first-round draft pick and whatever Lampe contributes is much, much better than what the Phoenix Suns had. It's also much more financially responsible.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Colangelo wouldn't sell, they stand to get a nice amount of money from teams who have to pay the luxury tax.

I honestly think they want to make a run at another marquee player....trouble is they trade everybody away as soon as things go south.
normal load.

I honestly don't believe their plan was to rebuild this quickly. I believe the New York Knicks just made an offer that was too good to pass. Losing Marbury hurts, but suddenly, they are in great position financially, they are going to be loaded with young talent, and with good drafting, player development, and free agency work they will be as good and probably better than before the trade. Remember that they still have two thirds of that age three they were building the team around. And I think they kept the most important piece in Amare Stoudemire.

Joe Mama

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05