Frustrated

VinceBlack

Reaction score
I know that I haven't posted at all on this forum, but I have been reading posts everyday for the last year. I have been going to suns games for the last 15 years and have been an avid fan.

First, the Spurs are a great team, probably the best in the league. That being said, I am extremely frustrated by the bias of the officiating and media alike. They have taken a good series that should've been ultra competitive and made it one-sided. This is true! To all those that say the officials are trying their best, well, they have failed. If it wasn't for my support of the team, I would have stopped watching two games ago out of disgust. I know the Suns have things to work on and are probably the inferior team, but at least give them a chance.

Let the teams determine the outcome! They have made the game easier for the Spurs and much harder for the Suns. That, my friends, is bias.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
good defensive teams are allowed greater leeway in the way in which they play defense. gutless defensive teams don't get calls. don't whine. we're being beaten fairly by a better team. if this doesn't act like a wakeup call to the players and dantoni we're doomed to never get past the spurs. even tonight we're playing gutless oley defense. it's sickening. how many layups have we given up? sick.

OP
OP
V

VinceBlack

Reaction score
Another thing that is without excuse is that no one from the suns organization has even mentioned it. I have lost respect for some of the players and coaches because they haven't done a darn thing to change the way the game has been called. Not a word out of any of them.......I don't think Barkley, Shaq, etc. would put up with that crap.

moviebuff316

Registered
Reaction score
When I see Suns Double hard on Tim.. I hear the ref call fouls. When Amare gets double teamed, No Whistle.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The key to the Spurs defense is their ability to get away with holding off the ball. I'm not sure they get away with that much more thant he Suns on the ball, but off the ball their "denial" defense involves grabbing almost every play.

Another problem the Suns have is how Manu gets to carry the ball on every drive to the basket. Watch him in slow motion, it is absurd. With all his spinning around the refs seem to lose track of where his pivot foot was.

All that being said, the refs did not bail the Spurs out tonight. Parker's attempt to take a charge by flopping was not called (I thought Pop would have stroke) and that weird play when Manu grabbed Amare and then flopped when Amare shook him off after the whistle. The fact that it was called a "double technical" (ie nothing) rather than let the Spurs steal the game with this crap was huge.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorta with ouchie on this one. San Antonio is a good team at playing the game. Play being the key word. All the angles are exploited, and as George said, good defensive teams get rewarded. Fair? Who knows. But we better learn to "play."