FYI John Clatyon predicting Boldin won't play

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says he did light practice today, will be a game time decision but he figures he won't play they'll rest him another week.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Like Urban and Somers have stated recently in their blogs, Wiz in his two years here hasnt let any player who didnt practice during the week to play in the game. The one time he did do it was Wilson when he knocked out the Bills QB, but Wilson only got 6 snaps the whole game.

I expect the same with Boldin, 10 snaps max. Plus when Boldin starts with his "play it smart" talk like he has in the past and is doing it as we speak, it means he doesnt even think he will play. Even if he says he will play when he says those 3 little words 99% of the time he will shut it down for that week.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Says he did light practice today, will be a game time decision but he figures he won't play they'll rest him another week.

That hurts. Q's career stats vs the 49ers:

72 catches for 931 yards and 7 TDs in eleven games.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Boldin needs to play, even if he is on a snap count or simply used as a decoy. We need all of our available resources in this game. IMO this is a must win for many reasons. For starters, a win or loss will likely set the tone for the rest of the seasons. One thing that still makes me nervous is this team's confidence and ability to adjust, even after the Superbowl appearance. Take the postseason ride out of the equation; we were a still a 9-7 ball club in a subpar division. This team on paper is better than that, but in order for them to be relevant in the eyes of the nation and their own eyes, they need to win at least 10 games. A loss Sunday will divert their minds elsewhere.

Second, the fans have a really bad taste in their mouth after an 0-4 preseason and a meltdown at the end of the Superbowl. This shouldn't be the case, but I can understand. As alluded to before, there will be a lot of "I told you so's" by everyone! We are still the "flukes" and the "worst team to play in the playoffs"

Lastly, and most obviously, it's a divisional opponent against a team that has been hyped as our biggest rival. We have all downplayed the potential of this team, questioning their passing offense, Singletary's leadership, and their average secondary. But if those aspects start to click for them, we will fall flat on our face.

Im nervous, cant you tell?

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope he sits, but this isn't good. Clements has owned Fitz. Hopefully the running game is gonna be as strong as I am thinking it may be and can carry us through.

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
Boldin needs to play, even if he is on a snap count or simply used as a decoy. We need all of our available resources in this game. IMO this is a must win for many reasons. For starters, a win or loss will likely set the tone for the rest of the seasons. One thing that still makes me nervous is this team's confidence and ability to adjust, even after the Superbowl appearance. Take the postseason ride out of the equation; we were a still a 9-7 ball club in a subpar division. This team on paper is better than that, but in order for them to be relevant in the eyes of the nation and their own eyes, they need to win at least 10 games. A loss Sunday will divert their minds elsewhere.

Second, the fans have a really bad taste in their mouth after an 0-4 preseason and a meltdown at the end of the Superbowl. This shouldn't be the case, but I can understand. As alluded to before, there will be a lot of "I told you so's" by everyone! We are still the "flukes" and the "worst team to play in the playoffs"

Lastly, and most obviously, it's a divisional opponent against a team that has been hyped as our biggest rival. We have all downplayed the potential of this team, questioning their passing offense, Singletary's leadership, and their average secondary. But if those aspects start to click for them, we will fall flat on our face.

TJ, settle down bro..I understand you're nervous but we've got way too many weapons for this team! We play some tougher teams this year and this is a must win and Whiz knows this! You've gotta give Whiz credit for making this team believe and winning when they need to...they'll be ready, bank on it!

Arizona 31
49ers 10

GO BIG RED!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think last year proved that we can do alright without Boldin for a game or two. The other guys step up in his place.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Doesnt matter imho. We still have to cover Breaston (he's playing right?). With our lack of pass rush, Warner will have all day to throw. Im just going off on our preseason but we couldnt get to the QB at all. Now maybe they will suprise me but Im predicting Warner to have all day to throw. Plus Spencer will be our number 2 corner, Im not too big on Shawntae like some 49er fans so we'll see.

Cards - 31
Niners - 17 or 21 ....I just have a bad feeling about this game for some reason

But good luck to you guys no injuries and for those who are going have fun!

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One has to wonder if the Cards were thinking specifically that Q may not play when they decided to keep 7 WRs. This is likely Lance Long's last chance IMO.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesnt matter imho. We still have to cover Breaston (he's playing right?). With our lack of pass rush, Warner will have all day to throw. Im just going off on our preseason but we couldnt get to the QB at all. Now maybe they will suprise me but Im predicting Warner to have all day to throw. Plus Spencer will be our number 2 corner, Im not too big on Shawntae like some 49er fans so we'll see.

Cards - 31

Very decent of you to say. Are you sure you don't have a bit of closet Card fan in ya?

:cheers:

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score

One other reason is the effect of a loss on future ticket sales. This game almost got blacked out and a loss could make it more difficult to avoid future blackouts.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking long term, would rather have Boldin healthy for the majority of games as opposed to playing hurt and reinjuring. Would rather have him healthy for Jax and Indy but of course you gotta go into each game with the goal of a win.

The problem of course is we don't know how healthy Breaston is either.

Going to need Urban to step up, I also think we may see more of TH and Beanie than we might expect, get ahead and pound the ball force the 49ers to bring up the safeties approach.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mind resting Boldin for this game, I just hope fitz and breaston have a great game same with hightower and beanie. I can't believe only 2 more days till kickoff GO CARDS!!!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
TJ, settle down bro..I understand you're nervous but we've got way too many weapons for this team! We play some tougher teams this year and this is a must win and Whiz knows this! You've gotta give Whiz credit for making this team believe and winning when they need to...they'll be ready, bank on it!

Arizona 31
49ers 10

GO BIG RED!!!

Typically I'm calm and collected, but the more I think about this game, the higher the stakes get.

Personally, I think the implications of Sunday are very elevated.

I do appreciate you trying to settle me down. :D

Best way to do that is with a 6 pack of Corona

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Cards - 31

Tone, you are a class act!

Gohard could really learn from you...

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry, I couldn't resist................

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Clayton looks like the blond kid of Beavis and Butthead.. I forgot which was which.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Boldin is on my fantasy football too, so I'm putting a lot of faith in Chad Ochocinco and Braylon Edwards...got Bernstien (sp?) Minn, but he is questionable like Q with a hamstring...but I do have KKKKKurt WARRRRRRRRRNER :)

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I haven't read you lately, how are you Jetsream Green? Think its VITAL that Boldin plays this game, even only the 1st qtr. He kills the 9ers and if he gets the Cards 3-4 receptions on a long drive and then a td reception, then sits the rest of the game to protect the hamstring, he will have done his job imo.

Last edited:

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
Typically I'm calm and collected, but the more I think about this game, the higher the stakes get.

Personally, I think the implications of Sunday are very elevated.

I do appreciate you trying to settle me down. :D

Best way to do that is with a 6 pack of Corona

Corona???? Mmmmmmmmm..........:raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05