Gambo 12/29/2003

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Re: Gambo 12/29/2003

Originally posted by swd1974
See I liked it. Is he from the east coast? Im gonna wriye a long post tomorrow on the differences between east/west coast fans.

I think he was a tad harsh in how he went about it. Like I did last night. But over all I agree.

Maybe you could go back to the east coast, and take him with you.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And if we did secure the #1 pick all the guy would be writing about today is about how we'd screw it up....or how we wouldn't sign the guy on time.

Gambo is a hack, with no knowledge of the local teams.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is a self-righteous idiot. A typical east coast sports writer whose only ambition in life is to be a perfect A-hole. In this, he has succeded beyond his wildest dreams. My fantasy is that someday, he'll meet Leonard Davis in a bar and "Big" will fix it so that Gambo will be able to see the inside of his own spinchter. Since Gambo spends so much time talking out of his ass, I figure it's only fitting to put his head where his mouth is.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Card Trader
And if we did secure the #1 pick all the guy would be writing about today is about how we'd screw it up....or how we wouldn't sign the guy on time.

Gambo is a hack, with no knowledge of the local teams.

Yeah I agree with that. All the guy does is complain. But I did like this one. Maybe my first no second ever.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
What part did he say that wasn't true or didn't make sense? I don't follow the guy, but what he said made sense to me. It's the "cardinal way". Come on, what's not true? He may be harsh or rash, but that's understandable when you got to produce stories about the cardinals. They let us down way to much. Then when we have a chance at something like the #1 pick and we screw that up. He's writing with passion (frustration maybe). GOOD ARTICLE and no sugar coating it. It is what it is and we shouldn't be so naive.

-OCF

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point is not what he said.

The point is that no matter what the Cardinals do Gambo will spin it as a stupid move. His act gets old.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Your saying, if the Cards get in the playoff's he'd spin that as a stupid move? I doubt it. Let's face it, what have the Card's done that doesn't have a negative spin to it. In other words the cards do this to themselves time after time after time when they give a writer the opportunity to spin something negative. With success comes, support. Success first. Then support.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Guys, I don't know this writer, but when I read it, that's how I felt. Hope you all don't think I'm a self-righteous....(fill in the blank) to? Maybe the guys sick and tired of the "Cardinal way"?

OP
OP
WizardOfAz

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by OmahaCardsFan
Your saying, if the Cards get in the playoff's he'd spin that as a stupid move? I doubt it. Let's face it, what have the Card's done that doesn't have a negative spin to it. In other words the cards do this to themselves time after time after time when they give a writer the opportunity to spin something negative. With success comes, support. Success first. Then support.

You're completely missing the point here. It's not what was said, it was who said it.

If Darren Urban or Kent Somers wrote what he wrote it would be considered a good story from a good print journalist and it would be written much better!

Go reread 40yearfan's post.

Last edited:

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
The point is not what he said.

The point is that no matter what the Cardinals do Gambo will spin it as a stupid move. His act gets old.

Not entirely true. He was very supportive of the promotion of Mac in the first place and said some very good things about the resignings during the year.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
So are you guys looking at the content (which is what I thought I did) or looking at the source when you actually read it?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't seem to get it.

When we win the Superbowl, Gambo would turn around and something like "The Bidwill's are to stupid to keep this team together".

So yes he would work to write somethnig bad, like "They only got in because of a weak schedule".

He makes no effort to do any research, unlike Kent Somers and Darren Urbane (who are always there), he makes no effort to determine the facts. He doesn't visit the facility, interview management, coaches or players. All he does is decide on a story to write, then proceeds to write it. TYpically he gets his kicks out of bashing the Cardinals.

If Kent Somers writes something negative, then take it seriously. He does the leg work to be credible. This dork is just a hack who gets free tickets to games (or yes he does go even while calling for boycotts).

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jon_nyaz
Not entirely true. He was very supportive of the promotion of Mac in the first place and said some very good things about the resignings during the year.

Show me, maybe he was drunk at the time

OP
OP
WizardOfAz

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So are you guys looking at the content (which is what I thought I did) or looking at the source when you actually read it?

Now you've got it!

I prefer to look at the sum of the works, rather than just little snipets here and there. This guy tries to pass himself off as a serious journalist when, in fact, he is an in your face drive time talk show host.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
You don't seem to get it.

When we win the Superbowl, Gambo would turn around and something like "The Bidwill's are to stupid to keep this team together".

So yes he would work to write somethnig bad, like "They only got in because of a weak schedule".

He makes no effort to do any research, unlike Kent Somers and Darren Urbane (who are always there), he makes no effort to determine the facts. He doesn't visit the facility, interview management, coaches or players. All he does is decide on a story to write, then proceeds to write it. TYpically he gets his kicks out of bashing the Cardinals.

If Kent Somers writes something negative, then take it seriously. He does the leg work to be credible. This dork is just a hack who gets free tickets to games (or yes he does go even while calling for boycotts).

Well, I do see your point on the "writer", but what was said, doesn't it seem to make sense? Let's say Kent Somers (?) or whoever wrote it. Then would it make sense? I wasn't thinking of the writer. Maybe he is a Jxxk-off. But the content I agreed with because that's how I felt about my team that I've been a fan of for over 35 years (can't say I'm a 40 year card fan yet).

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Gambo is that they don't know very much about the NFL, yet he's loud in his criticisms.

And he's not just telling it like it is. The guy is a Giants fan. You don't ever hear him calling out Accorsi for ruining a team one botched field goal away from the NFC championship game. You don't hear him criticized ANYTHING regarding the Jets or Giants because for one he doesn't have the guts because he knows the New York faithful here will call him out if he's off base.

I just stopped listening to him altogether. He's an ignorant New York fan and I like the local guys that know what they're talking about better. Bob Kemp has forgotten more about sports than Gambo will ever know.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
My biggest problem with Gambo is that they don't know very much about the NFL, yet he's loud in his criticisms.

And he's not just telling it like it is. The guy is a Giants fan. You don't ever hear him calling out Accorsi for ruining a team one botched field goal away from the NFC championship game. You don't hear him criticized ANYTHING regarding the Jets or Giants because for one he doesn't have the guts because he knows the New York faithful here will call him out if he's off base.

I just stopped listening to him altogether. He's an ignorant New York fan and I like the local guys that know what they're talking about better. Bob Kemp has forgotten more about sports than Gambo will ever know.

I'm not up on this "Gambo" guy. Sounds like an outsider who's stuck in a job he doesn't like (or area). I to, would rather follow local reporters. But there are no local Cardinal reporters in Omaha, so I have to just read what's out there and focus on the contents. Still, nobody would agree that what he said seems to make a little sense?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent and Darren are the people to listen to.

Without exception, every practice Skorp or we have been to they have both been there. There are there in the locker room after the game.

I might add that Kent has been real helpful to me personaly this year in helping me understand what is going on while I am watching practice.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Still, nobody would agree that what he said seems to make a little sense?

I didn't read it personally. I hear his voice when I read his column, and the combination of the two gives me diarrhea.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05