Gambo 12/29/2003

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
you think both will be there at 3? ok how much?

A lot!!!!

Who would draft them? I doubt SD or Oakland will draft a QB, so somebody have to trade up to get them. The only problem is that all teams (except the Steelers) needing a QB draft in the bottom half of the draft. Would San Diego or Oakland really trade that far down and miss the opportunity to draft one of the 8 - 10 top prospects? (There are other prices in the draft than Eli and Ben)

Furthermore, a top project equals a huge cap hit and with that many teams with cap problem it might even be difficult to find teams willing to trade up for that reason alone

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
A lot!!!!

Who would draft them? I doubt SD or Oakland will draft a QB, so somebody have to trade up to get them. The only problem is that all teams (except the Steelers) needing a QB draft in the bottom half of the draft. Would San Diego or Oakland really trade that far down and miss the opportunity to draft one of the 8 - 10 top prospects? (There are other prices in the draft than Eli and Ben)

Furthermore, a top project equals a huge cap hit and with that many teams with cap problem it might even be difficult to find teams willing to trade up for that reason alone

Send me a pm. Thats a bet we will make.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still remember some classic Gambo lines.

He believed in '98 that Ricky Williams was smart to stay in school because Curtis Ennis was clearly a better back .... Ricky's downside was his lack of size. LMFAO....I'm not kidding you, he said Ricky wasn't a big back..... I about wrecked my car on Glendale I was so dumbfounded by his stupidity.

In '97 I mentioned Duce Staley as a possible draft steal..... he countered with Darnell Autry. I told him that Autry wasn't in Staley's league and he disagreed.

Back to '98, he basically guaranteed that Wadsworth wouldn't sign.

What a ****: he pulls for the Giants and the Jets, the Yankees and the Mets.
Most NY fans pick one baseball team and one football team and pull against the other. From my experience a Yankees fan is usually a Giants fan and a Jets Fan is a Mets fan.

It's one thing to be objective and quite another thing to actively root against the home teams. If any of Gambo's sponsors read this site I want you to know that this sports fan no longer listens to Extra Sports. If you want my business you are wasting your advertising dollars.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't mind someone bashing the Cards.....Lord knows I hear it all the time, but at least have a clue when you do it. Know what you are talking about.

Also I'd like to add.....has anyone ever thought of the possibility of 1 if not both of the QBs to be available at #3? Snottenheimer needs to win this next year, a rookie QB won't help that and not playing a rookie QB will cause some bitterness with fans.

Oakland is old at almost every position and they have a guy who has shown flashes in Tuiosasopo. They may go reciever.

I think the key is Larry Fitzgerald, if he is in the draft he will go at 1 of the 2 top picks.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I agree with the comment made that he is not the only person that bashes the Cards everthing they do. Most posters on this board do exactly the same thing. Now granted his articles go out a lot further than our posts here.But it is still the same material. He justs puts it in to harsher terms than some. But the complexity is still the same. I was one that would have loved the first pick too. But again I don't think both of those teams will want Ben and Eli. Someone will have to trade up for one. Two have you ever thought about what the players wanted. They were playing their hearts out to show McGinnis he did good with the players. Those players loved Mac. They wanted to win it for their coach. I mean how many gameballs did Mac get after and during the game? like 4? Plus everyone was talking about the Cards with the miracle play and became one of the best plays of the year. Cudos to everyone!!! What a way to send out the old and in with the new!!!:thumbup:

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Kemp

...is WAY better at analyzing sports - and he pulls no punches. I try to listen to Gambo and ???? - 1/2 the time they're babbling about their wives, kids, girfriends, movies etc.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
i'm not saying to lose on purpose (and isn't that the same thing as tanking which i just said i don't advocate?), i'm just saying that i'd have been happier if we'd have lost THIS game.

and where is the potential blessing in all this? curious . . .

The potential blessing is one of the two big QBs dropping to three, and allowing us to sign him without number one $. That would be a blessing.

For those that are sold on Big Ben, it truly is a blessing. For those that aren't so sure about him, and feel that Manning is the only sure-thing in the QB pool, it's not a blessing. It sucks.

However, we might trade down, grab a great CB, and then pick up someone like Rivers who could be a very good QB. Or hell, pick up two starting CBs. It's always a blessing, no matter how you look at it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is also the possibility that the new coach looks at Josh and likes what he sees.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
There is also the possibility that the new coach looks at Josh and likes what he sees.

True, and if Fossil is the one saying it, you've got to believe him.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Betting with swd1974 is like stealing candy from a baby!

lol hey Im 16 right vs 18 wrong. Not too bad. Especially for a year where the point spreads on average were so high!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really belive that we'll have a shot at one of the big 2 QBs. I don't think both SD and OAK will go that direction.

My gut tells me that Oakland will go after a vet (brunell, warner, couch) and draft a WR.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
The Cards will get their Qb if they want.Gambo's an idiot.Like i said in anither thread there's absolutely no way that both Eli and Ben are gone by pick 3.I'll bet anyone any amount,Gambo,Kiper et al.It's not going to happen.Like section 11,btw thanks for the husker pick, i think we'll have our choice of them at 3.

okay, $5. they are gone by the 3rd pick. if i lose you can collect from 11 who owes me for the over-under wins/losses this year. i wish i wasn't right on this stuff, but at least i can get paid for the suffering...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
I was thinking the same thing when I read Gambo's article. It's plain stupid to believe that both are gone at #3.

you wanna bet $5 too?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill take 5 on the fact that both are not there after the first 2 picks. PM to officially accept that.

EDIT: Accidently typed 23 lol

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by D-Dogg
The potential blessing is one of the two big QBs dropping to three, and allowing us to sign him without number one $. That would be a blessing.

For those that are sold on Big Ben, it truly is a blessing. For those that aren't so sure about him, and feel that Manning is the only sure-thing in the QB pool, it's not a blessing. It sucks.

However, we might trade down, grab a great CB, and then pick up someone like Rivers who could be a very good QB. Or hell, pick up two starting CBs. It's always a blessing, no matter how you look at it.

yeah, a lower draft pick is always a blessing. so you must've been ecstatic about the fact that we dropped down in round 2 and gave up a fourth rounder for two marginal prospects this past year? and boldin is not factored into that 'cuz we could have drafted him at our original #2 spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
I really belive that we'll have a shot at one of the big 2 QBs. I don't think both SD and OAK will go that direction.

My gut tells me that Oakland will go after a vet (brunell, warner, couch) and draft a WR.

but this doesn't factor in trading down with pittsburgh or washington who would love to get their hands on one of 'em. if sd and the raiders don't take qbs they'll trade the slots to someone who will. that's what stud qbs create . . . premiums.

now this is all predicated on them testing out as top-5-worthy picks. if they're just top 10 caliber this may not happen. but i'm still willing to bet $5 w/ up to 10 peeps that they go 1-2.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
okay, $5. they are gone by the 3rd pick. if i lose you can collect from 11 who owes me for the over-under wins/losses this year. i wish i wasn't right on this stuff, but at least i can get paid for the suffering...

I bet AFTER the combine is over. The combine will determine a lot of things.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
Ill take 5 on the fact that both are not there after the first 23 picks. PM to officially accept that.

Boy, both aren't there after 23 picks....you sure are going out on a limb :rolleyes:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but i'm still willing to bet $5 w/ up to 10 peeps that they go 1-2.

So do we have a bet? I'll put it on my outlook calendar to either collect or pay after the draft.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to clarify. I will bet the poster that said BOTH Qb's will be there when the cards pick at #3. I saw at least one of them wont be, probably both will NOT be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
So do we have a bet? I'll put it on my outlook calendar to either collect or pay after the draft.

yeah, so far you and 11 are 2 of my 10. can you keep track of that for me too? thanks.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, so far you and 11 are 2 of my 10. can you keep track of that for me too? thanks.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but nonetheless, I did mark it down that Sec11 is in with the same bet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05