Gametime Chat anyone?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be their anychance you know if Amare is playing tonight? my guess is probally not

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AZ Republic said it was likely he'd play today after two great practices. Game starts in 4 minutes!

he better be playing - I cancelled a lunch date for this freaking game. I just want to FINALLY see with my own eyes where he is at this point in his rehab - reading all the totally different articles has been an exercise in futility in trying to figure out where he's at.

HooverDam

Reaction score
12:09 Arizona time, Oct 10, 2006, the first time I heard Bill Walton say a crowd is "standing as one" this season

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
12:09 Arizona time, Oct 10, 2006, the first time I heard Bill Walton say a crowd is "standing as one" this season

Is that because the "crowd" is, in fact, only one person?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep getting an error and can't log in. That is so NOT remarkable.

Hired Goon

Rookie
Reaction score
He calls Leandro Leandrihno. It a Brazilian type of nickname...it means "young one". Best soccer player in the world is named Ronaldinho, and the former best is named Ronaldo.

Nash

Reaction score
He calls Leandro Leandrihno. It a Brazilian type of nickname...it means "young one". Best soccer player in the world is named Ronaldinho, and the former best is named Ronaldo.

yeah but the sad part is that he pronounces it as leandrinHO whereas leandrinYO is how it is to be pronounced. Atleast thats what I always thought from the way Ronaldinho's name was said.

Toner2u

Reaction score
Actually, o's at the end of words in Portugues are pronounceds as 'oo' not 'oh' as in spanish.

Anyway, sad the suns lost but anxious for the season to start and the beginning of our run to the title.

Go Suns, can't wait to see the game once I get home.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Actually, o's at the end of words in Portugues are pronounceds as 'oo' not 'oh' as in spanish.

As someone who speaks Portuguese, and lived in Brazil - that is not always the case. Accents differ in regions(I lived in the South, Parana and Santa Catarina). In general, the O is pronounced "Oh" as it is in Spanish. And, when there is a NH together, such as Ronaldinho, it is correct to pronounce this 'YO'.

My apologies in being picky. If your experience differs, my apologies again.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As someone who speaks Portuguese, and lived in Brazil - that is not always the case. Accents differ in regions(I lived in the South, Parana and Santa Catarina). In general, the O is pronounced "Oh" as it is in Spanish. And, when there is a NH together, such as Ronaldinho, it is correct to pronounce this 'YO'.

My apologies in being picky. If your experience differs, my apologies again.
Hey TD, spent "my time" in Sao Paulo. From 87-89.

Toner2u

Reaction score
thanks so much for the correction and the kind attitude. I've been studying Portugues for a bit noe' but unfortunately with a group with people from 5 different areas in Brazil, from people from Portugal and fro the Azores. You can see how confusing that can be.

Anyway, Walton can be irritating, I just hope he looks favorably toward our suns.

BTW, how you all like your experince in Brazil. I plan on going there next year.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brazil (or better written Brasil) is fantastic and the people - for the most part - are very kind and giving. Lots of people in Sao Paulo and the surrounding areas, but the transportation systems get you around easily enough - if you don't mind hanging off the back of the occasionally packed bus!

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
linkie no workie

but the Suns are playing with heart and determination, as I knew they would!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05