Give credit to where credit is due, congrats to the Saints

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
They kicked our ass where it counts in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I hope it's team & fans get to experience what we did last season for the 1st time ever, a Super Bowl. It stings to lose but I hope you guys win it all.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I agree. And if any fans were deserving of anything, New Orleans needs it. I'll root for them the rest of the way.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Usually when you lose to a team in the playoffs it should engender some respect, but I have none for the Saints. Cheap shot on Kurt Warner to knock him out of the game, then going for it 4th down when you're up 31? I hope the Vikings or Cowboys smoke these jerks.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They kicked our ass where it counts in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I hope it's team & fans get to experience what we did last season for the 1st time ever, a Super Bowl. It stings to lose but I hope you guys win it all.

I agree. And if any fans were deserving of anything, New Orleans needs it. I'll root for them the rest of the way.

Both of these. I hated that we had to play them before the Championship game.

I have Zero issues with the legit block thrown on KW. He was in position to make a tackle.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Usually when you lose to a team in the playoffs it should engender some respect, but I have none for the Saints. Cheap shot on Kurt Warner to knock him out of the game, then going for it 4th down when you're up 31? I hope the Vikings or Cowboys smoke these jerks.

I can't root for the Cowboys and then there is the Brett problem so that means I'll just likely turn off football and call it a year.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I have Zero issues with the legit block thrown on KW. He was in position to make a tackle.

Massive respect to the Saints. I hope you guys go on to win it all.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I don't think them going for it has anything do to with rubbing it in our faces. I think Sean Peyton is just a good coach making sure all those little mistakes in the last 3 games are gone for good. His team is hungry and the Cards are there for the whooping. It sucks but if the situation was backwards and we were in the Saints position (first game after a bye week and a 3 game skid) I'd be doing the same thing. Keep your foot on the gas.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

No way. He was trotting, he couldn't have made that tackle in a million years.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Doesn't matter. As soon as KW moves towards the ball, he's a legit target.

If KW doesn't want to be hit after a pick, take a knee and watch the int develop.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Trotting is KW's top speed,especially within the 1st couple of steps.

This play is in no way like the Sapp hit on that OT from GB. Now that was a legal but cheap shot.

Which Card got the flag for hitting Palmer during Rolles 3rd INT return for a TD. Turns out it shouldn't have been flagged but that was 100 times more of a cheap shot then this one.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
It was a clean and leagal hit, and it was still the first half. Kurt should have gotten out of the way, instead of thinking he was going to make the tackle.

I don't know who I want to win it all, but I do know it is most definitely NOT the Cowboys!!

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It was a clean and leagal hit, and it was still the first half. Kurt should have gotten out of the way, instead of thinking he was going to make the tackle.

I don't know who I want to win it all, but I do know it is most definitely NOT the Cowboys!!

Rooting now for a Saints / Jets SB. With the Saints to win.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll pull for any team left in the playoffs before the Saints. I hate them. They are dead to me.

:newcards:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll certinaly be pulling for the Saints to beat the Cowboys/Vikings winner.

I had a bad feeling about playing this team all week. I wish the injury bug hadn't hit us at the worst possible time, but it is what it is. The Saints were certainly very well prepared to play today.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe you guys are right. It still sucks to lose when we weren't at full strength. Smacks of the key injuries that messed up the Suns during their runs . . . Ceballos, Manning, KJ, Barkley, etc.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good job saints, but I still have no respect for that guy's hit on Kurt and I hope and pray he gets injured. Sorry, but there is absolutely no reason to hit Kurt Warner like that. He has never going to make the tackle. I don't give a damn if he was running full speed. That guy wanted a lick on Kurt and that was all it was.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Props to NO and their fans. They came out and played with a nasty streak today. They deserve to win. I am rooting for them to go all the way. I though it was a clean shot on KW for what its worth. And to hope and pray someone get hurts is classless Cliff.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05