Give credit to where credit is due, congrats to the Saints

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Props to NO and their fans. They came out and played with a nasty streak today. They deserve to win. I am rooting for them to go all the way. I though it was a clean shot on KW for what its worth. And to hope and pray someone get hurts is classless Cliff.

Whatever. Emotions are high. Obviously I don't want the guy hurt, but there is nothing in the world even remotely legit about that hit. If Brees would have gotten hit like that they would have been a riot.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. And if any fans were deserving of anything, New Orleans needs it. I'll root for them the rest of the way.

Ditto.

Every team should enjoy the experience of rooting for their team in the Super Bowl. It's funny how I didn't fully grasp that concept until last year. And, now that I know how it feels, I want it every year.

Good luck and enjoy the ride, Saints fans. It freaking rocks like nothing else!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife says we should be rooting against them from here on out. I just can't. They are a good team, and I'm happy for them. I will root for them all the way unless the Cowboys are in the mix.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trotting is KW's top speed,especially within the 1st couple of steps.

This play is in no way like the Sapp hit on that OT from GB. Now that was a legal but cheap shot.

Which Card got the flag for hitting Palmer during Rolles 3rd INT return for a TD. Turns out it shouldn't have been flagged but that was 100 times more of a cheap shot then this one.

Remember that play like it was yesterday Cardiac. I think it was Antonio Smith.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Saints, and I like Reggie Bush.

And I like that we will have at least lost to the Super Bowl Winner.

Go 'Aints!

It is nice to see another team that sucked for so long doing what we did last year. Nothing but love for them, and they beat the tar out of us.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever. Emotions are high. Obviously I don't want the guy hurt, but there is nothing in the world even remotely legit about that hit. If Brees would have gotten hit like that they would have been a riot.

It was a completely legit shot, nothing even remotely wrong with it. Kurt went at the play, got hit legally and laid the ef out.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

And Kurt's protection was AWFUL today. Almost as bad as the defense, but at least the D was down DRC, Rolle and Hayes. What was the Oline's excuse?

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
And Kurt's protection was AWFUL today. Almost as bad as the defense, but at least the D was down DRC, Rolle and Hayes. What was the Oline's excuse?

I dont think it was protection per se -- I think Saint coverage was good, and Kurt was forced to hold longer than he wanted.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I really don't think the Saints will beat either the Cowboys or the Vikes, both teams are wild upgrades over us in terms of D.

They are probably going to run into a buzz saw next week because they are likely to feel they are fine and IMO they are not fine.

They'll be made aware of the age old addage that defense wins championships IMO.

I hate to say it but Dallas has the best defense left in the NFC, I really see them making it all the way this year.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
A tip of the hat to the Saints. they played great. Good luck in the coming weeks

I am proud of the Cards in defeat. Some great games this season. It just wasn't our year.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was a completely legit shot, nothing even remotely wrong with it. Kurt went at the play, got hit legally and laid the ef out.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Donald just cause the rules say it's legal doesn't make it ethical. There was absolutely no reason to annihilate kurt on that play. This is a QB league. Why do that unless you are a cheap artist. Sorry no reason to do it. To top it off the game wasn't even close at that point so it wasn't like they desperately needed to score.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I've got to think that if the roles were reversed and A-Dub had laid out Brees the same way, everybody on this board would be ecstatic at how AW came to play and praise the intensity and aggressiveness of our defense.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I've got to think that if the roles were reversed and A-Dub had laid out Brees the same way, everybody on this board would be ecstatic at how AW came to play and praise the intensity and aggressiveness of our defense.

agreed. kurt was moving to the ball. i'm glad he wasn't hurt, but it would have been on him.

saints just played light-out.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Does anyone think that hit changes Kurt's mind on retiring?

That was the hardest hit I've ever seen him take, he landed just right and saved himself but that was getting rocked if I've ever seen it!

It was perfectly legit IMO, it's football and it was a live play, he got taken out as any other player would be on that play.

Once the ball changes hands the QB protection thing is gone out the window, he's just another defender and any other defender would of been lit up like that and would of just had to say great play.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sucks To Lose, But....

I have ALWAYS rooted for the under-dog. For someone/ some city who's NEVER been there. I don't be-grudge the Saints & their fans that feeling! Next year seems a long way away right now BUT I think the Cards are on the right track. I REFUSE to be crushed by what happened today. GO CARDS! :D

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone think that hit changes Kurt's mind on retiring?

Yes. He knows he can take any hit and be fine. :D

That was the hardest hit I've ever seen him take, he landed just right and saved himself but that was getting rocked if I've ever seen it!

It was perfectly legit IMO, it's football and it was a live play, he got taken out as any other player would be on that play.

Once the ball changes hands the QB protection thing is gone out the window, he's just another defender and any other defender would of been lit up like that and would of just had to say great play.

Completely agree.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well I agree with you but I doubt we could get everyone on this board to agree on just about any topic. ;)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I really don't think the Saints will beat either the Cowboys or the Vikes, both teams are wild upgrades over us in terms of D.

They are probably going to run into a buzz saw next week because they are likely to feel they are fine and IMO they are not fine.

They'll be made aware of the age old addage that defense wins championships IMO.

I hate to say it but Dallas has the best defense left in the NFC, I really see them making it all the way this year.

That's what it is an OLD adage. We didn't have any defense last year and almost won the SB. The Steelers D sure didn't stop the Cards from taking the lead after being down 20-7 and there wasn't any defense at all in our game last Sunday.

So now that we lost what do you think about McGwire as the Cards hitting coach?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Bull

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Usually when you lose to a team in the playoffs it should engender some respect, but I have none for the Saints. Cheap shot on Kurt Warner to knock him out of the game, then going for it 4th down when you're up 31? I hope the Vikings or Cowboys smoke these jerks.

When you are in FG territory and up by a lot, you go for it on 4th to give the other team a chance to stop you rather than run up the score (go up 34). It's what you are supposed to do, its not cheap.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Watch this a couple of times clif. Really watch how close Warner is to the man with the ball.

If you can watch this and honestly tell me that is not a perfectly, and expected, clean block then I would have to question your experience in playing the game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First, Congrats to the Saints. Quite obvious that they were the better team today.

Regarding the hit on Warner: Yes, it was a legal hit, but the problem I have with it, (and what clif has been saying) is that it was a deliberate attempt to injure Warner! He didn't simply block Warner as he could have, the guy went for a "kill" shot. In that respect it was a cheap shot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05