Give credit to where credit is due, congrats to the Saints

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Regarding the hit on Warner: Yes, it was a legal hit, but the problem I have with it, (and what clif has been saying) is that it was a deliberate attempt to injure Warner! He didn't simply block Warner as he could have, the guy went for a "kill" shot. In thatrespect it was a cheap shot.
Lord. First of all, do you have any idea how easy it is to jack some one up when they aren't looking? Warner was trying to make a play. Second, every football player is looking to make that block no matter who it is. Warner was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope that there are no lasting effects from the hit because Kurt is a great man but if you are saying that a player should lighten up on a block because it's Kurt Warner...

doctorj2u

Reaction score
I just wanted to give my respect to your fans and club. You have been great. Really good fans. Best of luck in the coming years!

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Not from that angle but from another angle the guy who hits him as soon as he gets up starts calling for the medical guys. It wasn't a blatant shot at injuring Warner. The newspaper in Az even said this morning that the guy was asked about the hit after the game and he kept declining comments and the reporter says he felt bad about the hit.

Reaction score
Lord. First of all, do you have any idea how easy it is to jack some one up when they aren't looking?
Yes, I do and that's what McCray did.
but if you are saying that a player should lighten up on a block because it's Kurt Warner...
No, what I am saying is that he could have easily made that block without the "kill-shot". It was intentional. He may have had remorse following the hit, but all he had to do was stick out a hand and shove Warner and he's out of the play. This was more of a "hey, I've got a free crack at their QB...

Keep in mind, I have never said there was anything illegal about the hit, intent included.

I'm done on this subject.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Saints looked awesome--congrats.

When they went for it on fourth down, I said to my friend that I thought it was a really good call. If they converted, the game was over. It wasn't about running up the score--there simply wouldn't be enough time for the Cards to come back. Especially since they already were going to need a couple of three-and-outs.

Re: the hit on Warner. I'm undecided. I'm a hockey fan, and there are a lot of clean hits that I don't like when the other player isn't looking. Stevens hit on Lindros being the ultimate example, and something that divides a lot of fans to this day. In this case, though, I think we are all so worried about Kurt's fragility and possible retirement that it's hard not to overreact. But I also agree that it didn't have to be done. Fortunately Kurt's okay, and we'll see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05