Give Mike Martz a bottle.....

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I dont know, I heard that earier too but I just know the refs were horrible for both teams and the NFL needs to do something about it.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
:lmao:

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, disputed Martz's version. He said that overriding the spike play actually saved the 49ers a penalty. Also, after the review an announcement was made that the ball would be spotted at the 2½. Officials also allowed the 49ers to line up before winding the clock, which had 3 seconds remaining. Finally, it was only third down, theoretically allowing for the 49ers to again spike the ball and call a different play on fourth down.

Thats all that needs to be said.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Either way, the 49ers were gonna lose that game. Accept the spot, they get stuffed, accept the spike/penalty, there is a 10 sec run off. Game. Set. Match

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Bottom line, Martz horribly mismanaged the clock, which shouldn't surprise anyone who has watched his teams in the past.

In an ideal world, the officials call the spot correctly in the first place, so the review doesn't change anything. Still, even discarding the point of the penalty on the non-play spike, the Niners should have had somebody in the booth watching the replay saying "Geez, it looks like it's going to be marked at the 2.5 yard line, Mike."